How did We'll Live and Die in these Towns start before kick offs? (7 Viewers)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
It really has become our anthem!!

This season with its introduction, plus the club clicking on to new player songs and adding them to the pre match play list, it’s almost as if the club are listening to the fans again 🤣

Although some can make it sound like a 80’s parents disco, it has really added an atmosphere, and the way we finish pre match with WLAD is exceptional!

Brighton Sky Blue

It really has become our anthem!!

This season with its introduction, plus the club clicking on to new player songs and adding them to the pre match play list, it’s almost as if the club are listening to the fans again 🤣

Although some can make it sound like a 80’s parents disco, it has really added an atmosphere, and the way we finish pre match with WLAD is exceptional!
Agreed. Really enjoy it!

bigfatronssba

Boltons nicked it now

Happy_Martian

Very simple Twitter poll

70% of Cov Twitter are telling Bolton to get lost and find their own song

25% are saying we should see it as a compliment and flattery

5% still trying to learn the words.

One Bolton fan has said that the "guitarist" in The Enemy is a Bolton fan.

Certainly not Andy the Bassist. He's openly said he's Cov.

And Tom, lead singer and guitarist, is originally a Brummie.

And Liam is the drummer.

So no idea which guitarist that poster was addressing.

skybluecam

Boltons nicked it now

No need to be all protective about it as some on twitter are, but it's certainly a weird thing to do. I've never heard the song used in a football or even a sporting context other than at our matches so I'm sure they must've picked it up from us. And as the song is specifically about Cov it does seem strange.

wingy

Very simple Twitter poll

70% of Cov Twitter are telling Bolton to get lost and find their own song

25% are saying we should see it as a compliment and flattery

5% still trying to learn the words.

One Bolton fan has said that the "guitarist" in The Enemy is a Bolton fan.

Certainly not Andy the Bassist. He's openly said he's Cov.

And Tom, lead singer and guitarist, is originally a Brummie.

And Liam is the drummer.

So no idea which guitarist that poster was addressing.
Who cares get it out there and on.

Happy_Martian

Who cares get it out there and on.

And why can't we be protective about it ?

Song about Cov, written and sung by a Coventry band and adopted by the band's home town team.

We don't have much that is ours alone (most of our players songs are copies of other songs). So why not fight for something that is ours ?

bigfatronssba

Not sure there is any need to be protective about it, but equally it’s a very strange choice for Bolton.

The Sky Blue Song will always be ours alone

skybluecam

Also if anyone did want the answer to the title of this thread the guy who does matchday production is on twitter (@RoystonDooley) so he might be able to give you the answer.

Happy_Martian

Also if anyone did want the answer to the title of this thread the guy who does matchday production is on twitter (@RoystonDooley) so he might be able to give you the answer.
Think I've read a comment that Stuart Cooke (@StuCooke) was the first to introduce it. He's in the media room with Royston.

Tommo1993

As popular as it is within this club, suddenly nearly 17 years after its release, it’s a very obscure and somewhat unpopular song in general for them to pick out. Having said that, I couldn’t care less. Was hoping Oxford would win anyway, because Bolton fans think they’re massive.

ajsccfc

Don't mind Bolton using it, song fits a team who've had it shit and they fit that bill. Same people going mad on Twitter about it will have been at Wembley hijacking Man Utd's alleged song, who really gives a shit?

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s a massive compliment for other teams to use it, crack on. YNWA is great at Anfield, Celtic Park and Dortmund even though it’s a Scouse song

JAM See

It’s a massive compliment for other teams to use it, crack on. YNWA is great at Anfield, Celtic Park and Dortmund even though it’s a Scouse song
Well technically, YNWA is a NYC song.

Overall though I agree with @clint van damme's point earlier.

It's nice to have other teams appropriating a song that originated with us.

clint van damme

I do hate how on social media all it takes is a fairly small handful of weirdos to make our entire fanbase look like a bunch of virgin gremlins.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

To be fair, it makes us look like virgin gremlins to an equally unhinged and fuck witted bunch from another club whose opinion I couldn't give a toss about either!

Johnnythespider

No need to be all protective about it as some on twitter are, but it's certainly a weird thing to do. I've never heard the song used in a football or even a sporting context other than at our matches so I'm sure they must've picked it up from us. And as the song is specifically about Cov it does seem strange.
Is it about Cov, they do sing Towns, plural. It's a bit like Ghost town which had the same said about it but the band said it was about the places they'd seen while touring.
Edit - As for Bolton using it in a video, isn't their manager from Cov, don't know what the fuss is about in all honesty

Users who are viewing this thread