If the rumours are true.... (1 Viewer)

skybluearmy88

If the rumours of a deal being struck for us to play our home games at the Ricoh next season are true then I believe that we need to get some decent crowds and get behind the team, that way it will show SISU that we are united as a city and want to be behind OUR club 100% in Coventry. I think without this they will believe everything we have done so far (protests, campaigns etc) have been pointless as we still don't get the support for the team even when they are in Coventry. I also hope that the threat of us losing OUR club will make fans that have recently stopped going realise what we have and make them come back.

Sutty

Fully agree. Keep Coventry in Coventry would be totally undermined as a concept if people boycotted games in the city.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Where have these "rumours" started? Who says we might be back at the Ricoh?

T

true sky blue

i say we will be at the Ricoh, im sure we will, mind you if anyone is going to put the scuppers on that it will be the council or the fans with their 'not one penny more' attitude, absolutely no regard for the boys wearing our club shirts next week - you have to feel very sorry for the players they must wonder what they have done wrong - i think a good relationship will form between the players and those loyal fans who travel to Northampton (should that happen - i do not believe it will) as long as the players try their hardest. anouncement to be made thursday night - city agree deal with acl. youll see

Nonleagueherewecome

i say we will be at the Ricoh, im sure we will, mind you if anyone is going to put the scuppers on that it will be the council or the fans with their 'not one penny more' attitude, absolutely no regard for the boys wearing our club shirts next week - you have to feel very sorry for the players they must wonder what they have done wrong - i think a good relationship will form between the players and those loyal fans who travel to Northampton (should that happen - i do not believe it will) as long as the players try their hardest. anouncement to be made thursday night - city agree deal with acl. youll see

You're such a rancid WUM. You've just labelled 90% of City fans as having no regard for the club.

Nonleagueherewecome

As for the players-they totally understand; ask the captain.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Ah, well, if TSB says it's true then it must be. Just the same as if it's in The Sun! I believe every word! :whistle:

skybluearmy88

Yes I fully agree the battle will never be won until SISU leave. But gaining an agreement to stay in cov is a step in the right direction. I guess time will tell if we get to stay at the Ricoh. We can all hope.

dadgad

He would probably try make out that SISU have listened to what the fans wanted and tried to do it for them, and try get fans on SISU'S side.

Haha, I think those weasel words would stick in his throat.......HOWEVER, if he and Sisu actually start telling the truth and stop this bullying through the courts, etc. then even now they might be able to claw back a modicum of support.....and who knows....even some respect?

It might be better to sack Fisher first, mind.

James Smith

I say you've never answered the question about council loans (both Swansea and ours) that I asked you in this thread #143 ?

Kenty

Sisu out!

Think it's all gone to far now..the point of no return sisu have just one intention and we all know what that is and means to life long supporters the dreadful demise and death of a once proud club there is only one solution and that is for Sisu out!

dongonzalos

I think you will find most of the players support the fans opinions.

@richh87

If SISU leave I'll buy a season ticket again immediately. If they stick around then I'll barely go, even at the Ricoh. Just can't stand their attitude towards our club and the city of Coventry.

Away games are different though, as SISU don't get the money.

Last edited:

Astute

Usual crap from you I see.

So if they are not willing to give in to SISU on whatever they want they will be at fault?

It will take a half decent squad and some decent results to bring many fans back. Many of us have become disillusioned with what they have done to our club. Just reversing the wrong decision will not make everything cosy again. They need to try and build a bit of trust. I am not sure they would be willing to do so.

Grendel

I say you've never answered the question about council loans (both Swansea and ours) that I asked you in this thread #143 ?

I thought Swansea's loan was to the management company that controlled the stadium?

Block19

A message to fisher:- if you do a deal to play at the Ricoh I have £700 pounds for 2 season tickets to get your greasy paws on. If you kick off at Northampton my local golf course is getting the money

ccfcway

A message to fisher:- if you do a deal to play at the Ricoh I have £700 pounds for 2 season tickets to get your greasy paws on. If you kick off at Northampton my local golf course is getting the money

Funny, cause my message to TF is for him to jog on !

Skybluesquirrel

I thought Swansea's loan was to the management company that controlled the stadium?

What difference does that make? It's the principle.

Fair play to Sisu. Drag everyone down. Level the playing field. If the JR goes ahead and then finds in their favour, the cayman island based hedge fund have looked after the taxpayers money across Europe. Teams in Holland, Spain and the UK will be able to thank them, including Northampton.

If the state has wrongly subsidised the building of stadiums, Sisu would find that morally they couldn't purchase the Ricoh as it offends their principles.
Or would they suddenly forget?

jaytskyblue

This is the time to get SISU out, even if we go back to the Ricoh. They have simply burnt their bridges with Coventry and a large proportion of the fans. They have zero credibility and no one trusts them.
By going people would just support this dragging on and on with Sisu just playing around and using the fans and Coventry some more.

Not One Penny More.

italiahorse

This is the time to get SISU out, even if we go back to the Ricoh. They have simply burnt their bridges with Coventry and a large proportion of the fans. They have zero credibility and no one trusts them.
By going people would just support this dragging on and on with Sisu just playing around and using the fans and Coventry some more.

Not One Penny More.

Back at the Ricoh and a winning team is all we want. The owners will come and go.

Gint11

Back at the Ricoh and a winning team is all we want. The owners will come and go.

Agree with you 100%. Everyone dusting off their swords and armour for 'this battle with SISU' need to stop playing command & Conquer.

jesus-wept

If, no when we kick-off at the Ricoh against Bristol City a week Saturday or Sunday it would be a massive coup against owners sisu. Tim Fisher can say all he likes but there would be that much egg on his face he'll look like an omelette.

As for the gate I think it would be pretty high, over 20k imo. After that it will be down to the old favourite, results to woo the fans. Buying a season ticket ? No way will I give this shower running my club any advance money, didn't they spend season ticket in advance before, where did that go ?

Last edited:

jaytskyblue

You act as if 'a winning team' has nothing to do with the owners-- it has everything to do with the owners!
The success of a club on and off the pitch is the job of the owners- and Sisu over 5 years have proven to be appalling. Why should it change, they have less money, no goodwill from fans or the City, a poor squad and Tim Fisher!

Ccfc1979

I want SISU out as much as anyone BUT the only thing that would stop me going is leaving the city. When the message was 'keep Cov in Cov' that's when the big support came out. They'll be gone sooner or later, and that day will be great.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Right now the message has to be a consistent "Keep Coventry in Coventry" that is the most important thing now. SISU will not go until they are good and ready no matter what the fans campaigns are.

As for the rumours then I think I will stick to believing it when i see it ....... Not at all sure it is going to happen, but will be absolutely delighted to be proved wrong

stupot07

Completely agree with the OP, if we play at the Ricoh we need to pack out the ground, even if its just for first match.

jaytskyblue

I want SISU out as much as anyone BUT the only thing that would stop me going is leaving the city. When the message was 'keep Cov in Cov' that's when the big support came out. They'll be gone sooner or later, and that day will be great.

The big support came out because the demo was in Coventry, The Telegraph advertised it-- but it was also the last straw concerning Sisu for many (them giving two fingers to the fans and Coventry). All speculation as to what happens now, but given Sisu's record does anyone see anything but more failure and chaos?

Users who are viewing this thread