hypothetical and irrelevant but I'll ask anyway (1 Viewer)

Sba180

Would mcgoldrick have had a hat full of the missed chances we've had lately?

theferret

Leon seems to be missing 2 or 3 sitters a game at the moment. One part of me thinks our good run is going to come to an end soon, yet the scorelines continue to flatter the opposition. We seem to have a lot to spare. Was it 3 times we hit the woodwork again today? And yet some people were suggesting it was an indifferent performance.

shmmeee

Leon seems to be missing 2 or 3 sitters a game at the moment. One part of me thinks our good run is going to come to an end soon, yet the scorelines continue to flatter the opposition. We seem to have a lot to spare. Was it 3 times we hit the woodwork again today? And yet some people were suggesting it was an indifferent performance.

The good thing is he's still scoring and were making enough chances. If this is him off form, what will we look like if it starts to click for him?

Sba180

You say that but my mate who went today (on a free ticket) said we'll give someone a real hiding sooner or later

ccfcway

creating chances is something we are certainly not used to

someone somewhere is due a hammering soon !

theferret

The good thing is he's still scoring and were making enough chances. If this is him off form, what will we look like if it starts to click for him?

Exactly, I think there is more to come from both him and the team. I'm not convinced this team will fall away like some seem to think - but a couple of injuries and that might all change.

coventry&stuff

Are the people asking this attending the games? Or just following up on this little negative Leon buzz that's going around?

The man hasn't had a bad game yet so far this season. Only crime being he gives the framework a battering. He's getting on the end of alot of chances he has no right too, and works his arse off for the full 90.

theferret

Are the people asking this attending the games? Or just following up on this little negative Leon buzz that's going around?

The man hasn't had a bad game yet.

I agree, his all round play is excellent, but he can be a tad wasteful. But like someone else said in another thread, if he bags 20+ goals this season nobody will be complaining.

coventry&stuff

I agree, his all round play is excellent, but he can be a tad wasteful. But like someone else said in another thread, if he bags 20+ goals this season nobody will be complaining.

I wouldn't agree he's been wasteful. Certainly not to be questioned like he is currently by some.

Don't get it.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
As an ex-defender and goalie, I pay a lot of attention to defence in a game. Anyone know how well they played at the back today?

theferret

I wouldn't agree he's been wasteful. Certainly not to be questioned like he is currently by some.

Don't get it.

Questioned by who? There has been no criticism of him at all really. It's just a simple observation - he has missed more than a few clear cut chances in recent games, but that happens - and many of those chances he has made himself, and I am sure he will bag a hat-trick before long.

coventry&stuff

Questioned by who? There has been no criticism of him at all really. It's just a simple observation - he has missed more than a few clear cut chances in recent games, but that happens - and many of those chances he has made himself, and I am sure he will bag a hat-trick before long.

I've seen a couple of posts questioning him. Agree he makes alot of his chances, he works very hard to create them.

Another game where City have 23+ chances. 25 today. Someone will get a tonking for sure, but agree that this young side will have setbacks. Its a shame many of us will not see them for at least half of the games, to offer our support and help them all of the time. But I am sure most of us that refuse to go to Sixfields are with the team in spirit.
If we keep on making chances, we will still score. Just got to try and keep clean sheets.

Covstu

You look at the amount of goals we are scoring and we seem to be a little better at the back (albeit a little too fragile still). No complaints from me at the moment......

ajsccfc

I like how we're playing such attacking football when some people were moaning about Pressley being a defender as a player so obviously a dour, defensive manager. Like when goalkeepers go into management and try to put everyone in gloves, or Ossie Ardiles... actually, bad example there.

RFC

Leon was great, made some excellent positions and was more than a 'tad' unlucky with his finishing but he is always going to deliver long-term IMHO!

Right now with all the scouts present he 'needs to feel wanted' IMHO!

PUSB - PUSB - PUSB - PUSB - PUSB - PUSB - PUSB - PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread