If we start well. (1 Viewer)

mrtickle

Big if but if after our first 5 matches we are unbeaten and top of the league, how many people will crack and got to Northampton?

skybluegod

Big if but if after our first 5 matches we are unbeaten and top of the league, how many people will crack and got to Northampton?

Then fisher will have called it and the majority of fans would go, would say about 6-8k will go.

ccfc92

I asked this last week. Personally, I think we will get bigger attendances. But remember a few seasons ago, we always did well in first few games, then lose like 8 in a row

Gray

we only just got to 9k at the ricoh at times including away fans, the most i can see us getting in Northampton is 3k and i think thats being optimistic

wozey

I think you will be surprised just how meany will be at the first home home, lots of people seem to be changing there mind on it. Not me thou I'm not going to a home game for 3/5 years thanks to fisher putting the club out of my reach

Delboycov

I think you will be surprised just how meany will be at the first home home, lots of people seem to be changing there mind on it. Not me thou I'm not going to a home game for 3/5 years thanks to fisher putting the club out of my reach

Not spoken to one person who's changed their mind, in fact if anything resolve has hardened with each day seemingly bringing more crap from TF and his fellow destroyers. If we were 60 points clear by February I still would not go and watch and can assure anyone I will never set foot in Sixfields to attend a 'home' game...I think you'll be surprised at the amount of of others like us who stick to their principles on this.

Last edited:

mattylad

Everyone I spoke to was saying away games only

Spionkop

As an avid supporter of over 50 years, (lot of us about) I won't go to Sixfields. They've crossed the line with this one. I haven't missed a home game since 1976. More away games for me. I'm already organising the Crawley one.
Stand firm City fans. There's a much bigger picture, you know that.

wozey

Not spoken to one person who's changed their mind, in fact if anything resolve has hardened with each day seemingly bringing more crap from TF and his fellow destroyers. If we were 60 points clear by February I still would not go and watch and can assure anyone I will never set foot in Sixfields to attend a 'home' game...I think you'll be surprised at the amount of of others who stick to their principles on this.

Out of the 6 people I often go to games with 4 have gone from not going at all to maybe if tickets and travel are cheap enough they will go but only to support the team so people are shifting stance I'm sorry to say, but we will only know on the first home game when the attendance is revealed. Also some people want to go in the games to protest

ajsccfc

Not me. Northampton's miles away, which negates the whole laziness/convenience reason to support my home team in the first place. Them moving three miles further away in 2005 was already a test of my resolve.

Otis

I sincerely hope no-one goes.

Surely this isn't about how City do, it's about the club being taken away from us.

I would consider it very shallow for people to say they won't go and then to relent and go because we are doing well. My stance is, I don't care if we are 20 points clear at the top of the table, I won't go.

If we all start going what incentive is there for Sisu to bring the club back home?

covhead1

If we're top with 9 games to go Cov fans will be hanging from the rafters.

If you are right i don't think it would be packed with the die hard fans but more likely the glory supporters that turned against chelsea and crew (jpt),
so as soon as things start going pair shaped you won't see them for dust.

Delboycov

Out of the 6 people I often go to games with 4 have gone from not going at all to maybe if tickets and travel are cheap enough they will go but only to support the team so people are shifting stance I'm sorry to say, but we will only know on the first home game when the attendance is revealed. Also some people want to go in the games to protest

Not been my experience Wozey but that sounds like 4 for Sixfields! I wonder if they'll be in the 'maybe' camp for a Wednesday night game against Carlisle or whoever in the middle of winter in -8 temperatures if we're struggling at the foot of the table with the prospect of making a 70 mile round trip to watch us get hammered at 'home' knowing that by doing so they ARE financially supporting owners who are destroying us with this stupid move?! If you take a very large percentage who are taking a moral stand, together with those who because of the distance/time of games can't get there and mix it with those apathetic fans that have had enough of struggling and watching a poor product on the pitch...those that often can't be bothered to go even though they have ST's...and the result will be a pitiful amount of fans.

