how has leon not won league 1 player of the year (1 Viewer)

par1sons

Sorry what a joke. Ritchie gets 10 goals all season and has only scored 1 in the last 11 but Leon bags 21 in 31 games and gets nothing. Even bakers stars are more impressive than Ritchie, baker 14 goals and 14 assist to ritchies 10 goals 10 assists. Jjjookkkeee, smells of sponsorship b0ll0cks all over again.

wingy

Sorry what a joke. Ritchie gets 10 goals all season and has only scored 1 in the last 11 but Leon bags 21 in 31 games and gets nothing. Even bakers stars are more impressive than Ritchie, baker 14 goals and 14 assist to ritchies 10 goals 10 assists. Jjjookkkeee, smells of sponsorship b0ll0cks all over again.
You're not wrong,we're unfashionable even down here.:mad:

Sutty

Ritchie's a winger, you'd expect his goals record to be inferior.

And I'm not really sure how much financial incentive there would be to rig a vote in favour of Matt Ritchie.

hill83

We had a player win young apprentice of the year last year so our 'reputation' has nothing to do with it at all.

pusbccfc

This thread should be 'How has Carl Baker not won player of the season'
Baker has far more assists and goals than Richie

Frostie

Leon kept up his impressive record despite moving clubs, Ritchie is yet to set the world on fire for Bournemouth (although they have played him at left back on occasion!). Would have looked at Alan Judge as being Leon's real competition but there we go. How did Paddy Madden of Yeovil not make the shortlist??

Mucca Mad Boys

Ritchie is a winger, not a striker so comparing them goals is stupid tbh.

He's been good this year, and if had got to see him in person v Cov, he'd be in my 5 I listed in another thread.

CovLis86

We had a player win young apprentice of the year last year so our 'reputation' has nothing to do with it at all.

Yes, one that was featuring in European football the season after, so it's not a surprise they couldn't ignore that one whatever club he was at.

hill83

Yes, one that was featuring in European football the season after, so it's not a surprise they couldn't ignore that one whatever club he was at.

Point proven then. If the player is deemed to have been good enough, club reputation doesn't come into it.

Edit: I'm not saying Leon shouldn't have won it.

Last edited:
Stop moaning. Theres more to football than scoring goals. Matt Ritchie deserves it and Leon has only scored goals this season and not created them. Personally i think the POTS should have been Baker but out of the nomiated players, Ritchie deserves it. Not saying Leon doesnt deserve an award cus he's been amazing this season, but went to the best player

ThisManHere

Leon kept up his impressive record despite moving clubs, Ritchie is yet to set the world on fire for Bournemouth (although they have played him at left back on occasion!). Would have looked at Alan Judge as being Leon's real competition but there we go. How did Paddy Madden of Yeovil not make the shortlist??

Because they didn't put him on it.

Users who are viewing this thread