Huawei (1 Viewer)

Bluegloucester

Report on Sky: the Intelligence and Security committee criticise Chinese telecoms companies' ability to spy on UK through investment in UK projects.

torchomatic

Knowing the high morals of many on here then I would now imagine that we won't want them to take us over, no matter how rich they are.

lordsummerisle

I expect it'll be a lot of ,"Just what we need, somebody really ruthless in business, nobody will push us around with this lot in charge"

Followed by a few years later: "These idiots are screwing us all over with their sharp business practices, how on Earth could we have ever known?" and "I won't have a Chinky on matchdays now until they've gone"!.

Jim

British business actions in China are hardly squeaky clean. For instance we have only just given them back Hong Kong, which we effectively demanded from them after the navy slaughtered the Chinese during the opium wars.

RoboCCFC90

I expect it'll be a lot of ,"Just what we need, somebody really ruthless in business, nobody will push us around with this lot in charge"

Followed by a few years later: "These idiots are screwing us all over with their sharp business practices, how on Earth could we have ever known?" and "I won't have a Chinky on matchdays now until they've gone"!.

Well that's me royally screwed

ajsccfc

I've been refusing to eat Elk in protest of our Finnish overlords for years now. I might just change it to matchdays.

SkyBlueSwiss

British business actions in China are hardly squeaky clean. For instance we have only just given them back Hong Kong, which we effectively demanded from them after the navy slaughtered the Chinese during the opium wars.

Any student of history, especially political history if presented in an unbiased fashion (Grendel, you studied political history did you not? You should know this), would have to admit that in order to build the biggest empire this world has ever known to our knowledge, we Brits were rather nasty people on very many occasions. Had this argument with my mother many decades ago, and she wouldn't talk to me for a long time for saying that the British Tommy was sometimes a right nasty soldier in the service of the empire!

@richh87

You're right, we should want to be run by buffoons! (Oh, we are).

torchomatic

Or anyone that isn't 100% whiter than white and squeaky clean. As I said, many on here have outstandingly high morals.

You're right, we should want to be run by buffoons! (Oh, we are).

Users who are viewing this thread