If Swindon are bringing 3000... (1 Viewer)

theferret

...and after last night's result, we could have a bumper gate (relatively speaking) at the weekend.

Ideal opportunity for us to put an end to our shocking home form in front of a decent turnout. A win and we are right back in it.

Thatd bad news. Every single time we get a decent crowd, we f*ck up, and we get a bunch of glory hunters trying to soak up the glory who abandon the lads the second we conceed, so i'd much prefer top keep the real fans in and keep the fake fans out

Ashdown1

So Swindon are bringing 3000................that's jumped up by another 1000 in 2 days !!! Keep up the good work Mr Ferret !!:p

Thatd bad news. Every single time we get a decent crowd, we f*ck up, and we get a bunch of glory hunters trying to soak up the glory who abandon the lads the second we conceed, so i'd much prefer top keep the real fans in and keep the fake fans out

Give it a rest fella, if people want to pick and chose games then thats their choice, personally I don't give a shit how many games people attend or how often as long as they support the City as much as they can, the glory hunters are the Man United and Liverpool supporters we all have to live and work with. PUSB

theferret

So Swindon are bringing 3000................that's jumped up by another 1000 in 2 days !!! Keep up the good work Mr Ferret !!:p

Just going by a post I read on another forum. Haven't bothered to check like.

Big day out for them, expect jester hats and balloons.

NActon

Hi I'm new to this site and not sure if i can sell tickets here? But i have 4 Hospitality tickets and a free parking pass to the Swindon game 2nd March. I bid for these in a Promise Auction a while ago and now i have them they have unfortunatley clashed with a Fund Raising Event that iam holding for my son so i can't go !!:(

There is no food included but access to the bar / restaurant and also access to see the presentation of Man of the Match.

Private message me if interested.

Thanks

SOLD !!!

Last edited:
Give it a rest fella, if people want to pick and chose games then thats their choice, personally I don't give a shit how many games people attend or how often as long as they support the City as much as they can, the glory hunters are the Man United and Liverpool supporters we all have to live and work with. PUSB

I'm talking about fans that only go when We're winning. A proper fans goes to games whether we're winning or losing. I hate fans like that. They dont know the songs, they leave early and that affects the players

coundonskyblue

<p>
I'm talking about fans that only go when We're winning. A proper fans goes to games whether we're winning or losing. I hate fans like that. They dont know the songs, they leave early and that affects the players

Are the 3k Swindon fans not proper fans as that's a lot more than they used to get?

What about our higher away followings this year, are they not proper fans?

TheSnoz

Liam may get over enthusiastic at times (very young lad?) but I like his passion for his club. He has a point. We have too many stayaway fans who cite all the reasons under the sun why they aren't there, helping the team when they most need it. I'm talking about the local fans, not Brighton or Cumbria etc, who CHOOSE not to go. One word for them - Useless. And the fans that do go ARE better fans than the ones who CHOOSE not to go. If more fans turned up we'd have a better team. Financial Fair Play ruling will have a big impact. Good on you Liam, keep that passion for your team. Shame a few more on here don't share it.

Monkeyface

People keep saying this, and I accept that over recent years we have a record of this, but this year we have only had one decent crowd at home, yet lost 7. So I don't think we can blame the casual supporter this time.

Snozz_is_god

spot on scoop!

Ashdown1

The pubs and restaurants are empty most of the time, the shops are closing down in droves, disposable income is dropping for many as the cost of living rises, 30% of the nations people will not be able to afford to take a holiday at all this year, Energy bills are due to rise again, millions in part time work only.....................................Is it any wonder people are not flocking to football grounds outside of the Premiership ?

fernandopartridge

Liam may get over enthusiastic at times (very young lad?) but I like his passion for his club. He has a point. We have too many stayaway fans who cite all the reasons under the sun why they aren't there, helping the team when they most need it. I'm talking about the local fans, not Brighton or Cumbria etc, who CHOOSE not to go. One word for them - Useless. And the fans that do go ARE better fans than the ones who CHOOSE not to go. If more fans turned up we'd have a better team. Financial Fair Play ruling will have a big impact. Good on you Liam, keep that passion for your team. Shame a few more on here don't share it.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

fernandopartridge

The pubs and restaurants are empty most of the time, the shops are closing down in droves, disposable income is dropping for many as the cost of living rises, 30% of the nations people will not be able to afford to take a holiday at all this year, Energy bills are due to rise again, millions in part time work only.....................................Is it any wonder people are not flocking to football grounds outside of the Premiership ?

