I like Marlon King as a player for us, but it's all his fault. (1 Viewer)

• We were doing good until he got fit and started playing, im sure there's a way of looking at stats to prove this.
  • his wages must have pissed off the other lads
  • Boothroyd would have stuck his neck out to get him
  • did Ranson,SISU and even RICOH want the bad publicity that he brings
  • If AB promised king would do the buisness and then we dont do well then its ultimately his neck on the line
  • If RR is telling the truth then all above makes sense
I'm not stupid - i'm not blaming King for everything - but I certainly think hes a major negative factor " off the pitch "

Nick

Administrator
I agree with you to an extent but it isn't his fault as a person it might just be the situation.

Whenever he has been on the pitch he has been a class above and his work rate has been 110% every game!

If this is why the dressing room has been lost but on the pitch before the game all of the players seem to get on with King. They all give him a hug before they start etc.

Maybe they didn't like the favourites thing?

kevinleftpeg

I think the 'lost the dressing room' comment relates to the fact the Players could not cope with AB's style. It goes against everything players have been taught for the past 15 years or so. That in itself, says it all. As for King, he is quality as far as the Champoinship goes. He will always score goals given chances / service. Too expensive for us though, given the income streams we DONT have!

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Meh I dont think that is it at all... I think its just a coincidence.
Marlon scores enough and performs well.... just most of the time his goals never count because we have been conceeding too many!
Either way... even if your theory IS correct its irrelevant because we don't have another big hitting striker like Marlon and all of our goals at the start of the season were coming mostly from our midfield and other areas of the pitch.
Also he would never ever have joined the club if Ranson didnt want him too lets face it !

Last edited:

CovLis86

Yeah i have to say i disagree aswell. It seems to be a more coincidence than anything else. If he wasnt holding up the play, controlling our aimless long balls, and finishing off the few attacks we have had, i doubt we would even have that one win in 16. As stated, the players seem to get on with him just fine before game etc. Think the 'lost the dressing room' comments were definetely about the fact the players werent following Aidys words and dont believe he has them playing the way they all should be. That along with some odd substitutions, playing out of position etc.

What is it about Coventry managers that they always dont seem to know how to make substitutions?!

Coventry La La La

Thread Title: I like Marlon King as a player for us, but it's all his fault.

I'm not stupid - i'm not blaming King for everything

Don't get this post Marlon King has been the shining light in a below average squad injuries affected the whole squad further and the players that had to step up never delivered.

Pigeon

Marlon King has probs been one of the only players that I've enjoyed watching this season tbh. I do not blame him at all for anything this season. The team as a whole has let the manager down.

Don't get this post Marlon King has been the shining light in a below average squad injuries affected the whole squad further and the players that had to step up never delivered.

Yes sorry I messed up my message on this one - my emotions were running high and I was pissesd off at the time with what was/is going on - I have no problem with King i've stood and chanted his name at many away games and loved him.

I guess what i was trying to say was - AB promised Marlon was the man - he was - but we didn't hit the spot Ranson was promised.

Coventry La La La

Yes sorry I messed up my message on this one - my emotions were running high and I was pissesd off at the time with what was/is going on - I have no problem with King i've stood and chanted his name at many away games and loved him.

I guess what i was trying to say was - AB promised Marlon was the man - he was - but we didn't hit the spot Ranson was promised.

Thanks for clearing that up just seemed like a thread created to blame one player that has done nothing but put 100% into every game hes played in and im pritty sure given the correct service and a pre-season could easily be a 20 goal a season striker for another championship team because I can't see him staying now. :(

Jan

Any striker needs service, neither our wingers nor midfield provide it. Lukas works hard and started to develop an understanding then Marlon gets suspended. Yes lets get Westie and Aaron signed up pronto

Danny

just a quick one about marlons wages he actually is not the highest earner in the squad and he is on nowhere near 10grand a week this has come from Joe Elliots mouth and isn't marlon our leading goalscorer?

I don't blame King for the mess we are in but, if you spread his 100% workrate and goals over the 6 matches he has missed through his own stupidity, his return is not that good. For a man in the 'last chance saloon' he has not exactly behaved the way he should. All the talent in the world is useless when you are watching from the stands!

smileycov

Facebook User
I don't blame King for the mess we are in but, if you spread his 100% workrate and goals over the 6 matches he has missed through his own stupidity, his return is not that good. For a man in the 'last chance saloon' he has not exactly behaved the way he should. All the talent in the world is useless when you are watching from the stands!

Bit harsh, Ipswich sending off was a joke, not many people actually saw what happened against Bristol, but he was kicked and fouled all game. Doesn't take much these days to get sent off. He is still by far and above the best player at this club. If we had a 10-15 goal man alongside him, or better still in Midfield it would be great for next season. Sadly lack of money, and the fact he will be off makes that irrelevant.

CovLis86

I think its wrong to criticise his first sending off particularly. But even with the number of games he has sat out, he is still our top scorer? Says a lot to be honest. It is going to be a shame that he will leave this summer, unless theres a radical overhaul of the entire squad anyway by a new manager.

Users who are viewing this thread