If the worst comes to comes worst (1 Viewer)

CCFC89

As we can hide the fact that this club of ours could soon go under, so what is the next plan if this does happen. Reform ourselves as AFC Coventry City play in non league level or maybe go in with Coventry Sphinx.

oakey

No. Our plan is to get very angry, play the blame game, get even more angry, threaten never to go to another game/vote for this council again/support the Villa [delete as appropriate], get even more angry, sulk for a bit, moan to everyone we meet, sulk a bit more, then settle down to watch football on TV for the rest of our days. Gradually over time we will either moan about the good old Sky Blues or gradually become a glory fan supporting Utd, City, Pool, Arse, Spurts or Chelski. Some will even do both with no sense of irony. :facepalm:

italiahorse

No. Our plan is to get very angry, play the blame game, get even more angry, threaten never to go to another game/vote for this council again/support the Villa [delete as appropriate], get even more angry, sulk for a bit, moan to everyone we meet, sulk a bit more, then settle down to watch football on TV for the rest of our days. Gradually over time we will either moan about the good old Sky Blues or gradually become a glory fan supporting Utd, City, Pool, Arse, Spurts or Chelski. Some will even do both with no sense of irony. :facepalm:

Another season the same for 2013/2014 then ?

@richh87

AFC Coventry gets my backing!!! Lets face it - we couldn't fail to have more fun than CCFC have provided the last 10 years!

theferret

I don't support football. It is CCFC or nothing.

This.

Never understood these weirdos who are 'fans of the game'. What sort of wishy-washy nonsense is that?

There will always be a CCFC, whether it is the original or a reincarnated version, so pointless discussion imo.

torchomatic

Agree totally. Some people can watch any football all day long. I can't. Even though I have Sky and that I never watch the Premiership games and very rarely watch the Championship games. Don't mind the lower league ones and the Scottish games every now and then though. Don't bother with internationals either. It's City or nothing for me.

This.

Never understood these weirdos who are 'fans of the game'. What sort of wishy-washy nonsense is that?

There will always be a CCFC, whether it is the original or a reincarnated version, so pointless discussion imo.

NottsCov

At the moment I watch absolutely anything that involves a football. But no CCFC would have a serious effect on my love of the sport. I'd be watching a game thinking 'What's the point?, there's no Cov'

rob9872

Probably follow England away or watch leamington I guess. Would be a huge void like a dead relative for a while, but I imagine I would move on.

the rumpo kid

its like some people on here (and other sites) would just love this to happen.
almost reveling in how much shit we're in, and how small we can make ccfc.......ie lets go and play at the butts,... we could build a nice little ground somewhere...... lets be afc coventry and play in play in the west midlans pigeon fanciers league.
i want us tobe as good as man u or liverpool of the 80's or real madrid, not some fuckin poxy pub league outfit.

Last edited:

Black6Osprey

If people want to watch non league football with the word Coventry in it they can watch the Sphinx now.

If CCFC go bang and end up in the Evostick then I certainly wont be watching and after about 27 years of having a ST it would be hard, but I've pretty much had enough of this shit as it is, so that would be it for me.

rob9872

I want us to be better than we are but I don't want to be ad good as man u, explaining how I was tyhrre before the glory days. I quite like to let off steam about the fact we are rubbish - its what I'm conditioned to do.

Think about the summers when England did not qualify for a World Cup (might be easier for you Scots) and although you watched it was just not the same.

Well thats what it would be like.

AFC Coventry for me whatever league.

Bugsy

At the moment I watch absolutely anything that involves a football. But no CCFC would have a serious effect on my love of the sport. I'd be watching a game thinking 'What's the point?, there's no Cov'

Same feeling

ampthill_sba

Having moved away from Cov 20+ years ago, the club is now my only connection. ST holder for most of those years I would be gutted but would be unlikely to start supporting a non league version and would start to followl a local club to where I live....

Puts on tin hat...MK Dons...

Baginton

The fans are the club, not the stadium, or the latest custodians (not owners), where ever the fans are is where the club is, in the premier league, League One or the Evostick Northern Premier first division playing in the local park!

TheRoyalScam

At the moment we're in the hands of imbeciles. Once SISU have gone I'll be glad to buy a season ticket and support MY club regardless of which league we're in.

mark82

The fans are the club, not the stadium, or the latest custodians (not owners), where ever the fans are is where the club is, in the premier league, League One or the Evostick Northern Premier first division playing in the local park!

Well said.

Tad

At the moment we're in the hands of imbeciles. Once SISU have gone I'll be glad to buy a season ticket and support MY club regardless of which league we're in.