Even then, there isn't the waiting list for tickets at big clubs there once was.

Teams like Arsenal, Utd and Chelsea are attracting support from the middle classes and those with greater disposable income. The working man's game has been sold to them by the footballing authorities and Joe Average has been priced out of it.

Nick

Administrator

Again, if it was about the price then Burton, Preston and Sheff Utd would have been a sellout wouldn't it? It was only a fiver the same as the Crewe game but without the promise of a Wembley ticket?

Stupid and repetitive debate.

If thats how you feel then does that mean you would not want the crowd to increase if we get promoted to the prem and therefore be stuck on a League 1 budget.

Ashdown1

Again, if it was about the price then Burton, Preston and Sheff Utd would have been a sellout wouldn't it? It was only a fiver the same as the Crewe game but without the promise of a Wembley ticket?

Its not all about the price of match tickets no but when you factor in the cost of living and diminishing income for many you can see why a lot of people pick and choose their games. The Crewe crowd was a freak anyway, driven by fanpower in the media and on forums such as this........... and a huge rolling bandwagon of people wanting to experience the stadium at its best.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Even then, there isn't the waiting list for tickets at big clubs there once was.

Teams like Arsenal, Utd and Chelsea are attracting support from the middle classes and those with greater disposable income. The working man's game has been sold to them by the footballing authorities and Joe Average has been priced out of it.

Can't think of 2 better examples of clubs followed by "Joe Average" from deprived working class areas as last nights FA Cup replay.....

Everton v Oldham....Live on Free TV....Attendance of 33K......just saying......:whistle:

Sorry this is utter tripe, just my humble opinion.............

fernandopartridge

Can't think of 2 better examples of clubs followed by "Joe Average" from deprived working class areas as last nights FA Cup replay.....

Everton v Oldham....Live on Free TV....Attendance of 33K......just saying......:whistle:

It's a 5th round cup tie, from Oldham's perspective it is a big game and a decent away trip. Have you got any other comments?

Ashdown1

Good numbers but they did reduce prices to £20 for adults and £5 for kids !!

covcity4life

so why berate them when they CHOOSE to come back and start following????????

LB87ccfc

Swindon bring 3,000 has someone been smoking something?? they get average 8k at home, not a cat in hells chance bring 3,000, be suprised if they bring 1200.

SBS

I think the main concern regarding our home form is that if we sneak into the play offs, we haven't drawn in the crowds we needed to.

Say our home and away form were the other way round, you'd probably get more going up because the chances of the casual supporter seeing a win are greater. Attendances are about 6/7k down on last year. We haven't put together a decent run together to attract them back, get them hooked and see them again next season. If we go up, we will have to win a few at home, but will all these people come flocking back? My worry is that they've found better things to do on a Saturday.

I understand the financial pressures. If anyone watched Inside Out the other night, you'd have seen that a ticket for the Bundesliga is half the price of a Cov ticket. Football needs sorting out in this country. Grassroots football, the lower leagues and the supporters are getting shafted by 'The best league in the world'

Joy Division

zzzzzzz, another excuse. Useless stayaway fans.

Should you not be encouraging those fans who stay away to come and support the team? Calling them useless and other discourteous names to fellow supporters makes you just as bad.

TheSnoz

JoyDivision, I don't post much. Have a look at my other comments on this topic. All the time I'm calling for the stayaway fans to support their team. They don't. Sick to death of people coming up with reasons why not - and then telling everybody what loyal supporters they are - while sat at home. Fans who watch the game on Sky - the CitytilIfeellikeachange posters on here. And then criticising the club for not doing this, not doing that. The sick notes could make such a difference. Support should be unconditional. My mantra is always - more fans - more money - better players - better team. To coin a phrase you'll probably be familiar with 'Sky Blue love won't tear them apart.'
As I said, naff fans, but wish they were here.

TheSnoz

Fernando - you dickhead. Can't you read? Here is its for you again, try it nice and slowly.

"I'm talking about the local fans, not Brighton or Cumbria etc, who CHOOSE not to go."

Users who are viewing this thread