I was there when..... (1 Viewer)

oscillatewildly

And radio 5 live or whatever it was at the time said they felt sorry for the 49 Coventry fans who had made the trip. You being one of course 👍
To be fair I counted 78 or so of us but that won't take into account those at the bar or toilet at the time of my count.
Rob Gurney had us on tape after the game as we hung around the players entrance giving various players our considered feedback, for broadcast on the following mornings Mercia match report.

skyblue1991

Did he take her up the deli aisle?
2f0c66987a6c31f0252f63cb881c5f9e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Happy_Martian

And radio 5 live or whatever it was at the time said they felt sorry for the 49 Coventry fans who had made the trip. You being one of course 👍

And me. And at least a few hundred more. Game was live on Sky so it was always going to get a low attendance. How do I know it was on Sky ? Another of my infamous "Spot the fat guy with the beard and keep showing him" moments. I was already going to get an Equity card for all the times I'd been on Match of the Day :)

But joking apart, the wonderful away trip to Blackburn was another 5 Live love-in with our opposition. Blackburn to go top for the first time in their history if they beat us. They were so condescending about us, Jonathon Pearce and whoever was co-commentating were discussing our red/white paint splash kit when Lee Hurst scored a scorcher to get us up to 2-1. "Oh, Coventry have scored" :sneaky: The game was recorded on videotape and available in the club shop. And even though there were 200-400 Cov fans, I appeared 5 times on that bloody video.... should have asked for royalties :p

CDK

I was there for the donkey kick and Hutchinson's debut along with Colin steins v man city in the 3-2 win.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I was there when their goalkeeper rolled the ball ready to launch it and Dion came jogging from behind him, took the ball and scored.

Gleneagles65

Bob lee scoring before 3 o’clock for Leicester in the 70s. That electronic scoreboard at Highfield Road was the envy of many.

torchomatic

It must have been a loud crack it happened in Nottingham.🤭

Nah, definitely HR. What struck me most was him waving at the crowd as he went off.

Nowadays there would be four medics and he'd be on oxygen. Lloyd had George Dalton.

Users who are viewing this thread