I Bloody Love Him Already! (2 Viewers)

SkyBlue_Bear83

I was thinking the same but then quickly realised he's on a 20k a week contract at Villa with us contributing I would say between 2-4k a week for the duration of the loan. Lets say he does great but Villa still don't want him and say he can leave for free surely there's no way he'd drop that significantly in earnings just for the love of football. I 100% believe he's a genuine man but can't see him being okay with losing out on potentially £200,000+ in wages.

I agree to an extent, although you'd have thought if he was sensible he would have 10's of millions in the bank and cash isn't that import at this stage.

lifeskyblue

Come on let's be honest. If I had 20k this week I wouldn't do essentially the same work for 4K next week. Why would Coke? Yes he might love the game but if someone paid him close to 20k for the love of the game he would take it. Surely he is not a fool.
The only way I think he would stay with us for a significant cut in wages would be if TM took him under his wing and mentored him in coaching and management

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

Come on let's be honest. If I had 20k this week I wouldn't do essentially the same work for 4K next week. Why would Coke? Yes he might love the game but if someone paid him close to 20k for the love of the game he would take it. Surely he is not a fool.
The only way I think he would stay with us for a significant cut in wages would be if TM took him under his wing and mentored him in coaching and management

Depends if that 20k a week is significant to you and how it will impact your life, if I had 30 million saved in a bank account then job satisfaction, happiness and stability would be more important to me.

I've never understood why top level footballers are so money orientated tbh, 200k a week or 150k a week over a 4 year contract. Its still probably more than they can ever spend in a lifetime.

lifeskyblue

Depends if that 20k a week is significant to you and how it will impact your life, if I had 30 million saved in a bank account then job satisfaction, happiness and stability would be more important to me.

I've never understood why top level footballers are so money orientated tbh, 200k a week or 150k a week over a 4 year contract. Its still probably more than they can ever spend in a lifetime.

Yes I agree but a player of the quality of Cole surely a) wants to play football and b) wants to play at the highest level he still can and c) wants to earn money for playing. I think we can fulfil a)....we are offering him a lifeline in his career. But I'm sure if he is successful then championship clubs will be sniffing around him. Even if the money isn't important (and I'm not convinced it isn't) I'm sure the prospect of league 1 isn't what he envisaged at the start of the season. If I was a premier league player on £20k a week the only reason I would come to ccfc would be because I'm a Coventry kid and I support the sky blues

chiefdave

clever people to help you invest it.

Hope he didn't go to Michael McIndoe for advice!

if I had 30 million saved in a bank account then job satisfaction, happiness and stability would be more important to me.

Spot on, if you've got 30m in the bank an extra £5m isn't really going to make much difference to you. At this stage of his career he may well have other priorities. Not like he's never won anything and needs to look for a move to get a medal or two before he retires.

higgs

He has only about 2-3 yrs of a career that he loves left he might aswell enjoy his footy wit us and get us back to the championship

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yes I agree but a player of the quality of Cole surely a) wants to play football and b) wants to play at the highest level he still can and c) wants to earn money for playing. I think we can fulfil a)....we are offering him a lifeline in his career. But I'm sure if he is successful then championship clubs will be sniffing around him. Even if the money isn't important (and I'm not convinced it isn't) I'm sure the prospect of league 1 isn't what he envisaged at the start of the season. If I was a premier league player on £20k a week the only reason I would come to ccfc would be because I'm a Coventry kid and I support the sky blues

Yea I agree, there is a lot of other non money related reasons of why he also may want to play for another club.

rob9872

Win a league 1 winners medal with us whilst he gets popular with fans and sorts form and fitness,then play for us in the championship next season - we'll keep Arma too B-)

Gazolba

it shows a lack of professionalism from Eagles by not keeping Mowbray informed.

If you are interviewing for a job, you never tell them you have applied elsewhere. Yes, he should have told TM after he signed for Bury, but news travels so fast, TM heard it elsewhere first.

Gazolba

It's the agents, not the footballers. And you'd be surprised how quickly enormous sums of money can disappear when you live an upscale lifestyle.

shmmeee

It's the agents, not the footballers. And you'd be surprised how quickly enormous sums of money can disappear when you live an upscale lifestyle.

Not quite the same but I imagine there are parallels. I remember reading about some members of that P1 gang in Cov that were in court and it turned out that they'd been renting different sports cars and spending money at strip clubs and the like. Burnt through hundreds of thousands with nothing to show for it. Easily done if you're young.

Was it George Best who said "I spent most of my money on drink, women and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."?

Captain Dart

If you are unsure how to do this take some tips from Michael McIndoe.

Users who are viewing this thread