Iain Turner wants City stay (1 Viewer)

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
On loan 'keeper Iain Turner has said he wants to extend his loan at CCFC

From Coventry City MAD

Iain Turner, who made his second appearance for the Sky Blues at Millwall on Saturday on loan, has said that he would welcome a longer stay at Coventry City.

Speaking to the CT, Turner who is on a months loan from Everton, said: "I've not heard anything so I'm not sure what's going to happen but I want games at this stage of my career, I need games.

"Coventry is a good club, a big club and there are some great boys in the squad. We've got every chance of going up this season if we work hard and it would be nice to be part of that."

I always prefer us to play players who want to be here.

I think he would be a quality No. 2 to really challenge Kieren for the goalkeeper's jersey in a way he hasn't been since joining Cov, or a decent No 1.

Although I have one question: what happened to Danny Ireland? Is he still at Cov- he's certainly listed as our no. 13 in the last two match programmes...

CurryMonster

he is a good keeper but if he comes he isnt going to start really if westwood is still here

gouldberg

I think he would be a quality No. 2 to really challenge Kieren for the goalkeeper's jersey in a way he hasn't been since joining Cov, or a decent No 1.

Although I have one question: what happened to Danny Ireland? Is he still at Cov- he's certainly listed as our no. 13 in the last two match programmes...

I think i remember seeing somewhere in the CET that Ireland had gone home to see IF he could recover from an injury. The way it was worded didn't seem to promising but i suppose we are talking about a newspaper here. Quirke looks like he's one for the future though.

I just wonder since Ranson has links in with Chelsea if there may be a chance for a possible bid for Ross Turnbull, probably just on loan. If we were to lose Westwood he could certainly be an excellent replacement for the number 1 shirt. Maybe I'm reading into things a little too much but since Chelsea already have Cech and Hilario, Rhys Taylor away on loan picking up experiance, and since they seem to want Begovic, it looks like Turnbull's not in Chelsea's plans at all.

Hincha

The only negative i have for turner was he is still young and succumb to mistakes as he showed when he strayed out of his box for the second goal.

CovKingChris

Facebook User
Ireland has been out with illness for a while now and he is back in australia. but if westwood is one of the players to leave then Turner would be a great goalkeeper for us.

ccfc luke

I dont know if Turner is good enough to take the number 1 spot if westwood leaves.
If we do have to get rid of westwood then i think Aidy will buy in a new number 1 and keep turner as back up.

Users who are viewing this thread