To be fair, most club owners are idiots.They just use their club as a status statement. Most of them buy a club and waste millions which they'll never recoup and then pass it on to the next rich idiot.

Wasn't there a report a few seasons ago that showed only 1 club in the entire Prem that wasn't in debt? Pretty certain they went straight down to the championship too.

Last edited:

skybluejelly

Well at least in 40 years time we can watch a milk advert where two kids says ..Coventry city !!! Who are they.???

skybluelee

Agree totally. Some people can watch any football all day long. I can't. Even though I have Sky and that I never watch the Premiership games and very rarely watch the Championship games. Don't mind the lower league ones and the Scottish games every now and then though. Don't bother with internationals either. It's City or nothing for me.

This could have been written by me. Apart from the bit about lower leagues and Scotland.

Football is irrelevant to me apart from Cov.

motherfunky

I'm sky blue through and through iand love watching decent footie i.e. prem league. we are not going to see decent footie under Pressley....... Fact!

oakey

I have Sky but don't bother with most of the football.
Don't get me started on the overhyped champions league on ITV. What a waste of prime time that is. Hardly anyone watches and advertisers would rather have a repeat or spin off from Corrie

covcity4life

your not a big football fan then, your going to act superior to those that do?

i LOVE ccfc, but also love premier league,italian football, heck ANY football, have done since i was a kid

city plus everything for me, cant iamgine it any other way,but then im not a casual fan who only goes to games for the beer and banter

can only support CCFC , so if its afc coventry then thats they way forward

Baginton

I went up to see Wigan v Newcastle on Paddys day. my first ever premier league game, I was and still am amazaed at how good the technical skill was, first touch, control and passing was awesome, fantastic stuff, you can see even poor premier players are way above our standard.

Atleast I got to see a good bit of footy this season :claping hands::whistle:

Wm65

@patmurphybbc: A 20 pts deduction would leave @Coventry_City on 40,just 2 above the drop zone.Remains to be seen what FLge thinks about recent squabbles

@HGJohn: @patmurphybbc @Coventry_City #saintsfc tried the "non-operating subsidiary in administration" trick. Didn't wash with the Football League.
@patmurphybbc: Wonder if Coventry City may cop more than a 10pts deducion if it's placed into administration tomorrow in High Court.Understand FLge has 1/2

@patmurphybbc: 2/2 to impose a greater pts ededucion if they feel @Coventry_City has been playing fast & loose with its administration or given false info

Baginton

why a 20 point penalty, Luton only got that for their 3rd admin in 10 years!

Bournemouth and Rotherham got 15 points for both their 2nd admins...

anyway gottta see what happens Tuesday first, might not go into admin proper :(

Stafford_SkBlue

Starting next season on minus pts will be negative in attracting players.
Why do the fans and players suffer due the negilience of the owners.

CCFC89

I'm getting sick of seeing Cov, getting humiliated each week with different problems. like one week being told we could kicked out of the ricoh, academy gets locked out, playing at butts park. I've just had enough, maybe restarting won't be such a bad thing, at least then we would know the club would be run properly

Sometimes I pop down the road to Nuneaton, and watch them play and at least at non league level you know it's not full of money grabbers.

For me i'd support AFC Cov or Sphinx but if it was ever decided that Sky Blues would be gone for good. Then I'd start focusing on Nuneaton Boro.

letsallsingtogether

I would not support any other club except Cov or a reincarnation of Cov.
I for one would save my money then go and watch different teams in Europe so as to get my away grounds tally up also missis wouldn't moan as she could go shopping in
Paris
Milan
Rome
Barcelona
Munich
Madrid
etc etc:D:D:D:D.

georgehudson

we have been brought to this state of affairs as a result of abysmal ownership / conduct,
over far too many years,
there are many who are culpable,
and there are many who will hide behind confidientiality clauses etc.,
of late, we are faced with what is catastrophic & bizarre ownership,
in addressing the present situation,
is it not reasonable to ask the various powers that be,
do we currently have fit & proper owners ?
& further why should fans & players be penalised for their misdemeanors ?

Nonleagueherewecome

I would not support any other club except Cov or a reincarnation of Cov.
I for one would save my money then go and watch different teams in Europe so as to get my away grounds tally up also missis wouldn't moan as she could go shopping in
Paris
Milan
Rome
Barcelona
Munich
Madrid
etc etc:D:D:D:D.

Isn't this what Beckham decided after the Fergie row?

Users who are viewing this thread