Match Thread Huddersfield Town - Coventry City Match Thread - Friday 29th Mar (6 Viewers)

Matt smith

Think we can get by without Palmer and Latibeaudiere but I’d be tempted to start Haji if he’s up to it. Even if we only get 60 mins out of him.
A difficult call, and if he starts and tweaks something it’ll be a tough one to swallow with what we have coming up

Saddlebrains

They may well do, but yesterday i was told that MR Really doesn't want to overdo any of the 3 as we have so many games in the month.

You would think we would have enough to get a result without them v Huddersfield as they are fucking shocking. If we can go without putting any minutes into their legs, adding the extra 3 days rest they would have over the rest of the squad, they would be fit and firing for Cardiff onwards

Plus dont forget, Allens now back, he can easily replace Palmer as coming on for 30 v Huddersfield

Large drop in Quality from Haji to Tavares, but it worked v Stoke. And Latibeaudiere, can see Eccles potentially starting at RB, Torp and Sheaf in the middle as we also have a fully fit Kelly to come on at 60, again should be enough v Huddersfield

Sky Blue Pete

They may well do, but yesterday i was told that MR Really doesn't want to overdo any of the 3 as we have so many games in the month.

You would think we would have enough to get a result without them v Huddersfield as they are fucking shocking. If we can go without putting any minutes into their legs, adding the extra 3 days rest they would have over the rest of the squad, they would be fit and firing for Cardiff onwards

Plus dont forget, Allens now back, he can easily replace Palmer as coming on for 30 v Huddersfield

Large drop in Quality from Haji to Tavares, but it worked v Stoke. And Latibeaudiere, can see Eccles potentially starting at RB, Torp and Sheaf in the middle as we also have a fully fit Kelly to come on at 60, again should be enough v Huddersfield
Huddersfield haven’t been that bad

Otis

I wouldn't write them off at all.

It IS that time of year now. The end of the season is approaching and teams are fighting for their lives.

Huddersfield are well capable of beating us, without any shadow of a doubt.

We will have to play well I think. If we're on good form, then I think that we will win, but we have to expect a physical battle and having some lumps kicked out of us.

They truly will be scrapping for their lives. It's only Rotherham that are a walkover right now.

Saddlebrains

I wouldn't write them off at all.

It IS that time of year now. The end of the season is approaching and teams are fighting for their lives.

Huddersfield are well capable of beating us, without any shadow of a doubt.

We will have to play well I think. If we're on good form, then I think that we will win, but we have to expect a physical battle and having some lumps kicked out of us.

They truly will be scrapping for their lives. It's only Rotherham that are a walkover right now.

They've won 8 of 38. Albion swept them away with ease and we are about Albions level

I think they're awful

Viktor17

This worries me - agree Huddersfield haven't been horrific and will be fighting for life. Will be a slog of a game.

I get we have a lot of games, but just take it one at time (granted easter is anomaly) But where possible its full strength, would only be resting Haji etc if they are showing up signs when tested etc after arriving back. We can't be having the same situation as in Feb when we were chucking the names in a hat at times it felt.

Otis

They've won 8 of 38. Albion swept them away with ease and we are about Albions level

I think they're awful
Post duly bookmarked.

You don't know much about football if you only base your thinking on the previous games of the season.

Time and time again and year in, year out, sides at the bottom of the table, often start pulling up victories at the death.

You're a City fan. We've done it enough times ourselves haven't we?

Saddlebrains

Post duly bookmarked.

You don't know much about football if you only base your thinking on the previous games of the season.

Time and time again and year in, year out, sides at the bottom of the table, often start pulling up victories at the death.

Yes we have i agree. And we shouldnt take them lightly.

Im just saying, they have the least amount of wins in the league other than Rotherham, conceded 61 goals in 38 games, and when i watched them V Albion they were totally bereft of any confidence or cohesion with an absolutely soulless atmosphere

Im saying If we have to play a game without Haji, Kasey and Joel, id suggest this is it over Cardiff.

If we cant muster up a win against the side in the division that have only Rotherham as worse than them (we all know Wednesdays recent turnaround) then we dont deserve top 6

Otis

Yes we have i agree. And we shouldnt take them lightly.

Im just saying, they have the least amount of wins in the league other than Rotherham, conceded 61 goals in 38 games, and when i watched them V Albion they were totally bereft of any confidence or cohesion with an absolutely soulless atmosphere

Im saying If we have to play a game without Haji, Kasey and Joel, id suggest this is it over Cardiff.

If we cant muster up a win against the side in the division that have only Rotherham as worse than them (we all know Wednesdays recent turnaround) then we dont deserve top 6
I think we should win, but I don't think it is going to be easy.

Think we are really going to have to fight for it and am expecting a physical battle, which could then of course take it's toll for Monday.

Need to get through unscathed and with the win.

Viktor17

Not suggesting we should do it but can see why Norwich have held Sargent back, could be the difference between getting play offs and missing out.
Anyone know latest on Sargent - pulled out of USA hence Wright call up? Don't wish injury on anyone, but would help us if he had to miss a few weeks.

torchomatic

Post duly bookmarked.

Spot on, Otis. Rotherham have only won three games this season, one of them against us. Can't take anything for granted.

SonofErnie

Sargent wouldn’t have been happy though I reckon
I think it was a cynical move by Norwich. Not only to give their player a rest but also directly impact a play off rival. I think players should be made to miss the next game for their club in these circumstances.

Hopefully they have an unhappy player on their hands for the remainder of the season.

Otis

I think it was a cynical move by Norwich. Not only to give their player a rest but also directly impact a play off rival. I think players should be made to miss the next game for their club in these circumstances.

Hopefully they have an unhappy player on their hands for the remainder of the season.
I'm pretty sure that if they were thinking in terms of saving Sargent, they weren't also thinking of Coventry City.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

I think Big Adi left one in on Sargent as payback

Warwickhunt

Not suggesting we should do it but can see why Norwich have held Sargent back, could be the difference between getting play offs and missing out.
Don't think they can play Sargeant first game after the international break as they declared him unfit. Some rule I read once methinks

shepardo01

Don't think they can play Sargeant first game after the international break as they declared him unfit. Some rule I read once methinks
Never heard that one! Can't see it being true! There would be a lot of key players missing for their clubs if this were true!!

Users who are viewing this thread