I am totally astounded, shocked, astonished and amazed (1 Viewer)

Otis

that yet again our goal getting, all potent, free scoring, net busting team failed to bag the 3 goals as some had been predicting on here before the game.

Got the feeling that we may need to start getting 3 shots on target per game before we can start thinking of getting 3 goals.

We now have a whopping 11 goals in the goals for column in 14 matches. Mighty impressive.:(:( According to today's stats we only had 5 attempts on goal the whole 90 mins. Can't for the life of me understand why City fans come out with predictions of 2 and 3 nil for us in games.

We don't create enough chances. That's the bottom line.

Going to be really tough on Tuesday. I again as with today, would be delighted with a draw.

ccfcway

i only remember 3 attempts

you sure the other 2 werent crosses ?, as I only remember 2 of those !

Otis

BBC saying 5 attempts. 4 on target, 1 off.

Maybe they added to our true tally out of sympathy.

Otis

We don't create hardly any clear cut chances in any game, so you are probably right.

TheOldFive

Kinda Hard to be delighted with results that will see us relegated. Cold comfort that it might be being realistic, if that was what being a fan of your club was, well, we'd all be reaching for the razor blades right now. So, put me down for a Cody Hat Trick on Tuesday, I'd rather have optimistic and maybe forlorn hope than a dead-eyed resigned cynicism worming away inside.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
When was the last time we scored 3 goals in one game?

I expect us to lose on Tuesday, horrible feeling after today. A draw would have been acceptable if we had won more games but not good enough really. We dont create enough and we certainly dont score enough.

CCFC123

I remember many years ago when we won a match 3-0. Many of the older generation will remember us scoring goals in football matches. :D

The younger generation on here I do hope will see us score goals in the matches they attend. I do remember that we quite often had a couple of players that scored more than 10 goals a season! :eek::D

J

Jack Griffin

I remember many years ago when we won a match 3-0. Many of the older generation will remember us scoring goals in football matches. :D

The younger generation on here I do hope will see us score goals in the matches they attend. I do remember that we quite often had a couple of players that scored more than 10 goals a season! :eek::D

That makes me glad to be old.. well sort of

egastap

I remember when the Bantams were also nicknamed the 'old-five' as they regularly scored 5 goals a game.......ahh, those were the days my friend, I'd thought they'd never end! (sic)

We were in the top flight for 30 odd years and there were only two seasons out of that lot in which we failed to score 5 goals at least once. One of those was the year that we were relegated. Even when we were a struggling team you knew that, on our day, we could tear a team apart. I now go up to matches expecting us to score no more than a single goal. What pressure that puts on the defence. When we concede you can actually see the team deflate because they, too, realise that there are precious few goals in our team!

Otis

It must also give hope to the opposition. They know we don't create many chances and they know we don't score enough. We are currently scoring at an average of 0.7857 goals a game. Think that must demoralise us and spur on the opposition.

I have no idea why the likes of Paxman keeps predicting City to score 3 goals. :thinking about: We don't even look like scoring at all in most games, so it's not as if the team looks capable of any sort of tally at the moment.

Not sure what the answer is. Our crossing on the whole comes from the fullbacks and therefore comes from deep positions. We hardly play a single killer ball through from midfield areas into the front two and Juke, as good as he is, is not a natural goalscorer. Very few goals coming from our midfielders, so things looking rather glum on all fronts. By my reckoning there is only McDonald who looks like scoring regularly and that's simply not going to be enough.

Unless anything changes we will be relegated and I think any change has to happen off the pitch to enable things to happen on the pitch. I for one was really happy with a draw yesterday. We have no divine right to expect a win and we are not a big team anymore. We are a below average Championship one.

No doubt in my mind that we are going to lose many more games than we are going to win this season and any draw should be treated as a positive and any win as a real bonus. Time we lowered our expectations.

I already have one eye on League One next season and which players will still be here. That's not negativity, that's realism.

Past moaning anymore. Let's just try and back the team best we can but not expect to beat anyone in this league.

Otis

We would. We lost 3 top players last season in King, Gunnar and Westwood. That has hurt us. King as the natural goalscorer, Gunnar as the box to box midfielder and Westwood as probably the best keeper in this division.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Otis this isnt me having a pop, its a genuine question; what realistic 'change' do you think will change this fact? Our goals 'for' colum had always been shite, no matter who the manager is (hence we always end seasons with a minus goal difference), we cant change the playing staff and changing formation will only change players positions, not the personnel. I agree we have problems, lots of them, and the one of the biggest is we dont find the net often enough, but im struggling to see how its goin to change, and i fear AT will do too!

Covstu

There is always an excuse though! We are simply not good enough to compete in this league with the current setup we have, sad thing is that we are helpless to do anything about it! Long are the days with panic buys!!!

Paxman II

I honestly don't believe we have that bad a squad at this level. Certainly there are worse squads than ours. The main problem seems to be consistence of performance. There have been games where we have performed very well all be it for half a game at times! The signs are there of a good developing side. I can't put my finger on it about lack of goals, there have been games where we have created plenty of chances tbf. I thought yesterday we may have had one of those games and actually scored a few with Macca back and Cody on the pitch but we failed to make that work effectively. I actually had us as 1-2 winners on the prediction league to put a realistic spin on it and very nearly in the closing 10 minutes we were a whisker away from that at one point. Certain players can't finish.
Finishing seems a real problem but Cody was brought in for this very fact. He scored the other day and I think from now on he will bag a goal every other game or two as all good goal scorers do. However for all his effort Juke seems unable to put away many of the chances he has been given. I think that is now a problem.
The other problem may be this diamond formation that seems to be read too easily by the opposition. The players in that role have changed too frequently and for it to work well you need a settled group playing it.
There is no panic required yet or widely outlandish statements of doom and gloom. Disappointed not to win at Donny but we changed the defence again and that never helps. The problem is the penetration up front. Support from the likes of Baker and Macca have been weak.
I fear that a few more defeats over the next few games and the belief will evaporate from the young players. A couple of good results and the reverse will be true.
Definitive time ahead for Thorn and his squad, one away and three at home to make a mark. If it can't be done then a change will be needed.

ccfc luke

Saturday was one of the most depressing games i have seen in my life. We had absolute no creativity going forward, or attacking intent. The diamond doesnt work without a GOOD attacking midfielder to be able to link the play from the midfielders to the strikers.

I cant see it going any other way than us returning to the keepmoat to play donny next year..in league 1

stupot07

Paxman - i'd like to know which teams have worse squads than us? And if they have do they have more options than us? (i.e. pacy wingers, etc)

I look at our squad and i think it's a bottom 4 squad, with limited options, too many samey players no pace, etc. We finished 18 last season and lost our 4 best players and a load of squad players - our squad is not as good as last seasons so we can only assume we will finish lower. The loss of 21 goals (King, Gunnar, Turner) is sticking out like a sore thumb at the minute.

*****Not sure why there is a link on last season - i certainly didn't put anything in *****

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread