If we got a big wedge for Vik...... (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Let's say £20m...

Would it be worth (assuming he won't sign a new deal) keeping Gus for the final year of his contract, and turning down any offer for him (unless it's £10m type of money). I really think we might be able to make a decent fist of it in The Championship next season (assuming the miracle doesn't happen) if we built a squad around him.

The bean counters might not like it, but he is that good at this level, I think we might well be able to repeat this year's success.

Edit: Probably win the play offs now, and I'll have to delete the thread!

shmmeee

Really we can’t afford to let players like Gus go free, as tempting as it is to have one last throw of the dice. Moving players on allows us to deepen the squad and spread the risk as well as keeping a lid on wages.

If he signs a new deal then fair enough, we’re protecting out investment. But I’d expect him to go for the high end of £5-10m which is enough to do some damage in a few positions.

fatso

If (big if) we dont get promoted, I'd love to keep Vik and Hamer and have a real go again next season,

but in reality £20 million+ is too much to say no to, and there's always the risk that Vik could do his ACL and be out for a year and then we are really in the shit.

With £20 million we could completely reshape the squad, and I'd trust MR to invest wisely.

Hopefully it won't matter as Vik and Hamer will be in the premiership next season and playing in sky blue. (not man city)

rob9872

If we did get that, although unlikely with a year left, I'd use some if it to put Gus on a long contract. High wages but he's special and replacing would be hard so reward him. Robins loves him, we love him and if he's paid his narket worth I think he might be persuaded to stay.

ccfc1234

Make Gus captain and offer him a new improved deal. I think he has developed a discipline in his game that could make him a legitimately inspiring leader for the group. Make Fadz club captain if Kelly leaves.

SleepyGinger

As others have said, unless Vik or Hamer sign a new contract they would both have to be sold this summer.

Alkhen

For me Vik is gone anyway the season pans out. His stock is too high and he seems really ambitious. I can't see how we would compete with the offers he'll get elsewhere.

If we get mega bucks for him then I'd go all out trying to convince Hamer to sign a new deal. It is going to take a big jump in wages and some serious convincing if we are in the Champ..

Also O'Hares contact will need sorting. Would hate to lose him for free.

Then I'd like us to have a go at McNally on a perm and see if we can get new loan deals for any of our current loanees.

Brighton Sky Blue

Let's say £20m...

Would it be worth (assuming he won't sign a new deal) keeping Gus for the final year of his contract, and turning down any offer for him (unless it's £10m type of money). I really think we might be able to make a decent fist of it in The Championship next season (assuming the miracle doesn't happen) if we built a squad around him.

The bean counters might not like it, but he is that good at this level, I think we might well be able to repeat this year's success.

Edit: Probably win the play offs now, and I'll have to delete the thread!

Use half of it to extend Hamer, the other half to buy a premium season ticket

Users who are viewing this thread