How low does it have to go ? (1 Viewer)

coop

No there not but if you seen there noses you would think so

Grendel

All staff at the club get free tickets to give to family or friends. I have had 2 free ones for many years and at the Ricoh they were in a big block under the boxes in the main stand with premier club access. If you had looked at the start of the season you would have seen the big block at sixfields reserved . Approx 200 .
To be fair I don't give a flying fuck what you think . Just get your facts right. Nick even told you last night about the free tickets . He should know because he can use them as well .

If these count as attendees and season tickets how do the club deal with customs and excise? Or do they not count as attendees?

DaleM

There has always been free/very reduced price tickets available for CCFC games. It's who you know if you know what I mean .

Even though I could have gone for free with a company car fully fueled so it wouldn't cost a bean. I will not step foot inside sixfields.

NorthernWisdom

There has always been free/very reduced price tickets available for CCFC games. It's who you know if you know what I mean .

Yeah tbf, that's hardly a shocker. Although hardly a perk, more a punishment in lieu of a written warning for employees, I'd have thought!

And hardly a shocker that when gates slump, they end up being a far bigger percentage of the gate, either.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It is, but I don't see the relevance of the Luton fans, 99% of threads are already discussing this crap. Was there really a need for this irrelevant thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Agreed, we don't need this comparison to show what a state we're in. Everyone on this forum knows anyway

Nick

Administrator
All staff at the club get free tickets to give to family or friends. I have had 2 free ones for many years and at the Ricoh they were in a big block under the boxes in the main stand with premier club access. If you had looked at the start of the season you would have seen the big block at sixfields reserved . Approx 200 .
To be fair I don't give a flying fuck what you think . Just get your facts right. Nick even told you last night about the free tickets . He should know because he can use them as well .

Yep I think it is 2 free so I don't know how many staff get this so that could be 600.

They also got them at the Ricoh too I think.

It is fact, I have seen them with my own eyes and touched one on occasion.

I am in fact Tim Fishers love child!

skybluefred

Please don't ruin people's fun by pointing out the obvious fact.

It does't matter who the fans support it's the numbers that count. The latest on the grapevine is that
an Ocean liner is on the way from the Cayman Islands loaded with fans. They would have come by air
but they can no longer afford the air fare.

dongonzalos

Yep I think it is 2 free so I don't know how many staff get this so that could be 600.

So if all 600 are counted in the attendance and we have about 550 season ticket holders.
If that taken off the attendance leaving away supporters and possibly a very very few fans turning up who don't have a season ticket.

Last edited:

skybluefred

I believed it until the last line--him and love--your having a laugh.

RoboCCFC90

The issue I have with the free ticket rumour is that people were insinuating that they were being handed out around northampton to get the crowds up when actually it was only tickets being given to staff of the Club so some people have exagerated it a little further then needs to be IMO, but the Club giving free tickets to staff is totally acceptable IMO.

chiefdave

If these count as attendees and season tickets how do the club deal with customs and excise? Or do they not count as attendees?

When they submit for tax they don't give number of people they give a revenue amount and get taxed on that.

stupot07

When they submit for tax they don't give number of people they give a revenue amount and get taxed on that.

But it is audited in the accounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

chiefdave

But it is audited in the accounts.

It isn't in there as a taxable amount is it? That would be odd. Wouldn't it be something along the lines of x number of people attended over the course of the season generating x in ticket revenue? Otherwise you'd have to work backwards to an average ticket price per person in attendence which seems an odd way to do things.

torchomatic

So the crap attendances at the Ricoh were even crappier than I thought? Or is this one of those "only works one way" kind of things?

Grendel

So presumably then the individuals who receive these free tickets have to declare them on their tax return as a benefit in kind then?

chiefdave

You would have to check the classification with the Inland Revenue, my accountant sorts mine out for me so no idea what he includes where - I just pay the bill. I can't imagine them coming after you for an undeclared ticket to Sixfields that only cost £9 in the first place if it had been paid for!

At a guess your average salaried employee, who doesn't file a tax return, and gets tickets from his employer for free which the employer has been given for free probably flys under the radar or the employer pays the tax on it so the employee gets the ticket at no cost to them.

Things like company season tickets or boxes etc would have to be declared.

Of course if you're self employeed you'd be doing a tax return anyway and probably claiming the mileage to the game as a business cost :D

Users who are viewing this thread