How good must we be! (1 Viewer)

ps1948

With Sheff Utd beating West Ham, Bradford beating Leeds and MK beating Manure, our results so far look a bit more respectable.....

Otis

The larger teams on the whole tend to feild weaker teams in these sort of games and you always get giant killings a plenty in the League Cup.

Personally I don't feel any kind of feel good factor. Last night for instance MK Dons beat a team of Man U youngsters and fringe squad players.

The games mentioned above for me have no bearing whatsoever on City's encounters with these League One sides. Different games, different situations. Maybe it's just me though.

I don't feel nowt about what happened in the cup and our results in the league.

SkyBlueScottie

Although Man Utd's team still cost £60 million and had a fair amount of international caps in it.

Last edited:

JohnWH

Although Man Utd's team still cost £60 million and had a fair amount of international caps in it.

Seems to me that Man Utd youngsters *need* regular playing time. Someone should come up with some sort of new league for B teams, maybe sandwiched in between other levels.... or else how do you expect these gifted youngsters to rise to the occasion and beat strong League One sides???

Rawr rawr

With Sheff Utd beating West Ham, Bradford beating Leeds and MK beating Manure, our results so far look a bit more respectable.....

I had a similar thought! The record books will have just the result in 20 years times, not an asterisk stating the PL clubs played a reserve team. Let L1 teams enjoy their moment in the sun & us too.

the rumpo kid

Seems to me that Man Utd youngsters *need* regular playing time. Someone should come up with some sort of new league for B teams, maybe sandwiched in between other levels.... or else how do you expect these gifted youngsters to rise to the occasion and beat strong League One sides???

Rawr rawr

loan them out to us

Gint11

These teams beating the 'big' clubs has no bearing on how we did against them. Smaller teams always rise to the occasion of playing a bigger club. Simple as that.

Brighton Sky Blue

Rawr rawr

Maybe the biggest clubs shouldn't have such large squads where the majority of players have no chance of coming into the first team. They are there solely so other teams can't have them and it reduces the incentive for a player to do well.

The new FA academy rules have made this problem far worse than it already was.

letsallsingtogether

Can we play them every week please:)
These teams beating the 'big' clubs has no bearing on how we did against them. Smaller teams always rise to the occasion of playing a bigger club. Simple as that.

JohnWH

Maybe the biggest clubs shouldn't have such large squads where the majority of players have no chance of coming into the first team. They are there solely so other teams can't have them and it reduces the incentive for a player to do well.

The new FA academy rules have made this problem far worse than it already was.

Agreed!!!!

Sorry, my original posting didn't appear to make the sarcasm clear. I blame this text-based Internet thingamajig

ps1948

Always? I seem to recall we didn't rise very high against Cardiff (reserves).....

Users who are viewing this thread