How many CCFC Gamblers? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I am considering making some sort of odd comparison page on Sky Blues Talk which would show the latest odds for everything Coventry City like scores, scorers etc.

Then can have all of the big bookie's odds on a page so it saves searching for them.

Do you lot think it would be a good idea? Would it get used?

I could probably speak to them and get some of those good "Free Bet" deals as well.

smileycov

Facebook User
Yep defo, i like a bet on a saturday....make life more interesting. Would we have to sign up to a certain bookies? is that what you mean, or maybe a link from here

Nick

Administrator
Well I would try to get most bookies odds so people could see the best ones. Like if Bet365 or Betfred had the best odds on us to win then people could just use them to place a bet.

Having a forum with users the bookies tend to kiss arse so it gives leverage to get the good free bet offers for you lot :)

rob9872

I think anyone who gambles probably uses the sites with the best offers anyhow and it isn't that difficult to find. For the average £5 mug punter the value will make such insignificant difference.

For the site it would probably better if you just get affiliated with one bookie (FC Betz would be a good one as they are at the ground and Rich who posts here works for them). That way you just provide a link and everytime someone clicks and signs up through the link, you get a kickback to help towards the costs of running the site. It's not massive but better than being poked in the eye with a sharp stick :)

Nick

Administrator
I was just trying to make something that might be valuable to the users.

The running of the site costs I am ok to cover, if anything was to be made it would be put back in with Prediction League prizes :)

CovInEssex

Sounds good, but as someone said, might be an idea to try and get affiliated with a small-time bookies, and they may offer more City related markets.

If I had a couple of grand behind me, I would start a CCFC bookies!

ccfcway

Go for it,

Have a betting section, with not just cov matches. but also tips, big odds etc for other games..

I remember reading one on another site last season about one of the sundays where there was 4 premier league matches and if all ended in a draw it would be 170/1

Suffice top say that was £3 well spent !!

Also meant for a great thread on that website that day as a few others backed it !

Nick

Administrator
I didn't want the site to go too off topic but would be happy to add a betting section IF there was enough demand.

I was just thinking of a page (with a link up the top by prediction league) that will show the latest CCFC odds.

I am open to suggestions to what the users want :)

I think it's a good idea and I'd use it -

CovInEssex

While we're skint togetherrrr
We just never winn
Betfred or Ladbrokes, Coral or anyoneee
We just can't win, our slips end up in the bin!

The Reverend Skyblue

yes the Rev is good to go.
I am not compulsive gambler by any means but a fiver a week would be my budget, and like so many others, i'm very good at losing my money.

The Rev

The Reverend Skyblue

slightly off topic if i may be allowed, i've filled in my prediction league results but i did'nt have to register or was my name on my predictions,is this Ok and my predictions will be recognised ?
I'm fairly new to all this technology.

The Rev :confused:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Personally, I don't gamble - apart from a once a year flutter on the National - it's just my personal preference (and because I lost a lot of money many years ago in a single game of cards and vowed never to gamble again!) but I think if people would use it wisely, then I can can see it doing very well Nick.
I would hate to think of people losing loads of hard earned money and then blaming SBT for running the links! Once again, just my opinon. :whistle:

rob9872

:O

No more as in gone bust or no more as in no longer at the ground?

Users who are viewing this thread