I joined the Trust yesterday... (1 Viewer)

warwickcccfc

The Pompey model is what you need to make the SBT work and be anymore than a talking shop lacking teeth.

The £1 membership is all well and good, but to have some teeth you need 1000 people pumping in £10-£20k each to get the pot going.

Perhaps if the likes of Joe Elliott started off by doing this then maybe it may gather some steam. It would make up, in part, for his 'we're in safe hands' comment to describe SISU in April 2011 which was a disgraceful thing to stay and mislead the fans.

J

Jack Griffin

I thought it was a movement on the march under Natalie Cox. The SBT wouldn't be where it is today without people like Natalie who has laid the foundations for what it is today.

I don't want to diss Natalie, her heart is in the right place & she is a true supporter, but I thought it was since she stepped aside & let Jan & the other members of the SBT committee take the helm that it has gone from strength to strength.

warwickcccfc

Fair comment, just my opinion that her work should not go unnoticed. She is one of the faithful, and her loyalty to the cause should not be under estimated.

ashbyjan

Should point out that Natalie was indeed a driving force in the original trust but whilst I believe she is a member of the "new" Trust she is not on the board or indeed active in any other way within the Trust these days.

WillieStanley

Should point out that Natalie was indeed a driving force in the original trust but whilst I believe she is a member of the "new" Trust she is not on the board or indeed active in any other way within the Trust these days.

Jan, i've been trying to join and I believe my details have been saved. Slight problem though, in that the page won't display the form to make my payment for membership. I've tweeted the trust, but not recieved a reply yet - Any help?

Black6Osprey

Black6, we have to be realistic, it's not about taking over, as a trust it would be difficult if not impossible to raise the sort of capital needed on our own. We have to look at all eventualities and one of those could be the club goes into admin or even worse. We've a number of people looking at ways of raising capital through different means which would involve individuals, local business and large investors. This would mean coming up with a community share scheme for fans, looking for investment for local business then speaking to the usual suspects who have links with the large investors.
Seeing how we can link the three to make it a viable option.
Also we have built a good relationship with the parties involved to be able to sit down with them and talk about what is available.
It could fail, it might not be needed, but I think we should give it our best shot just in case we can do something positive.

Okay I hear you but MichaelCCFC states

the Trust's aims are to
• obtain an ownership stake in CCFC, giving supporters a direct say in the running of the Club and having at least one democratically elected Trust member on the CCFC Board – like at Swansea;• advocate financial stability for CCFC, with a business model based on avoiding unsustainable debt, and profits being reinvested directly in the Club;
• have City fans recognised as the lifeblood of the Club.

The first objective shows Swansea as the model and they have 20% stake which cost them the Trust £200k.

My question is valid. How are you planning to achieve your objective of a stake in the club?
Do you want it for free like SISU? Are you going to ask for it for the £1000 in members fees?
Do you know what you want as Jan stated on the radio the other day that you do want a stake?

Grendel

Surely the fact that even I've joined means there should be no one with a reason not too surely.

TurkeyTrot

the Trust's aims are to
• obtain an ownership stake in CCFC, giving supporters a direct say in the running of the Club and having at least one democratically elected Trust member on the CCFC Board – like at Swansea;• advocate financial stability for CCFC, with a business model based on avoiding unsustainable debt, and profits being reinvested directly in the Club;

The first objective shows Swansea as the model and they have 20% stake which cost them the Trust £200k.

My question is valid. How are you planning to achieve your objective of a stake in the club?
Do you want it for free like SISU? Are you going to ask for it for the £1000 in members fees?
Do you know what you want as Jan stated on the radio the other day that you do want a stake?

