If SISU won compensation... (1 Viewer)

KersleyDigs

....say the potential 'hundreds' of million mentioned in the CET, what would they do? Sell up and leave? Go for promotion? Would be interesting...

tom88

If we got hundred of millions and SISU invested it back in the team or sold it I would lick Joy out for a year

chiefdave

They would take their money back and bugger off at a guess. Getting ahead of ourselves here but could non-financial compensation be a possible ruling? For example if SISU argue they now need to fund a new stadium due to the actions of CCC rather than the judge awarding them say £60m to cover the cost of it could he make CCC pay for it directly. Would be a very obvious benefit to that as they couldn't run off with the money!

torchomatic

duffer

They would take their money back and bugger off at a guess. Getting ahead of ourselves here but could non-financial compensation be a possible ruling? For example if SISU argue they now need to fund a new stadium due to the actions of CCC rather than the judge awarding them say £60m to cover the cost of it could he make CCC pay for it directly. Would be a very obvious benefit to that as they couldn't run off with the money!

It's an interesting thought, but I doubt it could work this way. Maybe some sort of prior, out-of-court settlement might work along those lines prior to the case, but SISU are all about the money and nothing else I suspect.

I am utterly pissed-off by the council for how they handled the sale to Wasps, and I suspect there may be more things to come out here. However I also doubt that SISU are really doing this solely for the benefit of the club.

oldfiver

It's an interesting thought, but I doubt it could work this way. Maybe some sort of prior, out-of-court settlement might work along those lines prior to the case, but SISU are all about the money and nothing else I suspect.

I am utterly pissed-off by the council for how they handled the sale to Wasps, and I suspect there may be more things to come out here. However I also doubt that SISU are really doing this solely for the benefit of the club.

If it is a breach of European Law - I assume that has to be heard regardless of the financials between ACL/WASPS/SISU ?

hill83

No no no. You are doing it all wrong. You've got to pick a side and stick to it.

fernandopartridge

I made this point about the council's position as freeholder a number of times, good to see two judges see it too.
I can't see a big compensation payout mind you. Even if SISU win, they'd have to demonstrate considerable losses you'd imagine.

M&B Stand

No no no. You are doing it all wrong. You've got to pick a side and stick to it.

Is it actually okay to be on the side of the club (ie sisu on this occasion)?

I'm not sure I can handle the backlash, very sensitive me.

Bob Latchford

If they get 40 million + , there'll be sparks shooting of aunty Joy's stilettos and uncle Timmy's trainers, straight to the cayman islands... bye CCFC nice knowing ya.

skybluekelly98

In a way I'd love to see sisu win - with an actual compensation figure announced, we'd be able to judge them once and for all depending on how much they spent on squad etc.

skybluetony176

Talk of operation premier league or ownership of the Ricoh would be very premature. I'm sure the talk of hundreds of millions outside the court house was purposely said for effect. It's a judge that would set the compensation not SISU and I doubt they'd get 100% of any claim anyway.

I would think that the judge would not only set the amount in total but also what percentage goes to which of the interested parties.

My guess is whatever the club gets in this scenario will be used to pay off the ARVO/SISU debt and if we're lucky there will be some change, probably more likely we just won't be in as much debt. At which point we'll be on the market.

Here's the potential rub for me. What's the chances of us being homeless by then? Why would wasps be interested in a tenant who's just cost them more than earned them? Would you take up the 2 year option in their shoes?

Anybody who thinks it's a given that CCFC are going to come out of this smelling of roses just because CCC lose could be in for the shock.

To sum up. In less debt but homeless for real and SISU of into the sunset.

Last edited:

Raggs

If SISU are out, then Wasps probably wouldn't mind working with whoever takes over CCFC. If SISU stays in, after potentially costing Wasps a whack of cash, then there may be issues down the line,

SkyBlueSid

I have no doubt that in the (very unlikely) event of Sisu winning, say, £100m in compensation, you wouldn't see their arses for dust. The money would be in the Cayman Islands within seconds of hitting their account and the club would be abandoned without a second thought.

This has been their only exit plan for a long time - take the money and run. The consequences of that would be disastrous.

Esoterica

In a way I'd love to see sisu win - with an actual compensation figure announced, we'd be able to judge them once and for all depending on how much they spent on squad etc.

Well didn't they say that none of the legal costs were paid by CCFC? So I don't see why any of the compensation would go to the team.

Grendel

If SISU are out, then Wasps probably wouldn't mind working with whoever takes over CCFC. If SISU stays in, after potentially costing Wasps a whack of cash, then there may be issues down the line,

That's the wasps way - do as we tell you or we will fuck you over.

Manchester_sky_blue

I have no doubt that in the (very unlikely) event of Sisu winning, say, £100m in compensation, you wouldn't see their arses for dust. The money would be in the Cayman Islands within seconds of hitting their account and the club would be abandoned without a second thought.

This has been their only exit plan for a long time - take the money and run. The consequences of that would be disastrous.

Im not so sure that would be a bad thing. SISU and their determination to recoup their costs from us have been the barrier to anyone else taking over the club. If they got their money back via the courts and then legged it, that could pave the way for the club being sold, debt free, for a minimal token sum to someone else. Of course that doesn't solve our lack of a stadium issue but if we want SISU gone for good this may be the only way to achieve it.

I am generally of the opinion though that they wont win anything substantial from the legal action so its a moot point.

rightumpty

....say the potential 'hundreds' of million mentioned in the CET, what would they do? Sell up and leave? Go for promotion? Would be interesting...
GO FOR PROMOTION ?????
Are you serious. SISU are not interested in the football club only what it offers them not you.

SkyBlueSid

Im not so sure that would be a bad thing. SISU and their determination to recoup their costs from us have been the barrier to anyone else taking over the club. If they got their money back via the courts and then legged it, that could pave the way for the club being sold, debt free, for a minimal token sum to someone else. Of course that doesn't solve our lack of a stadium issue but if we want SISU gone for good this may be the only way to achieve it.

I am generally of the opinion though that they wont win anything substantial from the legal action so its a moot point.

I agree on both counts. In that scenario they could sell to the first person to knock on the door, or at least they could if they had a door! With costs covered and a club with minimal assets they would be off like a shot. Hoffman and his £1 coin? I suspect that a new owner would soon strike a new deal to continue at the Ricoh for the foreseeable.

As you say, though, a moot point as I don't believe they will get much, if anything, from the action. Except the prospect of a huge legal bill if they fail again.

dongonzalos

Even if a judge in the future found in SISU's favour. If the judge felt that SISU's own behaviour contributed in anyway to creating the situation. The judge does not have to provide any remedy.

Hobo

This is one of the great IF threads.

My recent favourite was, "if Coventry get promoted this season how do you think we would do in the Championship." This is after TM had cleared out last years deadwood, but before he had even made a signing this year. It is not even as if we are on the verge of making the play offs.

I know forums are for kicking ideas around but that is tea leaves and crystal ball stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread