I trust Mark Robins (1 Viewer)

Hutch11

Yeah a fuckin crying shame that all the new signings haven't come in and been fuckin brilliant

Samo

I think judgments are being made too quickly on here.
Yes the new strikers haven't performed as we had hoped but they may still come good and it's difficult to fairly assess them because, as we all know, our midfield is dysfunctional.
I would remind people that when Vic arrived he played like a man who had never seen a football, let alone kicked one!

Last edited:

Kingokings204

I trust mark robins, nothing ever has given me reason not too. We have just lost 2 games on the bounce for the first time in ages and in those 2 games we have 60% plus possession in both. 30 odd shots and 31 corners combined. It’s not his fault our strikers couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo. He can only set up to win the game and with a couple of decent in nick strikers we do imo.

It will come. I still have faith in the signings. Teams and players are allowed bad form. No one can say we haven’t had our chances and even in the draws earlier this season. We could have won most of them. Thats football.

Just to finish, name me a side where they lost their 2 best players and a play off final and stormed the league the next season. It’s totally unrealistic and fans have to accept last year we performed a miracle and miracles don’t happen every year.

I have this weird feeling with o hare back and a signing or two in jan we can still go on a major run.

mark82

I trust mark robins, nothing ever has given me reason not too. We have just lost 2 games on the bounce for the first time in ages and in those 2 games we have 60% plus possession in both. 30 odd shots and 31 corners combined. It’s not his fault our strikers couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo. He can only set up to win the game and with a couple of decent in nick strikers we do imo.

It will come. I still have faith in the signings. Teams and players are allowed bad form. No one can say we haven’t had our chances and even in the draws earlier this season. We could have won most of them. Thats football.
It's been the last 2 games really that have been below par, and even Bristol City we played well first half.

OffenhamSkyBlue

I think the inability to hit the target COULD be the manager's fault - maybe in the coaching set-up, or the type of training they do. Let's hope they start scoring soon, because no matter whose fault it is, the manager WILL get the blame .. and the boot!

fatso

I think judgments are being made too quickly on here.
Yes the new strikers haven't performed as we had hoped but they may still come good and it's difficult to fairly assess them because, as we all know, our midfield is dysfunctional.
I would remind people that when Vic arrived he played like a man who had never seen a football, let alone kicked one!
I admire your positivity, but holding out for Wright and Simms to come good is like me holding out for my lottery numbers to come up.

Our midfield is certainly not as good as it was when Hamer and O'hare were available, but they have created more than enough chances to win every game we've played so far. It's not converting those chances that's the biggest problem.

As for Vik, his work ethic pace and power were evident from the off, he took a while to find the net, but he always looked capable. (Remember the goal at Stoke)
I'm struggling to see that in Wright.
Simms is improving imo, but there's a long long way to go.

skybluecam

I admire your positivity, but holding out for Wright and Simms to come good is like me holding out for my lottery numbers to come up.

Our midfield is certainly not as good as it was when Hamer and O'hare were available, but they have created more than enough chances to win every game we've played so far. It's not converting those chances that's the biggest problem.

As for Vik, his work ethic pace and power were evident from the off, he took a while to find the net, but he always looked capable. (Remember the goal at Stoke)
I'm struggling to see that in Wright.
Simms is improving imo, but there's a long long way to go.
Don’t agree about Vik. I thought he looked decidedly average for the whole of his loan and signing him was a mistake.

skybluecam

Yep, he's been amazing and completely justified his fee. Jesus wept.
13 games in Vik had 1 goal and had just sat on the bench while Godden, Biamou and Bakayoko played ahead of him.

13 games in Wright has 2 and is still getting minutes.

Both poor, Wright better.

sotvtoday

This isn't just a run of bad results. Our season hasn't got started yet! That said, we are, bizarrely, only 5 points off 6th!
...and only 6 points above the relegation zone having performed abysmally against one of the teams in it. Still - don't want him out either, but you can take different positions using statistics.

JulianDarbyFTW

My opinion keeps changing like the wind, because in spells we look really good, and in others we look devoid of ideas. Probably that one creative midfielder (plus backup, ideally) away from actually being decent. My worry is that we'll keep stumbling and bumbling along until the January window, and then probably fail to get the player we need.

procdoc

My opinion keeps changing like the wind, because in spells we look really good, and in others we look devoid of ideas. Probably that one creative midfielder (plus backup, ideally) away from actually being decent. My worry is that we'll keep stumbling and bumbling along until the January window, and then probably fail to get the player we need.
Players don’t necessarily join on current league position, they join if they like the project and if they will be a major part of that project

Greggs

13 games in Vik had 1 goal and had just sat on the bench while Godden, Biamou and Bakayoko played ahead of him.

13 games in Wright has 2 and is still getting minutes.

Both poor, Wright better.
He cost 700% more than Vic. Something you struggle to comprehend.

Skybluedownunder

He’s turned it around each and every time we have had a bad run of results and/or performances. He will do it again, keep the faith

To be honest, what Mark Robins has done for this club I don’t think I will ever turn on him. He will always have my support.
Yes sometimes, he doesn’t make as many subs as I’d like or quickly enough in a game but overall, he’s a really likeable guy, he underrated as a manager and across the two stints he has had with us he has always delivered results. I honestly believe if he wouldn’t have left the first time we would have got promoted that season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread