How many are calling for Pressley's head tonight? (2 Viewers)

Skyblueweeman

I'm now on the SP out brigade. Admire his commitment and passion but it's just not working. Cheers Elvis, wish you luck in whatever you do next but you need to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

In case you haven't noticed, anyone from the academy who is 'brought on', and has an ounce of talent, is sold off at the end of the season, and the money is not reinvested in the team. So what is the point in waiting for that?

Other than bigiamara has there been any acadamy player sold after one season or are you making that up?

Jackoskyblue

I thinks it's time to go but id give him until the end of jan which gives him
Away v Gillingham 21st
Away v Yeovil 24th
Home v Rochdale 8th

Anything other than 3 wins and he has to go. two teams down the bottom must win games and should win games and even tho Rochdale are flying we are the home team we should be beating teams like them. So it's 9 points or goodbye

stupot07

I thinks it's time to go but id give him until the end of jan which gives him
Away v Gillingham 21st
Away v Yeovil 24th
Home v Rochdale 8th

Anything other than 3 wins and he has to go. two teams down the bottom must win games and should win games and even tho Rochdale are flying we are the home team we should be beating teams like them. So it's 9 points or goodbye

Don't be ridiculous, we aren't good enough to win 3 on the bounce regardless of the opposition, and our home record is dire, and I can't remember the last time we won 3 league games in a row. It's not going to happen, so why bother waiting until the transfer window closes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Jackoskyblue

Don't be ridiculous, we aren't good enough to win 3 on the bounce regardless of the opposition, and our home record is dire, and I can't remember the last time we won 3 league games in a row. It's not going to happen, so why bother waiting until the transfer window closes?

I'm not saying wait for the full 3 games say we don't beat Gilkingham then we can't get 9 points so time to go
Say we beat Gilkingham but lose to Yeovil we can't get 9 points so time to go
Unfortunately sisu won't sack him unless we let our feelings be known and the first real opportunity to do that is v Rochdale at end of transfer window so regardless of my opinion of 3 games or yours we won't be getting a new manager for this window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

davebart

You're wrong because it is a shite league and still look where we are.

The reality is we are shit with a shit manager, if you think things are 'ok' after that tonight then can I suggest you rub your eyes.

I'm sorry but I do not agree with your view of what is right and wrong.

Nothing I said is factually incorrect, which was:

The reality is that Port Vale have 3 more points than us and are 10th.

This really is a mediocre league and games against Swindon and Bristol City are not going to decide our fate.

Losing to teams like Swindon and Bristol City at home are not measures of where we are overall. We are in a league where 3 point separate 9 places. In theory one win could move us from 18th to 10th. That is the real (and therefore true) situation. We are one of a number of mediocre teams.

Another reality is that Pressley has seen over £4 million come into the club in transfer fees and yet has not been allowed to spend one penny of it. I shouldn't think he is overly pleased about that.

But what he will be pleased with is the nice shiny new four year contract he has just been given. A contract that means he will not be given his marching orders no matter how much City fans bitch and moan. SISU never have and never will listen to the fans.

Covstu

This really is a mediocre league and games against Swindon and Bristol City are not going to decide our fate.

Losing to teams like Swindon and Bristol City at home are not measures of where we are overall. We are in a league where 3 point separate 9 places. In theory one win could move us from 18th to 10th. That is the real (and therefore true) situation. We are one of a number of mediocre teams.

Another reality is that Pressley has seen over £4 million come into the club in transfer fees and yet has not been allowed to spend one penny of it. I shouldn't think he is overly pleased about that.

But what he will be pleased with is the nice shiny new four year contract he has just been given. A contract that means he will not be given his marching orders no matter how much City fans bitch and moan. SISU never have and never will listen to the fans.

i agree with most of what you are saying but lets be clear that he has had money to bring in players, his loanees have been appalling with no heart and passion which clearly showed last night. Yes he is not spending the clarke and wilson money etc but would you trust him with £4M?? i wouldnt sadly.

davebart

No I wouldn't.

My concerns about Pressley began before he took up the reigns - given his previous record.

He was brought in because he champions bringing through youth team players and lowering budgets. He wasn't appointed because he has been successful as a manager.

