If? (1 Viewer)

wafw1971

Let's say Sisu get there own way and get the Ricoh, bringing the club and stadium together as one.

Does anyone think Sisu will then invest in the team to get us back to the Premier league as soon as they can and then sell us or do something else?

bigfatronssba

I still think they would want such a ridiculously high price that we would still be stuck with them.

wafw1971

At some point in the future ACL will start to lose money, is it not better to put the whole arena on the market while its still profitable. And just to clarify I don't mean sell it cheap to Sisu, I mean sell it at the current market rate.

Warwickhunt

sell it to another hedge fund that would fook SISU up

blueflint

no they wouldn't invest they would sell all the assets of the ricoh and liquidate whats left

singers_pore

If SISU get the freehold on the stadium I believe they will liquidate the club and then redevelop the playing area of the arena for an alternative business use. I believe that's why they want the freehold rather than simply a long lease. In any case if the council do sell to SISU they must incorporate a clause stating that the playing area cannot be redeveloped for any use other than football. However, I am not sure that SISU would abide by such an agreement even if it was put in place. I would imagine that as long as there is no change to the exterior of the building, SISU would not need planning permission from the council to change the interior use of the playing area. However, I am not sure about that as I am not an expert on the rules regarding planning permission.

Senior Vick from Alicante

They would do a bunch of licencing agreements for other company's to run the stadium and sit back and take the profits from these agreements. The club would not get a bean from it but SIsu and Arvo would reap the benefits that's why the stadium can not be sold to them unless they are part of an open sales process where others can bid at a fair market value. If I wanted to buy your house and you have no reason to sell, why should you sell it to me at 10k when the market value is 90k, that's what they want and it can not be allowed to happen. The club and the ground united are any pre requisite for Sisu to be allowed to bid in my opinion. NOPM

Moff

I honestly believe they would invest...for a period of time....as a successfull team is a money maker, and owning a white elephant stadium without a team as we are currently seeing is not a money maker.

Still they probably will never get their hands on the stadium and we will be bust by the seasons end.

Still its all ifs and buts and its just an opinion before someone jumps down my throat for thinking for myself.

Gint11

They are a hedge fund, theres always a deal around the corner if it suits them

torchomatic

Apparently, they will either*:

1. Liquidate the club while rubbing their hands with glee and shouting "ha, ha, we've got the Ricoh, it's all we ever wanted"
2. Liquidate, the club knock the Ricoh down and build loads of hotels and houses, a bit like Monopoly but for real.

So to counteract that "threat" people on here want to liquidate the club and start again in the lower leagues.

*These scenarios have, of course, their origin on this site.

Let's say Sisu get there own way and get the Ricoh, bringing the club and stadium together as one.

Does anyone think Sisu will then invest in the team to get us back to the Premier league as soon as they can and then sell us or do something else?

Last edited:

wafw1971

Apparently, they will either*:

1. Liquidate the club while rubbing their hands with glee and shouting "ha, ha, we've got the Ricoh, it's all we ever wanted"
2. Liquidate, the club knock the Ricoh down and build loads of hotels and houses, a bit like Monopoly but for real.

So to counteract that "threat" people on here want to liquidate the club and start again in the lower leagues.

*These scenarios have, of course, their origin on this site.

The thing is we have no idea what they will or wont do with the Ricoh if they get there hands on it. What are our choices as it stands at the moment:

CCFC playing in Northampton averaging 1200 to 1500 supporters (including the hill crowd)
Ricoh Arena doing car boots, having 2nd rate acts (Sally Morgan, Jim Davidson) and a few sporting events and 2 pop concerts a year

or do we want

CCFC playing at the Ricoh ( I don't care who owns us and I don't care if its a lease agreement or total
ownership)

Having 2nd rate acts (Sally Morgan, Jim Davidson) and a few sporting events and 2 pop concerts a year when CCFC are not using it.

torchomatic

I'm with you all the way. City playing in the Ricoh regardless of who owns us.

The thing is we have no idea what they will or wont do with the Ricoh if they get there hands on it. What are our choices as it stands at the moment:

CCFC playing in Northampton averaging 1200 to 1500 supporters (including the hill crowd)
Ricoh Arena doing car boots, having 2nd rate acts (Sally Morgan, Jim Davidson) and a few sporting events and 2 pop concerts a year

or do we want

CCFC playing at the Ricoh ( I don't care who owns us and I don't care if its a lease agreement or total
ownership)

Having 2nd rate acts (Sally Morgan, Jim Davidson) and a few sporting events and 2 pop concerts a year when CCFC are not using it.

Users who are viewing this thread