If the potential new owners browsed this forum tonight..... (1 Viewer)

Grendel

At least they would know the price of failure.

Fine to have their children abused at school
Fine to have heaps of verbal manure thrown on their head
Fine to be accused if being arrogant and a drunk
Not fine to raise one finger in protest

Seems tonight some really have plunged below the depths.

Lets hope they don't look on here or they will be looking elsewhere tomorrow.

Paxman II

The world has gone completely mad Grendel....perhaps we should be saying "now for something completely different!"
As for Coventry City? Well it was just a flesh wound and although the guard was down to just a head and still defiant reminds me of what's going on and how comical it all is.

mark82

Agree. Some of what was said earlier was disgusting and has no place in society let alone this forum.

Nonleagueherewecome

Agree. Some of what was said earlier was disgusting and has no place in society let alone this forum.

But it wasn't said earlier, was it? It was said months ago and then raised by a poster tonight to justify Fisher's actions. A frenzy of moral outrage created by itself. This place is like the Daily Mail's letters page sometimes.

skybluesam66

I think they would appreciate the passion- how much this football club means to people

A forum will not necessarily stir peoples true intentions, just the depth of their feelings
If you could buy a business with such strong loyalty to it, you certainly wouldnt run away(subject to being able to make a business out of it)

quinn1971

Some comments have gone a bit too far but there are alot of angry fans out there who care alot about their club being ripped apart.The way its being run is a disgrace.id be more worried if they looked on here and and nothing was being said. I think after these fans forums its going to get alot worse.sisu aren't backing down . Unfortunately for fisher he gets the brunt of the anger.i just hope this morning goes peacefully.and to all who are going to protest today and tomorrow be proud of what you are doing, time to stand up for our club and fight ( not literally) . Pusb.

olderskyblue

I can see where you're coming from with this Grendel, but....it's mostly bollocks isn't it?

I would expect any owners of a football club to know that their audience are, by and large, football fans, and therefore would also know the level of abuse they will face if they get it wrong. It goes with this particular territory.

And to suggest that reading this forum would put them off is frankly, ludicrous.

I mean, if they look back over your posts, they would see someone who abuses other posters who disagree with them, yet I expect face to face you wouldn't do that. It's the nature of forums mate. I thought you of all people would get that at least?

The school bit was, and is, out of order completely of course, but maybe the many many posts condemning that remark would offer a different view on it anyway. Giving the owners/players/opposition/refs verbals is standard fare on here, and if you listen to PF's interview, you may understand why some asked if he was drunk. Others called it passion.... Again, standard fare for a forum.

The finger wagging? I wasn't there, so cannot comment on how threatening that incident was, but I imagine Brinner doesn't need counselling resulting from it, but I read it as an instant reaction from someone who is passionate (or drunk) about the sky blues. ;)

Other than all that, good post mate :whistle:

lordsummerisle

But it wasn't said earlier, was it? It was said months ago and then raised by a poster tonight to justify Fisher's actions. A frenzy of moral outrage created by itself. This place is like the Daily Mail's letters page sometimes.

Sometimes you're okay, but reading and comprehension often gets the better of you.

What actions by Fisher need to be justified? Did he call a fan a scruffy c**t and a prick?

No, he wagged a finger at one.

If you're looking for fake moral outrage then there it is in responses to a wagged finger.

Noggin

You are shit stirring and talking pure nonsense as usual.

It's not in anyway fine for Fishers Children to be abused at school, 1 or 2 idiots say they supported protesting outside the school and everyone disagreed with them strongly. I believe I can speak for over 99% of Coventry fans on this forum and elsewhere when I say it is not acceptable for Tim Fishers, Wife, Children or Pets to be subjected to any abuse whatsoever physical or verbal. I also believe you know this and know this is what the vast vast majority believe, but you post that this forum thinks it's fine to abuse children at school. Bollocks absolute bollocks, I'm sorry thats not more eloquent but frankly it's more than you deserve.

While it's not the best way to go about things Fisher and SISU really have earnt some verbal abuse, other than slowly killing our club they now have a plan to run a dagger into our heart, he has manipulated the media and lied to and misled the fans. It's very easy to beat his arguments with facts yet many people will still believe his version of events due to the platform he has to push his rubbish. People feel helpless and so some resort to insults, not big, not clever, but something it's hard not to fall into occasionally, and something you are very guilty of yourself.

