iFollow (1 Viewer)

RegTheDonk

Hi all - can anyone help?

I'm a London fan. I watched the last game on ifollow (I siggned up using VPN and using UUK credit card. Appears to have gone through ok)

So I watched on my decent spec android box and again hid IP behind VPN. The game showed but:

1. I kept losing the picture every so often (in intervals between 5 and 40 mins) - lost picture about 5 times overall
  2. On each occasion I got an error message saying 'Invalid parameter'
  3. Each time this happened, my account 'locked' - I was unable to access any premium video content, saying that I needed to 'upgrade my account' to access! This would be the same if I logged off and signed back in. The only way around it was to delete the whole app, download it again and then sign back in.
Has anyone had this happen to them? Or has anyone got any idea why it might be happening?? Appreciate any help.

(also, does anyone know if you can watch the live stream on multiple devices at the same time??)
Just got back off hols and I've been having these exact "invalid paramater" followed by a crash problems too while in Devon, using the official app on my android phone to listen to the the game or watch highlights. This as been using my mobile phone data and the camp sites wi-fi, so it should correctly see that I'm in the UK and using my legal UK subscription. I've also been getting the "To access this content please upgrade your account" error (even though you can clearly see I'm subscribed).

So no, I wouldn''t think its your VPN mate because its happening toe me too and I'm just trying to legally access the UK content. I think the iFollow app is buggy. I've uninstalled, cleared out my phones' cache, and reinstalled .... and while it worked OK to view the full match highlights of the last game, it still crashed when I tried to watch the extended highlights.

In regards to multiple devices, no I don't think so .... I've been kicked out with the error message that my account is in use on another device and to make sure I'm not signed in on another mobile or PC. Strange that, I'm the only one with the account details and the computers switched off 200 miles away. So I would imagine you'd need multiple accounts to view simultaneous on multiple devices. Reported all these faults to the iFollow development team and it must have been well over a week of standards bullshit replies before I gave up.

R

RB1992

Are there any pubs in Coventry that are streaming the away games? I'd imagine they'd make a roaring trade

KG7

Just got back off hols and I've been having these exact "invalid paramater" followed by a crash problems too while in Devon, using the official app on my android phone to listen to the the game or watch highlights. This as been using my mobile phone data and the camp sites wi-fi, so it should correctly see that I'm in the UK and using my legal UK subscription. I've also been getting the "To access this content please upgrade your account" error (even though you can clearly see I'm subscribed).

So no, I wouldn''t think its your VPN mate because its happening toe me too and I'm just trying to legally access the UK content. I think the iFollow app is buggy. I've uninstalled, cleared out my phones' cache, and reinstalled .... and while it worked OK to view the full match highlights of the last game, it still crashed when I tried to watch the extended highlights.

In regards to multiple devices, no I don't think so .... I've been kicked out with the error message that my account is in use on another device and to make sure I'm not signed in on another mobile or PC. Strange that, I'm the only one with the account details and the computers switched off 200 miles away. So I would imagine you'd need multiple accounts to view simultaneous on multiple devices. Reported all these faults to the iFollow development team and it must have been well over a week of standards bullshit replies before I gave up.

I had the same multiple devices issue and they started to go through the standard bullshit responses with me too. I logged on to iFollow on a desktop computer and went to devices and for some reason it had 2 x iPhones identified there so I deleted one and had no probs since.

When did the purpose of help desks and support teams become to infuriate you rather than help you?

RegTheDonk

I had the same multiple devices issue and they started to go through the standard bullshit responses with me too. I logged on to iFollow on a desktop computer and went to devices and for some reason it had 2 x iPhones identified there so I deleted one and had no probs since.
Even if it was a puzzle why you had 2 iphones listed, at least you could see a reason for the problem. I'm glad you sorted it out KG.
When did the purpose of help desks and support teams become to infuriate you rather than help you?
In this case after the 3rd email...when they said "please provide a brief explanation of what you are experiencing and include any errors or messages that you encounter." I'd been doing exactly that for over a week. I can forgive people who aren't good at their job, but being able to read is presumably a gimmie lol.

Nick

Administrator
Until they get shut down for copyright infringement.

Exactly.

Pubs abroad however :) Even then, I am sure they will have terms about it being a pub and not residential.

A pub could do it piece of piss, it's just when they get caught.

luwalla

Has anyone actually brought a match pass for the Yeovil game, usually I'm able to see the match pass when behind a VPN .. but can't eve see an option to buy match pass today ?

Nick

Administrator
Trying to listen online, it just pops up with subscription options. I already have one! ha

chiefdave

Is anyone mirroring this to their tv? For some reason if I use my Mac mini, which has an HDMI connection to the TV or AirPlay from my MacBook to Apple TV I get sound and no picture.

Turn off AirPlay and watch directly on the laptop and it's fine.

RegTheDonk

Is anyone mirroring this to their tv? For some reason if I use my Mac mini, which has an HDMI connection to the TV or AirPlay from my MacBook to Apple TV I get sound and no picture.

Maybe something in the player's coding turns off the HDMI handshaking? Don't use a Mac but is there any way you can connect it to the TV via VGA which I believe isn't able to carry encryption data?

singers_pore

I have a Samsung tv and it was not able to mirror from Apple devices or the laptop. It does however mirror from my Samsung galaxy tablet. So I can now watch live on my huge tv.

chiefdave

I have a Samsung tv and it was not able to mirror from Apple devices or the laptop. It does however mirror from my Samsung galaxy tablet. So I can now watch live on my huge tv.
Weird, wonder if that is deliberate or just poor implementation. I can't see the benefit from blocking someone who has paid for the stream being able to watch it on whatever device they want.

Users who are viewing this thread