I'll Let Marlon Off The Leash When He Is Ready - Boothroyd (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

PM936819@2965341.jpg
City boss on Marlon King
Coventry City manager Aidy Boothroyd has said that he will play Marlon King when he feels he is ready to play.

Speaking to the CT about the striker, whom many feel is still some way off full match fitness, Aidy Boothroyd said: "Marlon's annoyed at me because he thinks he should be playing straight away
"But it is always good to get Marlon annoyed - and I have always found that - because he is hungry and has a point to prove, and I just want to make sure that when I let him off the leash he is ready and doesn't get any daft injuries.

"But that's me looking after him in a cruel way I guess. He will play a big part in the game, I am sure."

The City boss admitted that he made a mistake by bringing him back too early and said: "I think we all got caught up in it. "I was desperate to get him on the pitch, he was desperate to get on the pitch but being out for ten months, we all got excited because of what we saw on the training pitch and thought, let's get him out as quick as we can.

"It has been a bit of a lesson to me so this time I have taken my time with him.
"I have taken advice from the physios who said he was ready for Sheffield if I wanted him, but I have given him that extra week just to make sure that he's absolutely firing on all cylinders."

BenInTurin

Facebook User
I think that's a clear signal that he's gonna be starting tomorrow, but instead of who? Duke or Plattini?

smileycov

Facebook User
DUKE, he is far to slow. A good lad who i like and glad we have him, but Plattini offers more. (though he is as slow haha!) If King starts, i guarantee he will score playing alongside Plat.......every one does :D

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Your right smiley platt is our taget man he feeds everyone i wonder where we would be without his assists if we didnt have him.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Don't know why but I have a feeling that we should stick with Platt and Jutkiewicz tomorrow, just have a feeling Jutkiewicz is going to score a screamer... :confused: Don't ask why, just one of them feelings ya know.

skybluewill

i like juke but platt has been a very good acquisition, he has scored three goals and six assists so far this season which is impressive for a man who cost next to nothing.

Disorganised1

You know the old adage - you don't change a winning team - gonna be a strong bench tomorrow though.

Users who are viewing this thread