I know the usual protaganitsts (1 Viewer)

Bob Latchford

Will defend any CCFC owners but , we've now been relegated from the premiership since 2001 . it is now 2016 . surely , we should be competing top 10 of the championship ? it just simply isn't good enough .

Bob Latchford

I never defended Richardson and never will.

Him and his crew are the reason we are where we are now, not SISU.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
I'm more concerned with CCFC competing again . don't really care who's to blame . it's a disgrace where we are and still are . nearly 16 years later ffs !

Bob Latchford

mrtrench

I've been working for over 30 years and I'm still not a millionaire. Surely, by now, I should own my own jet and private island?

Ian1779

Will defend any CCFC owners but , we've now been relegated from the premiership since 2001 . it is now 2016 . surely , we should be competing top 10 of the championship ? it just simply isn't good enough .

We left the Premiership at the absolute worst time... Right before the PL cash explosion and the ITV sport financial wipeout.

italiahorse

When we were at the top table we were living above our income. That's what gave us the debt that overstretched us after moving into the Ricoh. If we were there now we would be okay even without owning our own stadium.
I suspect when Sisu took over that's why they prioritised promotion over buying the stadium.
However once that failed they changed their strategy and under their mismanagement alone we dropped into league 1 which further forced that strategy.
I believe that once in league 1 they knew the football club could not provide enough clout to run the stadium profitably and the strategy became to obtain the stadium cheaply at ratepayers expense. Initially by withholding rent they thought they could obtain the loan and hence control cheaply but when that failed they escalated it by moving us out.
Once obtained they would then sell stadium and club at a profit and move on. A strategy which most CCFC fans will feel acceptable but in the wider world is frowned upon.
Wasps moving in stopped that plan dead.
When Sisu took over there was no debt. There was a chance to renegotiate the rental deal and other incomes into the club.
Since they took over it is solely their fault we find ourselves where we are.

Bob Latchford

We left the Premiership at the absolute worst time... Right before the PL cash explosion and the ITV sport financial wipeout.
I get that but , my point is , we should be making progress to be heading back to the top 10 of the championship by now . 16 years and no progress is far, far too long .

stupot07

I get that but , my point is , we should be making progress to be heading back to the top 10 of the championship by now . 16 years and no progress is far, far too long .
Why should we? We have us, Charlton, Bolton, Sheffield united and Bradford in our league, all have been in the PL, Portsmouth are in the league two, and have been in PL recently, then you have the championship

Derby, forest, Leeds, sheff weds, Newcastle, villa, Wigan, Fulham, qpr, Birmingham, wolves, Ipswich, Norwich reading, Cardiff, blackburn and even Barnsley have been in the PL

I've probably missed 1 or 2 out, but that's 23 clubs including us thah have played in the PL.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Kid

See where you're coming from but, SISU took charge, we were "Debt free" according to Ranson and through bad management we are now a struggling L1 side... and yes It is SISU's fault we're where we are today.

Sky Blue Kid

Why should we? We have us, Charlton, Bolton, Sheffield united and Bradford in our league, all have been in the PL, Portsmouth are in the league two, and have been in PL recently, then you have the championship

Derby, forest, Leeds, sheff weds, Newcastle, villa, Wigan, Fulham, qpr, Birmingham, wolves, Ipswich, Norwich reading, Cardiff, blackburn and even Barnsley have been in the PL

I've probably missed 1 or 2 out, but that's 23 clubs including us thah have played in the PL.

I could name another half a dozen at least off the top of my head that have played in the top division, but what does that prove? Northampton went from division 4 to the 1st division and back again in consecutive seasons, but it doesnt mean they should be in the top flight! Luton have been there too, but doesn't mean entitlement to the top flight either. ;)

JimmyHillsbeard

As it happens I agree that we should be doing better than we are but you post seems to suggest it's all about results rather than the way the club is run.

I don't remember you being all happiness and support last season when we were in the top 6 until Easter.

Chipfat

I took over a business a franchise with the same name, same area restrictions and same office location. If I fail it's great to know I can blame the last owner.

FFS, Sisu took over had a option to run the club within its means and have the same things Wasps have now. The decision made then have caused the situation now 8 years they have to take responsibility of decision they made.

skyblue1991

You can add Oldham, Swindon and Wimbledon to that list too.

Red John

That's bullshit and you know it, they may have started the rot but the fucking scum that own us now has more than added to the shit we now find ourselves in, I find it shocking that anybody can say they are not at least as responsible as previous owners, hang your head in shame mate.....

SkyBlueZack

When we were at the top table we were living above our income. That's what gave us the debt that overstretched us after moving into the Ricoh. If we were there now we would be okay even without owning our own stadium. The debt stretched us before we moved into the Ricoh, the reason why the council and then the Higgs got involved. We wouldn't be ok as if we got relegated and didn't go back up we would again have no access to revenues.

I suspect when Sisu took over that's why they prioritised promotion over buying the stadium.They were listening to Ranson, a football man. Something fans seem to think is better having in charge than a businessman.
However once that failed they changed their strategy and under their mismanagement alone we dropped into league 1 which further forced that strategy. Interesting one this, now I'm aware we were selling players, all clubs do though. All clubs can be relegated too, just ask Newcastle. It's just football. They weren't willing to plough money in so it was all a ruse to get relegated. People claim the CCC/CSF conspiracy is a bit far.
I believe that once in league 1 they knew the football club could not provide enough clout to run the stadium profitably and the strategy became to obtain the stadium cheaply at ratepayers expense. Initially by withholding rent they thought they could obtain the loan and hence control cheaply but when that failed they escalated it by moving us out. Ahhh here we have it again, you claiming the club couldn't run the Arena, eveidence for this? The club were bringing AEG in, worldwide events company. Already managing stadiums and arenas worldwide. What makes you think they couldn't do what Wasps have? At ratepayers expense? The loan was with YB, are the taxpayer funding them now too? Think the plan was obtain the stadium we had effectively already paid for via an over inflated rent.
Once obtained they would then sell stadium and club at a profit and move on. A strategy which most CCFC fans will feel acceptable but in the wider world is frowned upon. Frowned upon? Wasps acquired a stadium management company that had been distressed and moved a sporting team 90 miles to do so. So please do explain, how SISU are frowned upon for distressing, acquiring and selling an asset for profit. Yet Wasps have acquired a distressed company and moved a team 90 miles to do so. Yet you think they are great? They are now according to yourself, distressing the football club so to acquire and maybe sell for profit? Is this frowned upon? I'm struggling with all the double standards flying around.
Wasps moving in stopped that plan dead. Edit, the council giving a 250 year lease stopped that dead, now and in the future.
When Sisu took over there was no debt. There was a chance to renegotiate the rental deal and other incomes into the club. From what I remember there was still debt on the books, to Robinson and other directors I believe? Ranson was appealing to the fans by saying it as we had just been on the brink of administration. Call it PR if you will. There was a chance to renegotiate? Again do you have evidence of this? Or are you just thinking along the lines of the rest of us that this is what should have happened. Not necessarily meaning the option to renegogiate was available. Let's not forget, long before the rent dispute when asked how much matchday revenues would be to buy, we were quoted 24 million.
Since they took over it is solely their fault we find ourselves where we are. It is, after all they employ the directors and the managers to oversee and run the club. Some responsibility has to be put on previous owners for the mess we ended up in over the Ricoh. Some responsibility also has to go to CCC and Higgs for effectively ruining any future prospects out of spite against our current owners.

SkyBlueZack

If SISU weren't in charge, we would be. We're Coventry City FC, we were in the premiership for ages, we have a divine right. Something along them lines.

Nick

Administrator
If SISU weren't in charge, we would be. We're Coventry City FC, we were in the premiership for ages, we have a divine right. Something along them lines.
Not mentioning us having bottom 4 revenue in the championship I think it was...

Nick

Administrator
Why shouldn't we that should be the question.
Then people moan about the attendances because we have a top ten population.
Can't have it both ways.
Shit team shit attendances
Average team good attendanc
Great team sold out ......
That doesn't explain why we should be top 10 in the championship though does it?

Where is the money.coming from to compete at the top end of the championship

Bob Latchford

Why shouldn't we that should be the question.
Then people moan about the attendances because we have a top ten population.
Can't have it both ways.
Shit team shit attendances
Average team good attendanc
Great team sold out ......
I salute you Sir !

SkyBlueZack

How can we invest money we don't fucking have?

I was predicting what would be said. Personally I'm quite happy with being self sustainable. May I suggest you read my previous posts on the thread also, they all have a tinge of sarcasm in them.

Paxman II

I don't think any club has a divine right as some insist on saying but lets be fair a large City the size of Coventry and 34 years spent at the top table before our demise surely gives grace to the idea we belong there more than in league one?
We are not that much different to Leicester City in size and stature you might say and if anything probably a little bigger in stature and look where they are now and what they have achieved. A few years ago it was SISU weighing up another club of similar stature (Southampton) before buying us and look where they are.
We seemed to have pulled the short straw!

It will get better..its just been too long that most are beginning to forget or were not even born when we had the wee man at the helm and a certain Robbie Keane!

fernandopartridge

That's bullshit and you know it, they may have started the rot but the fucking scum that own us now has more than added to the shit we now find ourselves in, I find it shocking that anybody can say they are not at least as responsible as previous owners, hang your head in shame mate.....
You're wrong. Richardson and cronies sold our home and agreed with the council the ridiculous setup at the Ricoh that SISU inherited.

Richardson & co are ultimately to blame for the clubs position. They built up the massive debts, they sold the clubs stadium without a brick of the arena being laid. They then refused to write off debts from board members until it was only SISU left to takeover.

Sky Blue Kid

You're wrong. Richardson and cronies sold our home and agreed with the council the ridiculous setup at the Ricoh that SISU inherited.

Richardson & co are ultimately to blame for the clubs position. They built up the massive debts, they sold the clubs stadium without a brick of the arena being laid. They then refused to write off debts from board members until it was only SISU left to takeover.

You did see Sepalla and Co. with their arms twisted up their backs and beaten black and blue, and tortured into becoming owners of CCFC didn't you???

Users who are viewing this thread