Was that one persons comment months ago about Paul Fletcher that Torch brought up? whatever it was it's hardly horrific and I saw worse insults from you yourself to people yesterday. Hypocrite.

No one things protesting is wrong, many believe its pointless especially if it isn't a well organised and published protest. If SISU really are planning to move us to walsall despite all the facts against it and despite all the opposition against it then it's clear they don't give a damn what we think so protesting is unlikely to help. If a large organised, well publicized protest is arranged I'll go along but do I think it will do anything? not in the slightest.

Edit - Think I might have misunderstood your point here, referring to Fisher and Brinner? I think it's absolutely fair for Fisher to criticise someone who sends him abusive texts but he needs to be 100% sure he is talking to the right person, while brinner has said a few abusive things on here thats very very different to doing it by text.

There is a few people on both sides that really are a disgrace to the forum, you are absolutely right, are you totally convinced you aren't one of them? Shout down the idiots when they post things like protesting outside a school, don't start a thread suggesting it's somehow something the forum condones because it's not and you know that full well.

Last edited:

theferret

Sometimes you're okay, but reading and comprehension often gets the better of you.

What actions by Fisher need to be justified? Did he call a fan a scruffy c**t and a prick?

If you're looking for fake moral outrage then there it is in responses to a wagged finger.

Indeed. Some of the most angry, judgemental, reactionary and vitriolic people on here now now bleating on about 'moral outrage' because a few people reacted angrily to some pretty awful comments (whether they are fresh comments or date back a while - it hardly matters); the irony of it is unbelievable.

I look forward the absence of outrage when TF makes his next press statement.

Sky Blue Dal

I agree with you ... Behaving like this will portray the sky blue fans as thugs. Yes you can be vocal but behave professionally

It's ok to have a go at Fisher (within reason) but leave his family alone if what is said is true ... This is way out of order.

Colin1883

I agree with you ... Behaving like this will portray the sky blue fans as thugs. Yes you can be vocal but behave professionally

It's ok to have a go at Fisher (within reason) but leave his family alone if what is said is true ... This is way out of order.

It was one person who posted that rubbish, everybody who replied to it called him a fool (paraphrasing).

Nick

Administrator
It was one person who posted that rubbish, everybody who replied to it called him a fool (paraphrasing).

Yep, if they read the thread properly they would see there was 1 person probably on the wind up and the rest not agreeing (to put it politely).

Buster

Any prospective buyer reading these posts would be struck bu the amount of emotion SISU and its employees have stirred up. Apart from the isolated few hate posts I think that the majority have been intelligent and well considered. There will always be the odd person, or people that will go over the top sometimes ridiculously.

I seem to remember not long back when Andy Thorn was in his early days as a Manager certain people on here sunk to personal abuse about his drinking and eating habits nothing to do with his managerial capabilities. We all make mistakes!

Nonleagueherewecome

Whatever the nature of the argument between Fisher and Brinner, the majority of the moral outrage on here in the last 24 hours has been about a post from several months ago. It might have actually been you that started this sorry episode by referring to it. Yet people are now, thanks to the logic that was used to invoke that old post, saying that Fisher can say and do what he likes justifiably. People are acting as if some new insulting behaviour has been directed Fisher's way: aside from the texts Brinner claims Fisher has got, he hasn't. Nobody in the last 24 hours, such that we are aware, has threatened Fisher's children. Yet the forum is flooded with people saying how out of order it is, and that Fisher's actions are justified, because someone has threatened his children.

I haven't mis-read anything, so there is no need for the patronising comment. I'm just capable of seeing an avalanche of illogical irrelevance when I see it. I assumed you were too, but you seem to prefer shit-stirring and defending the very people who don't deserve it.