Last edited:

dadgad

No way. We're Coventry City not Cobblers United. I'll turn into a fuckin frog before I go there!

torchomatic

For once I'll be making a stand and I won't go to Sixfields no matter how well we're doing. In fact, I found it difficult to have any enthusiasm for yesterday's game.

KeresleySBA

Will never ever go sixfields for a home game and hope others wont either. The message only gets across if the fans union sticks together.

torchomatic

Absolutely and even if Fisher announces "deals" as an incentive then it still wouldn't persuade me. If we are at the Ricoh come August 10th then I'm there.

Are you presuming these people won't have other commitments ie; work on a Saturday or have the extra spare cash cash to pay for transport?

Otis

Yep. Totally agree.

How we are doing should have nothing to do with it.

MK Dons have been doing quite well these past few years haven't they?

J

Jack Griffin

Everyone I spoke to at Nuneaton yesterday said they won't be going to Northampton.

Many of those are the hard core support that go to away matches.

Houdi

Then fisher will have called it and the majority of fans would go, would say about 6-8k will go.
Well we have had decent runs before in various seasons,however I can't recollect our away support suddenly going upto 6-8k.Even if every CCFC fan was 100% behind SISU and what they were doing,it would be a minor miracle for us to be taking that type of 'away' following.Since SISU are about as popular as the black plague in Coventry, I think you will need to take a digit of that estimate.

wozey

A lot of people say a lot of stuff but when it comes to the crunch will they actually do it? The 4 friends that said they would possibly go choose to keep that hush hush and tell work mates they don't intend to go purely in my opinion because its the popular line to take. I worry that a lot of others say the same when questioned

ajsccfc

In fact, I found it difficult to have any enthusiasm for yesterday's game.

I'd actually forgot it was even happening until a few minutes in. I'm starting to wonder how much interest I'm now going to take in competitive games; I'd planned to support as usual albeit from afar, but there's a chance the distance may now be more than just geographical. If that's the case there may be no going back.

Delboycov

A lot of people say a lot of stuff but when it comes to the crunch will they actually do it? The 4 friends that said they would possibly go choose to keep that hush hush and tell work mates they don't intend to go purely in my opinion because its the popular line to take. I worry that a lot of others say the same when questioned

I think that may work both ways and there will be those that have said they will go that won't. Very easy to put yourself forward as a "true, loyal" fan who will follow them to Tibuktu but another thing entirely to motivate yourself to go to a bottom of the table clash, played miles away from home on a miserable Wednesday night when you're on the early shift at work in the morning....especially if you have the moral argument about not supporting SISU with your cash gnawing away at you in the back of your head.

Last edited:

lifelongcityfan

i work in reading, live in Coventry. Northampton for a night game in theory may be closer.
I happily drive home 95 miles to watch cov at the ricoh.
On principle i will not set foot in Six fields
Speaking to other city fans, there attitude seems to be the same.
It doesnt matter how welll we are doing, or even if they give the tickets away for free...itis about principles and standing for what you believe in.
Appreciate that there are others with different opinions, and if they want to go that is up to them

pusbccfc

Would be funny if we got to the jpt semi again.

Fisher will look a twat... He could of had 30k at the Ricoh, yet he'd get 7000 at Northampton

Nick

Administrator
Would be funny if we got to the jpt semi again.

Fisher will look a twat... He could of had 30k at the Ricoh, yet he'd get 7000 at Northampton

Not as much of a twat as these people vowing not to spend a penny in the queue for a ticket...

ajsccfc

If there's demand for a bigger game, I could see them cutting a one-shot deal to play at a bigger venue.

torchomatic

Now where on earth could we find a ground with a good capacity right on our doorstep? :thinking about:

If there's demand for a bigger game, I could see them cutting a one-shot deal to play at a bigger venue.

Steve1974

You honestly think we are going to be top? How many games have the fans been the extra man? Lots .Its Going to be a tough year. I will listen on radio/watch results but no way am I going to a home game. I support the boys a hope they do well ... But that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread