I'm really looking forward to August 6th. (1 Viewer)

skybluesteve76

Is anyone else foaming at the gash for the start of the season?
There seems to be an excellent team spirit. The players will know the new system even better and it will be hopefully fine tuned to perfection. In Murphy I believe we have a keeper to match Westy. We have a very strong defence, probably need a left back to push Hussey. Clingan,Bell,Baker,Sheffers,Deegan are all more than capable. We need another striker of course but in juke and Fred I'm more than confident they could do the business especially if Freddie is given a long run in the team and thorny shows a bit of faith in him.
So to summarise I think we can more than hold our own in this division and I can't wait til they prove alot of doubters wrong! (Which mainly happen to be our own supporters.)
Roll on August 6th. PUSB.

Cov 4 Prem

When Freddy scored the brace against Pompy on the first game of the season, then had a knee injury to keep him out until November - He scored on his first game back from the injury. He has the only hat-trick at the ricoh.

I do think, given a fair crack of the whip and at full fitness he can score goals.

I can't wait for Birmingham away!

PUSB.

Snozzer

Never been so underwhelmed about a season in all my sky blue years. I'm savouring every non football weekend at the moment. Hate feeling this way but it's how I feel, there's things going on behind the scenes that leave me feeling so pessimistic.

ashbyjan

I have a horrible feeling we are going to do a Blackpool - unfortunately Blackpool of last season not the one before. We will play attractive attacking football, win some, lose some entertain and put smiles on faces but ultimately the lack of quality, small size of squad and lack of investment will catch up with us and we will fail, probably down to League One. Its going to be a roller coaster of a season thats for sure, but if we are relying on the lazy, injury prone pikey then we could be in really serious trouble.

I'mARealWizard

I can't wait until December when we have a lot of games within a short period of time and not enough players to put out an actual team :whistle:

Oggy might have to come back for the odd game or two ;)

ccfctommy

Im kind of half and half at the moment. I appreciate that we have a fine defence and a sound midfield. But i'm a bit worried that we are lacking three players and that I cannot see where our goals are going to come from. Eastwood? This has to be his make or break year as he has been very average since signing for us.

Jukebox? I like him a lot but he scored 9 goals last season. He will improve but I don't think he is ready to be our number 9 just yet.

All in all, i'm looking forward to the start of the season, but I just hope we have a stronger squad come August 6th.

Skyblueheff

To start with Skyblue Steve, if your foaming at the gash you might want to see a doctor, but yes I can't wait. Think we need a striker but don't expect one much before kick off as alot will depend on who prem teams bring in and then let go. I would also like to see Jeffers given a few games. I know he won't be a striker to hold the ball up but he has decent movemet in the box and if we are creating chances he could be one to stick them in. Probably the exact oppostite to Plattypus!

PS am also glad the puffin muncher has gone as he spent the last two seasons falling over!

im-confused

Everyone was saying how they trust thorn and now everyone is saying they are seriously concerned.. you fickle bastards

@richh87

I'm not looking forward to the Leicester game - the money they've spent is ridiculous. I can't wait for the rest of the season though - i've got faith in a Juke/Freddy Partnership.

Our top scorer this year will be McSheffrey - he'll wreak havoc from the tip of the diamond - like he did towards the end of last season.

craigus12

its an odd one, i'm desperate for some footy but i just know that by the end of the brum game, that normal service would be resumed.

i can see us struggling a lot this season.

ccfc1973

Everyone was saying how they trust thorn and now everyone is saying they are seriously concerned.. you fickle bastards
we trust thorn be we dont trust the board , if we get any bids for players like turner,mcpake and juke then they will go and poor thorny wont be to blame if we go down

Macca

Is anyone else foaming at the gash for the start of the season?
There seems to be an excellent team spirit. The players will know the new system even better and it will be hopefully fine tuned to perfection. In Murphy I believe we have a keeper to match Westy. We have a very strong defence, probably need a left back to push Hussey. Clingan,Bell,Baker,Sheffers,Deegan are all more than capable. We need another striker of course but in juke and Fred I'm more than confident they could do the business especially if Freddie is given a long run in the team and thorny shows a bit of faith in him.
So to summarise I think we can more than hold our own in this division and I can't wait til they prove alot of doubters wrong! (Which mainly happen to be our own supporters.)
Roll on August 6th. PUSB.

actually i get less excited each year but thats because of football overkill more than anything else

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Whatever team we have come 6th August I'm still looking forward to it, I hate Saturdays with no football. Pre-season is a drag.

OyJimmy

Not looking forward to this season. A few early injuries and we are screwed. Playoff's? no chance, relegation? possible....

ajsccfc

We went from no senior goalkeepers to three in the space of a few days, we've got around a month before any actual football starts. Let's not cry wolf just yet.

skybluesteve76

To start with Skyblue Steve, if your foaming at the gash you might want to see a doctor, but yes I can't wait. Think we need a striker but don't expect one much before kick off as alot will depend on who prem teams bring in and then let go. I would also like to see Jeffers given a few games. I know he won't be a striker to hold the ball up but he has decent movemet in the box and if we are creating chances he could be one to stick them in. Probably the exact oppostite to Plattypus!

PS am also glad the puffin muncher has gone as he spent the last two seasons falling over!

Thankyou sky blue Heff i will go to the quacks asap!do you think Fred could do a job up there if he's made to feel loved by AT? Also I agree about the puffin muncher, too much thinking he was good and actually, he weren't.

skybluesteve76

Eastwood didn't exactly excel when the rest of the squad did under thorn.. in fact he looked even lazier.

I'm convinced it was because he didn't feel wanted and his nose was seriously pushed out of place. He needs to feel wanted and then he will show his worth. We've all heard what an unsettling influence MK was on the dressing room, maybe freddy just couldn't be bothered! If I knew I wasnt gonna play no matter what, even tho I'd scored at the start of the season and played well before injury I wouldn't be arsed either.

im-confused

I'm convinced it was because he didn't feel wanted and his nose was seriously pushed out of place. He needs to feel wanted and then he will show his worth. We've all heard what an unsettling influence MK was on the dressing room, maybe freddy just couldn't be bothered! If I knew I wasnt gonna play no matter what, even tho I'd scored at the start of the season and played well before injury I wouldn't be arsed either.

That's because you're a footballer.. surely when there's huge competition for places, you would try to play your best when you get a chance to?

Chipfat

I can see a very hard season ahead with this current squad and if we get offered serious money for Juke, Turner or Clingan i can see it getting worse. We are not in any position to turn anything down or re invest any money to try to compete which in the end will cause a very high chance of relegation. So looking forward to the season???? not really sure as i fear the worst.

Nonleagueherewecome

The problem isn't AT, who I have massive faith in-I am looking forwards to the new season, as ever, and no matter what I know we'll try and play good football. But there's only so much Thorn can do.

My disillusionment is caused by ending the season on a massive high, amid promises that if we lost King, investment would be made in a similar calibre striker, and if Aron left we would strengthen the midfield-which was already weakened by the losses of Doyle and Carsley, and subsequently Osbourne and McIndoe. Not only does it seem we will not be doing that, but fears and rumours abound that a half-decent (if that) bid for any of our players will see them gone.

Of the players that are left, they'll get my backing all the way. But I quite like the Blackpool analogy-if we nake the 2-4 signings we need, we could be like Blackpool when they went up, playing passing, attacking football and challenging for the top half. If we don't, we'll be more like them last season-playing great stuff, but simply not with enough experience, quality or depth to avoid a relegation battle.

Users who are viewing this thread