My right-wing tabloid analogy is utterly appropriate: something happens, somebody posts an utterly irrelevant justification for it happening, people get obsessed with the nature of the justification rather than what has just happened. It's enough to shatter your faith in the human intellect :facepalm:

Last edited:

lordsummerisle

Whatever the nature of the argument between Fisher and Brinner, the majority of the moral outrage on here in the last 24 hours has been about a post from several months ago. It might have actually been you that started this sorry episode by referring to it. Yet people are now, thanks to the logic that was used to invoke that old post, saying that Fisher can say and do what he likes justifiably. People are acting as if some new insulting behaviour has been directed Fisher's way: aside from the texts Brinner claims Fisher has got, he hasn't. Nobody in the last 24 hours, such that we are aware, has threatened Fisher's children. Yet the forum is flooded with people saying how out of order it is, and that Fisher's actions are justified, because someone has threatened his children.

I have mis-read anything, so there is no need for the patronising comment. I'm just capable of seeing an avalanche of illogical irrelevance when I see it. I assumed you were too, but you seem to prefer shit-stirring and defending the very people who don't deserve it.

My right-wing tabloid analogy is utterly appropriate: something happens, somebody posts an utterly irrelevant justification for it happening, people get obsessed with the nature of the justification rather than what has just happened. It's enough to shatter your faith in the human intellect :facepalm:

How many times does it have to be pointed out to you that CJParker last night was advocating protesting against Sisu and Fisher through his kids?

You see what I mean about reading and comprehension?

Weren't you suggesting that Brinner should go to the press with his "wagged finger" story? Somebody else even suggested legal action!

That's artificial moral outrage.

simple_simon

I think a potential investor would read that Coventry fand are generall all talk and no action.

We sit on our Arses and leave it to a few.

wingy

And this is all a sorry Diversion from reality ,reality nothing has or will happen to anyone from SISU or their families,its rhetoric just like from Fisher about ACL ,or moving the Club .We have posters on here who are SCG members ,why not ask them to Relay information from last nights meeting which was a long one ,surely we deserve the information they have .there was a meeting last night and very little has been discussed what came of it just a thread destroyed by petty name calling and distraction.maybe this is where the diateribe should have been discussed.

Nonleagueherewecome

How many times does it have to be pointed out to you that CJParker last night was advocating protesting against Sisu and Fisher through his kids?

You see what I mean about reading and comprehension?

Weren't you suggesting that Brinner should go to the press with his "wagged finger" story? Somebody else even suggested legal action!

That's artificial moral outrage.

Well that's the first that I've read: this thread is the only one I've been on since the early hours. And there you go again with the patronising comments: like to Lord it over people who you don't agree with, don't you?

CJ said it in response to it having already been raised; there was plenty of moral outrage already by then and it was being used to justify Fisher's actions. Pretty sure that Fisher doesn't have a time machine, so his actions can't become justified due to something that was said afterwards! Even if he did, is it OK to tar every CCFC fan with the same brush? Pretty much everyone condemns the notion of threatening Fisher's kids.

As for what was said/done to Brinner-he didn't really go into any details about what happened. A few other people who saw it said it was "bang out of order", but as I wasn't there, I can't judge (only omnipresent God-like beings like you can do that). If Fisher is going around unjustifiably giving grief and being aggressive to CCFC supporters, yes, it is something worth mentioning to the press IMO.

lordsummerisle

Well that's the first that I've read: this thread is the only one I've been on since the early hours. And there you go again with the patronising comments: like to Lord it over people who you don't agree with, don't you?

CJ said it in response to it having already been raised; there was plenty of moral outrage already by then and it was being used to justify Fisher's actions. Pretty sure that Fisher doesn't have a time machine, so his actions can't become justified due to something that was said afterwards! Even if he did, is it OK to tar every CCFC fan with the same brush? Pretty much everyone condemns the notion of threatening Fisher's kids.

As for what was said/done to Brinner-he didn't really go into any details about what happened. A few other people who saw it said it was "bang out of order", but as I wasn't there, I can't judge (only omnipresent God-like beings like you can do that). If Fisher is going around unjustifiably giving grief and being aggressive to CCFC supporters, yes, it is something worth mentioning to the press IMO.

I merely pointed out that the outrage from Brinner and others over a wagged finger and being accused of sending abusive text messages a bit rich coming from somebody who had said this about him on the forum:

"now go pay the rent and sign Goldie, Bailey and Adams you fat ugly c**t!!"

"shame we cant line up seppala, igwe, doolally and fisher and stone the bastards to death."

"that unprofessional prick fisher swanning around the ricoh "

"fisher should fuck off aswell"

Can understand why Fisher may have suspected Brinner, even though he was probably wrong about it, no reason why Brinner couldn't have taken it on the chin like a man.

Dish out abuse such as the above, then not be able to take a wagged finger and an(understandable reading Brinners history of abuse) accusation?

All a bit wet really crying to a forum about it.

dekker

I merely pointed out that the outrage from Brinner and others over a wagged finger and being accused of sending abusive text messages a bit rich coming from somebody who had said this about him on the forum:

"now go pay the rent and sign Goldie, Bailey and Adams you fat ugly c**t!!"

"shame we cant line up seppala, igwe, doolally and fisher and stone the bastards to death."

"that unprofessional prick fisher swanning around the ricoh "

"fisher should fuck off aswell"

Can understand why Fisher may have suspected Brinner, even though he was probably wrong about it, no reason why Brinner couldn't have taken it on the chin like a man.

Dish out abuse such as the above, then not be able to take a wagged finger and an(understandable reading Brinners history of abuse) accusation?

All a bit wet really crying to a forum about it.

you really are something else aren't you.

the only wet one round here is you.

and no i don't wanna get into some pathetic he said / she said argument that you seem to relish in...you carry on defending fisher..it's self-evident to all exactly what you're all about.

Nick

Administrator

and no i don't wanna get into some pathetic he said / she said argument that you seem to relish in...you carry on defending fisher..it's self-evident to all exactly what you're all about.

I am not sure why that would make him wet? Nobody is saying anywhere Fisher is a saint, just that getting personal won't prove / achieve anything will it?

lordsummerisle

Sisu rent boy trying to undermine the arguments against Sisu and Fisher are you?

An Agent Provocateur if I've ever seen one(and I'm not talking about your underwear).

dekker

I am not sure why that would make him wet? Nobody is saying anywhere Fisher is a saint, just that getting personal won't prove / achieve anything will it?

because it appears to me that all summerisle wants to do is float around the forum like some self-appointed arbiter of the moral high ground and pick fault with anyone who shows any passion...and anyone daring to suggest any course of action against sisu immediately brings him out of the woodwork to explain why their ideas are 'wrong'....

seriously - he's gone to the trouble of looking up nonleagues past posts just to prove a point!!! :jerkit:

he's a troll....nothing more...he's derailing threads all over the place with his apathetic bleating.

we should be doin all we can to get sisu out...and that, right now, means fisher in the first instance...but all summerisle wants to do is tell everyone that every idea they have is incorrect, poor behaviour, may put potential investors off, is useless and just generally saying we should do nothing and accept our 'fate'.

it's cringeworthy and i'm embarrased for him frankly.

dekker

Sisu rent boy trying to undermine the arguments against Sisu and Fisher are you?

An Agent Provocateur if I've ever seen one(and I'm not talking about your underwear).

:claping hands:

see??

anyone passionate = agent provocateur

this isn't a court of law....those who behave impeccably aren't going to win a fairplay medal...

in 18 months time when cov have ceased to exist you can at least comfort yourself in the knowledge that you claimed the moral high ground.

lordsummerisle

because it appears to me that all summerisle wants to do is float around the forum like some self-appointed arbiter of the moral high ground and pick fault with anyone who shows any passion...and anyone daring to suggest any course of action against sisu immediately brings him out of the woodwork to explain why their ideas are 'wrong'....

seriously - he's gone to the trouble of looking up nonleagues past posts just to prove a point!!! :jerkit:

he's a troll....nothing more...he's derailing threads all over the place with his apathetic bleating.

we should be doin all we can to get sisu out...and that, right now, means fisher in the first instance...but all summerisle wants to do is tell everyone that every idea they have is incorrect, poor behaviour, may put potential investors off, is useless and just generally saying we should do nothing and accept our 'fate'.

it's cringeworthy and i'm embarrased for him frankly.

Was Brinners posts(because it was relevant), reading and comprehension a struggle for you too?

Get back to your mistress in Mayfair and tell her that trying to turn all Cov fans into wankers hasn't worked and she'd best try another tack.

lordsummerisle

in 18 months time when cov have ceased to exist you can at least comfort yourself in the knowledge that you claimed the moral high ground.

And you can console yourself stood outside a school with a Sisu Out banner, thinking "If only more had turned up to picket Fishers kids school then Sisu would be gone and we'd be in the Premier League now".

Knob.

dekker

Was Brinners posts(because it was relevant), reading and comprehension a struggle for you too?

Get back to your mistress in Mayfair and tell her that trying to turn all Cov fans into wankers hasn't worked and she'd best try another tack.

seems to have worked on you.

:jerkit:

is it too much for you to get your head round the concept that there is no 'right' and 'wrong' in this anymore?? just us vs them...and any ammunition that fishface wants to give us should be loaded up and shot regardless of any level of hypocrisy...

so if he wants to get in a cov fans face and act like a tit we should be letting the media know....not bleat on about 'well he's been called some nasty names on here so fairs fair'....

capiche?

dekker

And you can console yourself stood outside a school with a Sisu Out banner, thinking "If only more had turned up to picket Fishers kids school then Sisu would be gone and we'd be in the Premier League now".

Knob.

twisting my words yet again......continually....i've stated on several occaisions that was a flippant remark in reaction to you nay-saying every idea posted up to turn the screws on sisu - 'whinge bleat emails won't work whinge bleat don't target sisu investments whinge bleat'...you know this...but if you enjoy continually bringin up the school comment then crack on....experienced forum users can see exactly what game you're playing.

to paraphrase some tory scumbag or other - 'being trolled by you is like being savaged by a dead sheep'

lordsummerisle

so if he wants to get in a cov fans face and act like a tit we should be letting the media know....not bleat on about 'well he's been called some nasty names on here so fairs fair'....

capiche?

If the press getting the story then looked at what Brinner had said on here, it would just be Cov Fans looking like tits in the media.

If I'd called Fisher a c**t on here, and he asked me "Did you call me a c**t?", I'd say "Yes, I think you're a c**t" and if he called me a c**t back then would accept it.

Making our fans out to be hypocritical crybabies in the media hardly going to help the cause is it?

Mucca Mad Boys

see??

anyone passionate = agent provocateur

this isn't a court of law....those who behave impeccably aren't going to win a fairplay medal...

[Bin 18 months time when cov have ceased to exist you can at least comfort yourself in the knowledge that you claimed the moral high ground.[/b]

How would protesting at Fisher's kids' school stop this from happening if it did?!

I do find it ironic how everyone was taking the moral high ground AND ACL's side on the rent issue, now some of those same people are condoning this, has anyone on here been diagnosed with amnesia?

It's also funny because it isn't even Fisher people should be protesting to, it's Joy Seppala, since that's Fisher's boss and he's just guy carrying out his bosses wishes.

Nick

Administrator

is it too much for you to get your head round the concept that there is no 'right' and 'wrong' in this anymore?? just us vs them...and any ammunition that fishface wants to give us should be loaded up and shot regardless of any level of hypocrisy...

capiche?

What about when he starts taking legal action with the people on here, twitter etc abusing him and his family?

Would somebody go into a shop and start f'ing and blinding at somebody who worked in there too? Would they then be offended and want to go to the press if they said something back?

I am not saying Fisher or Brinner are right but surely you have to see both sides of it? If people are throwing insults and saying "we will go wherever you go" and saying silly stuff like that then if he wags his finger back then so what?

The Penguin

It's also funny because it isn't even Fisher people should be protesting to, it's Joy Seppala, since that's Fisher's boss and he's just guy carrying out his bosses wishes.

That's very true, however he is the public face of the owners, and besides which, we'll find Lord bloody Lucan before we find Joy Seppala. :)

dekker

How would protesting at Fisher's kids' school stop this from happening if it did?!

I do find it ironic how everyone was taking the moral high ground AND ACL's side on the rent issue, now some of those same people are condoning this, has anyone on here been diagnosed with amnesia?

mate it was a silly comment...not a serious statement of intent...it was a declaration of commitment more than anything else...'let's try anything'..more than any seriously considered plan of action...it's summerisle who is givin it oxygen over and over again..whilst at the same time pretending he's outraged by it....he's like those news channels / papers who keep repeating something over and over with faux outrage when in reality it's their propagation of the original incident which is more outrageous.

Users who are viewing this thread