Lets be clear, the £1 membership fee will have nothing to do with trying to obtain a share in CCFC if we get the opportunity.
The model we're working on/ looking at is based upon the Pompey model as Jan stated. As I see it.
Ordinary fans buy a share at a cost of 1k.
(There are schemes that will help those that don't have that money knocking about)
We've also talked about 5 or 10 fans putting in £100 or £200 in each to buy a share between them.
Small business invest £5k, £10k, etc then we get the big investors involved who see it as an investment. ( this will include all the aims michael said)
The finer points need to be discussed and finalised but it's realistic and achievable.

ashbyjan

the Trust's aims are to

Its a totally valid question but until we see what, if anything, really emerges from the rubble of the dispute we have no idea what sort of model would be applicable. If it was liquidation then we would be looking at maybe a 100% fan owned club in Evostick Div 5 where we all stick in a £100 or if its admin can we team up with a few well to do local businessmen and along with them buy the club for say £2m. They put up £1.5m between then and the fans raise the other £0.5m for 25% of club - that 1000 fans at £500, not unimaginable. Or if price is higher and it was a major corporation coming in they may grant us 20% of shares at a discounted price to involve the fans in the ownership of the club. 1000 fans or fan groups at £1000 each giving a £1m for a 20% share again not impossible. What I am trying to say is that currently there is no concrete plan because there is no club in liquidation, in admin or even for sale so at present all we can do is explore the options and be ready if and when something does occur.

ashbyjan

Surely the fact that even I've joined means there should be no one with a reason not too surely.

I will personally track down that application and have it framed ;)

Welcome on board Grendel - like I have said to a few people don't ask why should I join the Trust by why shouldn't I join - worst case I lose a quid best case I join something that may just positively influence the future of the club I love.

WillieStanley

To be fair to Jan, he took a battering on this forum a few months ago and responded. The issue I had doesn't appear to be there anymore so membership is the least I could contribute!

oakey

I joined yesterday too. It seems like the only thing ordinary fans can do given all the decision making is out of our hands.:claping hands:

dilligaf

just tried to join using my debit card but I am unable to because I have a paypal account which i have never used ever.ah well £1 saved

SkyBlueSwiss

As I've said to others Grendel - we might often differ in our opinions on here, but we are in the final analysis all fans of CCFC and want to see them survive in whatever form, and to that end "The Trust Is".

Black6Osprey

we all jump up and down if Fisher/Council/ACL say one word out of place and everyone misinterprets it (or doesn't).

It's okay to want to play at Chairman of the Board but SBT leaders need to wise up a bit if they expect to be taken seriously by anyone other than themselves.

MichaelCCFC

we all jump up and down if Fisher/Council/ACL say one word out of place and everyone misinterprets it (or doesn't).

It's okay to want to play at Chairman of the Board but SBT leaders need to wise up a bit if they expect to be taken seriously by anyone other than themselves.

I think we've got 2 threads on the same theme now....so I'm posting here what I've just posted on the other one!

Jan's posts on this thread make the Trust's position crystal clear (btw, last week the Trust was being accused on twitter of being pro sisu)

I've been in involved in lots of different groups over the years but I have never seen anything like the increase in membership the Trust has had in the last 72 hours. Majority are local but it's also great seeing City fans from Cornwall to Inverness joining over the weekend. I think we've just gone through the 1,200 member mark.

Black6Osprey

I think we've got 2 threads on the same theme now....so I'm posting here what I've just posted on the other one!

Jan's posts on this thread make the Trust's position crystal clear (btw, last week the Trust was being accused on twitter of being pro sisu)

I don't think anything is crystal clear at all.

Other than you support CCFC and want better communication between the club and supporters, the rest is all a blur.

The Swansea model has been mentioned and in then same breath financial stability and not spending above your means. Swansea made an £8m loss getting promoted from the championship how does that work with your position?
Some of you claim you want a stake in the club like Swanseas 20% and some of you say you don't want to buy the club.
Four leading members on Tv because they are in the SBT give an opinion which you then say was a personal opinion and not the view of the SBT.
You are making SISU and the council look slick.

MichaelCCFC

I don't think anything is crystal clear at all.

Other than you support CCFC and want better communication between the club and supporters, the rest is all a blur.

The Swansea model has been mentioned and in then same breath financial stability and not spending above your means. Swansea made an £8m loss getting promoted from the championship how does that work with your position?
Some of you claim you want a stake in the club like Swanseas 20% and some of you say you don't want to buy the club.
Four leading members on Tv because they are in the SBT give an opinion which you then say was a personal opinion and not the view of the SBT.
You are making SISU and the council look slick.

Definitely got 2 threads duplicating stuff so I'll post something on the other one.

Users who are viewing this thread