In all seriousness ......... (1 Viewer)

lewys33

CCFC Holdings own .....
players
a mortgaged training ground
a few other minor things (merchandise, staff contracts, team coach bla bla bla)

So if Haskell managed to:
buy CCFC Ltd.
Buy half the Ricoh
Get a training ground (Alan Higgs)
Get a team (hardest part)

Then surely the FL would allow him to have the Golden Share. Not sure if he would have to have the team first or could get that together after he had the share but still ..... I see that as a better option and maybe having to struggle for the year, than having many more years with SISU tearing our club apart!

I suppose it boils down to how the football league see it.

Holdings have the team but no stadium
Ltd COULD have the stadium but no team

thoughts?

hopefully if ph4 buys ltd then he doesnt sell straight to sisu for a quick profit.

if he does buy ltd without players would we bteak ffp rules by signing an entire team

Nonleagueherewecome

Season starts in what, 10 weeks? There's a lot that requires sorting out well before then..starting to think we won't actually start next season.

hutch1972

hopefully if ph4 buys ltd then he doesnt sell straight to sisu for a quick profit.

if he does buy ltd without players would we bteak ffp rules by signing an entire team

Who though in the right mind is going to buy part of a company when they dont know whats in it ?
Even when kids buy one of them kinder eggs they have a general idea what is going to be inside , not so with this club ! . Buying ccfc ltd at the moment would be like playing Russian Roulette.

dongonzalos

I think the one advantage Mr Haskell has if he is prepared to outbid SISU for the golden share.

He would be able to say to the FA I can put Coventry in the Ricoh.

The negative he has is if SISU are not happy with how much they get back they will take the matter to court.

So at the same time as owning a new club he will have to fight the leeches in a legal process.

Starting the process of geting ownership of the Ricoh may mean this hassle is worth it to him.

Nonleagueherewecome

I think we have to register with fl and have the associated guarantees in place by end of May

And if we don't-which we certainly won't-do we face another points deduction?

NorthernWisdom

Who though in the right mind is going to buy part of a company when they dont know whats in it ?
Even when kids buy one of them kinder eggs they have a general idea what is going to be inside , not so with this club ! . Buying ccfc ltd at the moment would be like playing Russian Roulette.

Exactly. You'd be worried about the person who would be happy to do that, wouldn't you!

RegTheDonk

Thoughts?

That makes a lot of sense and would be my preferred course of action. Dare say the managers/players union would have some input though, it would effectively put all our boys on the dole (those who's contracts the new company wouldn't want to purchase I mean).

DazzleTommyDazzle

As far as I know he hasn't made more than an enquiry and expression of interest, and as far as I know he wouldn't bid under those circumstances, so how am I attacking someone for not doing something that a sane person wouldn't do?!?

I guess you were just asking helpful questions again.............:D

No because he will invest in the club and we will have 50% income from the Ricoh. Transfer fees are not relevant it is the wages he pays for the squad they assemble.

The big issue as I see it would be that the accounts for 2012 have not been submitted which is the original reason for the embargo, so could SISU leave us in the embargo by refusing to submit those accounts?

SkyBlueCharlie

Also made the point on another thread that Holdings own the registered name and trade mark of Coventry City Football Club so unless they are prepared to sell that on then presumably any new club could not be called Coventry City Football Club.

rupert_bear

If i have understood the experts correct any new owner trying to enter the football league be it ltd or holdings has to pass the fit and proper test and part of that is having a ground in the area for atleast a 10 year lease or as in Rotherhams case be building one, also a million pound bond has to be placed with the FL or FA or maybe both. SISU cannot assure this without the Ricoh, Appleton cannot sell to anybody who cannot guarentee the business is a going concern going forward. I think this has stumped sisu a bit or a lot and maybe Appleton too. It might turn out that the FL are our biggest allies in all this.

Users who are viewing this thread