Im driving to Crewe today..... (1 Viewer)

ccfcdan

I'm going to try and get some tickets, if I'm sucessful would anybody be interested in buying one off me? Would be face value, but would be happy if a donation as made towards my petrol costs ;)

SBbucks

Dan,
I would have 2 if you can get them and would happily contribute to your petrol costs...
PM me?
thanks

jon92

I'm going to try and get some tickets, if I'm sucessful would anybody be interested in buying one off me? Would be face value, but would be happy if a donation as made towards my petrol costs ;)

Not a bad idea that ain't gd luck with it mate people should give money for petrol if successful

Otis

What you need to do Dan, once in Crewe itself, is to keep stopping every 20 seconds or so and write down a few street names and local landmarks.

You can then mention the local chippy and how much you won at such and such bingo club the other night.

Coventrycityfc

I'd pay for two as one of the tickets would be for a brave coventry soldier who is currently serving in Afghanistan and would love to attend the game. I'm sure a petrol contribution could be arranged for the hard work to obtain tickets PUSB ( [email protected] )

pusbccfc

skybluesam66

ok - if you are not wearing colours and you go into the ticket office - they may ask you for name and address . Tell them you are a student at Keele uni (find out the halls of res address) - can be a post grad up to your 30s or if not a lecturer

they will not be able to check, and also there will be all sorts of accents at the uni

Otis

And hopefully there will be no Marathon Man style interrogation by the staff with you strapped in a chair and them with dental drills and no anesthetic.

sky blue john

Good luck try and avoid the internal examination though !!!
If anyone in the ticket office has rubber gloves on run and don't look back !!!

nunchuckas

I would definitely have one if you are successful, for my old man. Will gladly contribute towards petrol and inconvenience costs :)

speedie87

You just know someone from the Crewe ticket office is reading this thread and will go 'arr ccfc dan we have been expecting you'!

Last edited:

McLovin87

Pop into the Crewe club shop buy a Crewe bobble hat, pop it on, mention you're getting the tickets early as you've heard rumours of City fans in the home end.

This would be my approach and I'd say you'll have a good chance of getting some tickets.

Smoke and mirrors baby!

Now we have to chip in for a hat as well as petrol!

CovInEssex

Pop into the Crewe club shop buy a Crewe bobble hat, pop it on, mention you're getting the tickets early as you've heard rumours of City fans in the home end.

This would be my approach and I'd say you'll have a good chance of getting some tickets.

Smoke and mirrors baby!

Now we have to chip in for a hat as well as petrol!

"I heard them Coventry fans are trying to come in up end...I'll have 34 tickets please"

dadgad

Be sure of your 'story' and stick to it....
A new bobble hat is a give away...
One made of tin might be more suitable.

Brighton Sky Blue

As it goes I'm getting the train up to uni on Saturday and have a 20 minute changeover at Crewe-anyone fancy my chances? ;)

Brighton Sky Blue

ok - if you are not wearing colours and you go into the ticket office - they may ask you for name and address . Tell them you are a student at Keele uni (find out the halls of res address) - can be a post grad up to your 30s or if not a lecturer

they will not be able to check, and also there will be all sorts of accents at the uni

They will ask for university ID if you do that. You're better off saying you're from Stoke as the accent is similar to ours and it's just as close.

Covstu

You need to revise on your Crewe football history and learn the players too, current form would also be useful. Last week: Lost, week before that...Lost. You will be dead convincing!! ;)

Cigarfingers

Jesus he only wants to buy some football tickets, not trying to answer the life and times of Crewe lol.
If they start asking questions ask if they are the prize if you answer all of them right!
If they refuse to sell them tell them it's discrimination cos your home is in coventry but your a Crewe fan really.
Surly man utd would be shagged as not many live in manchester ;-)

trick2

I wonder if they"d be as suspicious if say i went and tried to get some as im a girl. Just an idea, send your wives and girlfriends up or get them to ring.

BLAKESCREWE

You`ll be wasting money because as soon as its known you`re Coventry fans you`ll be evicted, the police have promised to crack down here on any of your fans getting into the home sections, safety concerns etc

sky_blue_up_north

You`ll be wasting money because as soon as its known you`re Coventry fans you`ll be evicted, the police have promised to crack down here on any of your fans getting into the home sections, safety concerns etc
If they sit down and shut up no one will know till the final whistle, just need to show some respect.

ccfcdan

Hi guy's good news is I didn't need to go to Crewe, I managed to get in touch with an engineer that our company uses that is based there and he has promised to get me some tickets. I just need to give him the cash and he will bring them to me, when he visits our site next (hopefully before the game) It should be fun in the main stand surrounded by Crewe fans. Ill be on my best behaviour!

Not sure I could keep quiet throughout a match! esp if we were winning comfortably!

as far as im concerned if im successful to get in home end me and my chums will be quiet. we aint stupid like that. if city fans walk the walk then there will be that many city fans there that we will outnumber you

Users who are viewing this thread