Hence I try to judge how is doing in terms of his brief when he was appointed. He is thus doing very well (in SISUs eyes).

I think Swindon are a bit ahead of us in terms of the wage reduction and building a team but it has to be said they are reinvesting some money back into the squad. I don't think Pressley will be given any money at all.

No wonder he is angry all the time.

Sky Blue Kid

i agree with most of what you are saying but lets be clear that he has had money to bring in players, his loanees have been appalling with no heart and passion which clearly showed last night. Yes he is not spending the clarke and wilson money etc but would you trust him with £4M?? i wouldnt sadly.
To use a well worn phrase mate...Total boll**s. He has NOT been given any money whatsoever from the sales of Clarke, Wilson, and Arsenal "Gate money". He has been given the "Go ahead" as have previous managers to do what we all know SISU do best....Sell players and then bring in freebies and loanees. You are correct when saying "He is not spending the clarke and wilson money etc" that has all gone to the Cayman Is.

Grendel

To use a well worn phrase mate...Total boll**s. He has NOT been given any money whatsoever from the sales of Clarke, Wilson, and Arsenal "Gate money". He has been given the "Go ahead" as have previous managers to do what we all know SISU do best....Sell players and then bring in freebies and loanees. You are correct when saying "He is not spending the clarke and wilson money etc" that has all gone to the Cayman Is.

Bit like Swindons manager then who had to more than half the playing budget?

Sky Blue Kid

@ Grendel....I wouldn't know, because I don't know what the Swindon manager's budget was. As I suspect, neither do you mate ;)

mrtrench

wilson made his debut in the 2009/10 season, also made an appearance in the 2010/11 season, and played 13 games in the 2012/13 season, before last season, so no, not sold after 1 season.

True but that's only because he wasn't good enough to sell until last year. He was sold immediately once he showed enough promise to attract a price tag.

Covstu

To use another well known phase 'so they are all playing for free then knobhead???'

Sky Blue Kid

@ Covstu.....Was there any need for the knobhead statement mate?.....Asked if he’s got a transfer budget, he said: “Yes there is. We’re not talking here about a transfer kitty where we can go out and sign players for thousands of pounds, but there are areas in the budget where we can free up wages to entice players to the club......Doesn't this say to you there is NO KITTY? and the bit about "but there are areas in the budget where we can free up wages to entice players to the club......" Then again he's got the £4m he can splash out eh? :)

Sky Blue Kid

@ Covstu.....How many times does it have to be explained to people like you mate? SISU sell a player on £4k pw. and bring in 3 players on £1k pw....This means they "Trouser" £1k pw The rate SISU are going, they'll be raiding Cov and Dist. Sunday league for players soon. :)

Grendel

@ Covstu.....How many times does it have to be explained to people like you mate? SISU sell a player on £4k pw. and bring in 3 players on £1k pw....This means they "Trouser" £1k pw The rate SISU are going, they'll be raiding Cov and Dist. Sunday league for players soon. :)

So Swindon have trousered £1.1 million this season on transfers and £2 million on slashing the wage budget have they --- mate?

Sky Blue Kid

@ davebart....I tend to use that word a lot. There's no animosity as you call it, just setting the record straight....Mate ;)

davebart

@ davebart....I tend to use that word a lot. There's no animosity as you call it, just setting the record straight....Mate ;)

Maybe you do not understand the implications of what you have written.

How many times does it have to be explained to people like you mate

the words 'people like you' is offensive. chum.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Davebart.....Aaaannndddd being called a "Knobhead" isn't?....Chum?........................@ Grendel.....I've looked at my post you replied to and, no, I definately never mentioned Swindon in my post...Mate. I haven't attacked anyone in my posts, and if anyone is offended by anything I've said I apologise :)

Brighton Sky Blue

This team is underachieving, yes or no?

Covstu

Or go against the large debts we clearly still have? people like you need to understand that some clubs cannot spend beyond their means anymore.....

davebart

This team is underachieving, yes or no?

I've got no idea and nor has anyone else. As I say on another thread we might presume that if the players were better than the way they perform for us they wouldn't be playing for us.

They have to show that they are better.

My opinion is that the squad is too slow to cause problems to better sides. They might do alright against equally average players.

Users who are viewing this thread