If.... (1 Viewer)

skybluekelly98

If in 5 years time elvis has guided us to mid table in the prem and sisu are still in charge, would you go and back the club if they were playing at:
(a) The ricoh?
(b) A new stadium at exhall with similar capacity?

Rusty Trombone

If in 5 years time elvis has guided us to mid table in the prem and sisu are still in charge, would you go and back the club if they were playing at:
(a) The ricoh?
(b) A new stadium at exhall with similar capacity?

If you're going to make up a completely unrealistic hypothetical question, could we at least be higher than mid table?

ccfc92

I'd buy a season ticket as soon as we are at the ricoh again, and I live 170 miles from Cov.

I imagine many fans purely want CCFC in Coventry at the Ricoh, they generally aren't fussed about NOPM. Obviously minus SISU would be a bonus, but IMO I don't mind the club receiving money, I just want it invested in CCFC

RFC

Not for the first time on Saturday I met a CCFC supporter who travels a ridiculous distance to support SP & the Team, on this occasion from Cromer.
True supporter! PUSB!

skybluetony176

Not for the first time on Saturday I met a CCFC supporter who travels a ridiculous distance to support SP & the Team, on this occasion from Cromer.
True supporter! PUSB!

every fan that travels to Northampton for a Coventry City home game travels a ridiculous distance.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Regardless of whether the op is likely or not, just answer the question? Imho yes I would be there regardless of league position, or owner - as long as we were in Cov/close enough

Grendel

Southampton said no to SISU
Delia cares about Norwich
Don't know much about Swansea

Southampton got took over by a billionaire.
Swansea were handed the ground free by a council and given 33% of the management company free of charge.

If Swansea had mutton and Lucas they'd be still languishing in the bottom division.

Astute

Swansea were handed the ground free by a council and given 33% of the management company free of charge.

If Swansea had mutton and Lucas they'd be still languishing in the bottom division.

And if they all had SISU?

Grendel

Does that equate to mis-use of tax-payers money?

No because they correctly viewed the benefits that a successful football club could bring to the city. Extra revenue through visitors etc. they have been proved 100% right haven't they?

Grendel

And if they all had SISU?

Swansea would never have had sisu would they as the club had an arrangement that wouldn't have bust them in the first place.

skybluetony176

You forgot to mention that the Swansea ground deal is currently being investigated by a European commission as being illegal state aid. If they decide it is the consequences could potentially be worse for Swansea than loosing the JR could be for ACL.

stupot07

You mean a crippling wage bill for over paid and over rated players.

In part yes, they have a very strict wage bill and stick to it, and their fans acknowledge that. We on the other hand overpay mediocrity but expect our owners to spend even more.

skybluetony176

In part yes, they have a very strict wage bill and stick to it, and their fans acknowledge that. We on the other hand overpay mediocrity but expect our owners to spend even more.

Your quite possibly right on the last point. Personally I don't expect them to spend more although off course like any other fan I'd like to see the club to be able to make the right decisions to put us in a position where we can spend more. But most importantly I like to see them get value for money, regardless of how much they're spending. Something this club has failed spectacularly at for decades with the odd exception.

Grendel

You forgot to mention that the Swansea ground deal is currently being investigated by a European commission as being illegal state aid. If they decide it is the consequences could potentially be worse for Swansea than loosing the JR could be for ACL.

No there will be no implications for Swansea FC at all and anyway that European Commission seems to be dragging on a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread