If there was a genuine plan to move back (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Would you be happier to see the club change grounds? If there was an option to build a ground elsewhere in the City, would this be acceptable, or is it Ricoh or nothing?

To me, the soul of my club was ripped away when the club left Highfield Road, the Ricoh is not home, I would not miss it.

Be straight, I don't for one minute believe SISU would have a plan to move back to the city so leaving the Ricoh is wrong.

Remember this when you answer me ;) I do not believe a plan is or will be in place, so leaving the Ricoh is wrong.

But I do not care for the Ricoh, never have. the ground itself would be no loss to me, not like Highfield Road. If somebody would build me a ground that was less flatpack Ikea and more like a proper football stadium rather than a soulless corporate bowl, I would embrace it.

dongonzalos

Sorry but if you do not believe they have a plan in place. You are very much on my thinking.

I believe it is a poor bluff.

If it moves out of Coventry it becomes SISU FC in my book.

Ashdown1

The Ricoh is home, its a fantastic stadium, it just needs a team to bring a modicum of success and it would be buzzing. If the people of Cov and Warks allow SISU to take the club away from Cov then they deserve all they get from these unscrupulous vermin !

Flying Fokker

Would you be happier to see the club change grounds? If there was an option to build a ground elsewhere in the City, would this be acceptable, or is it Ricoh or nothing?

To me, the soul of my club was ripped away when the club left Highfield Road, the Ricoh is not home, I would not miss it.

Be straight, I don't for one minute believe SISU would have a plan to move back to the city so leaving the Ricoh is wrong.

Remember this when you answer me ;) I do not believe a plan is or will be in place, so leaving the Ricoh is wrong.

But I do not care for the Ricoh, never have. the ground itself would be no loss to me, not like Highfield Road. If somebody would build me a ground that was less flatpack Ikea and more like a proper football stadium rather than a soulless corporate bowl, I would embrace it.

You may be pissing in the wind here but how about emailing SISU? Not likely to get a snotty nosed admin person there because they are sitting at home waiting for confirmation of their redundancy.:facepalm:

dongonzalos

However for Coventry City as a whole it is better if the Ricoh is a top venue attracting top acts. For the football club it would be great if they had a significant share in a ground like the Ricoh.
Coventry would be a farce with two stadiums.
Only one show on the road is currently offering the Ricoh and CCFC.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

However for Coventry City as a whole it is better if the Ricoh is a top venue attracting top acts. For the football club it would be great if they had a significant share in a ground like the Ricoh.
Coventry would be a farce with two stadiums.
Only one show on the road is currently offering the Rivoh and CCFC.

It already has two stadiums of course.

As does Bradford, as does Rotherham, as does Cardiff.

And so on.

James Smith

You may be pissing in the wind here but how about emailing SISU? Not likely to get a snotty nosed admin person there because they are sitting at home waiting for confirmation of their redundancy.:facepalm:

Or the administrator?

Flying Fokker

not great message board chat if I email a hedge fund about a subject where I'm just interested in Cov fans' views.

SISU has Coventry fans views in the form of the statement that Sky Blues Trust has made this afternoon. Fair to say that many posters on here would follow the same stance?

sky_blue_up_north

errr they cannot afford the rent on the Ricoh how the hell are they going to build a new stadium, non starter. If its in Coventry it has to be the Ricoh. Outside Coventry forget it.

Flying Fokker

Yes, it is surprising how a few words can illicit negativity. I managed to stir up a hornets nest at work simply by repeating what someone had said to me regarding me building an empire at work, she didn't expect me to comment on it in a team meeting. :thinking about:

torchomatic

Oh, it won't come to it. We'll be at the Ricoh in August with JE, GS and the yank.

torchomatic

sky_blue_up_north

That's not my question!

ffs, are people completely incapable of not bringing SISU and their evilness into everything!

I may not be a direct answer, but the reply sums up the stupidity of all concerned

SkyBlueHomer

Simple answer - No.

Nothing wrong with the Ricoh the problem is with various boards from Richardson onwards that have not run the club in a finacially sensbile manner & thus leaving us in this mess.

Colin1883

For arguments sake... If we leave the city and plan a return...

Where exactly do you think we would return to?

Ground share with the rugby club?

Back to the Ricoh? ( could you really see sisu backing down once they have made their move? )

I can't see ccfc ever returning if we leave Coventry...

NorthernWisdom

Do Coventry and do we need it?

They don't yet.

They might if the club had a ground.

Or, like Highfield Road, the old ground would become housing.

Or maybe office space.

I'd be able to go past the old Ricoh site easily enough though, can't go visit Highfield Road, that hurts. Might actually be better for me if there was another ground that's not the Ricoh though, as the Ricoh's like going to watch your lover having it away with their new well toned but brainless bit of buff, for me.

And they have it away with no style, and it's all over rather disappointingly!

RoboCCFC90

The Ricoh is home, its a fantastic stadium, it just needs a team to bring a modicum of success and it would be buzzing. If the people of Cov and Warks allow SISU to take the club away from Cov then they deserve all they get from these unscrupulous vermin !

I disagree, although it maybe in the City and be considered our home its never felt like home.. Highfield Road was our home.

RoboCCFC90

It's acceptable to me.

RoboCCFC90

The only reason I don't want them to leave is because of the owners, not because of the ground.

I know that mate, I was just answering what I thought was an absurd comment.

RoboCCFC90

It seems I have to make clear I have no agenda, and I'm not looking for answers to turn round and say 'ha! See you were on SISU's side all along!':whistle:

I know how you feel though NW, Highfield Road was our home, the Ricoh although it's in the City and is considered home, it doesn't have that feel, I would be happy if the club decided that they wanted to move away for a couple of years and then build something in the City which feels more like home. The Ricoh just doesn't feel that way for many reasons.

Skybluechick

Wow rose tinted glasses or what, highfield road was a dump you remember like me the amazing games and the amazing footballers we have seen in ou time their its where coventry were that we remember the ricoh is an amazing world class stadium we and all you need to move on if cov were playing in the prem against man u city arsenal tottenham etc etc the place wud be buZzin and u wud love it me personally would not go outside cov and I would like to go to tthe home of the sky blues the ricoh! Looks like if outside I'd be only goin to the away games

Users who are viewing this thread