I wish it was just about football (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBri

At this time of the year we would usually be interested in who is going and who we may get, plus how well may we do in the new season.

Yet this year we may not even have a club to support all we can do is watch and speculate, this is doing my blood pressure no good at all.

Just look at the hurdles we need to cross before we can start a new season;

1. Ongoing court cases could take months.

2. Admin needs to resolve holdings/Ltd fiasco.

3. If LTD is the answer need to find owner for club/ agree ground.

4. If Holdings is the answer SISU need to agree where we play.

5. FL need answers to 3/4 before they can agree fixtures/ release Golden Share.

6. We need embargo lifted to bring in players.

I bet there are things I have missed, but all the above before the start of the new season seems to me a very tall order, what happens then?

Theging1987

Totally sick of it all, it's bad enough with the gradual decline of the football side now all this on top, it's just bullshit and should if never ever got to this stage, i still blame Richardson for all this mess. Just wished football was just about 22 players 3 officials and passionate fans, can't see that ever being the case again.

hamil99

Facebook User
Can u imagine supporting a team without the off-field problems? Would be bliss, wen thinking of your club, your only concern is who's staying and going, and which kids will push on from the under 18s. We will get there one day, hopefully in a better league aswell.

SkyblueBri

Can u imagine supporting a team without the off-field problems? Would be bliss, wen thinking of your club, your only concern is who's staying and going, and which kids will push on from the under 18s. We will get there one day, hopefully in a better league aswell.

We can but dream that one day this will be the case.

Sbarcher

Have a break - pop over to Sixfields tonight and watch CCFC 2nd XI. Will be nice to watch a game and not be passionate about the result.:D

Sub

the game has been completly ruined by SKY and the money that is being thrown at the game!!

Sbarcher

6500 in Sixfields and a great atmosphere, makes the Ricoh feel like a morgue. Cameron had a good game, O'Donovan never stopped running and Platt on the bench. That far bigger Bait is as wide as he's tall but had a great game. came away feeling well entertained and thinking only of football - a nice change.

Sbarcher

Bait = Bayo bloody predictive text.

hamil99

Facebook User
the game has been completly ruined by SKY and the money that is being thrown at the game!!

In a way I agree with you mate. But looking at countries like Germany, where there is no such thing as the debts that have arisen in our country. ( i presume that the tv money in Germany is not as large as in England, but still it cannot be far off what we receive. The probable truth is though, they get twice as much due to their superior business acumen ;) ) I believe under the correct guidelines and management a whole league ( from premier to conference, in Englands case) can work, as long as clubs stick to the rules, and the ones which don't get punished or kicked out accordingly.

In essence,THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE NEEDS TO SORT IT'S REGULATIONS OUT, SO COMPANYS LIKE SISU CAN'T OWN CLUBS, AND HUGE DEBTS AREN'T GIVEN THE CHANCE TO BE ACCUMULATED. Please look at other SUCCESSFUL leagues around the world and take note.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread