In the interests of balance......... (1 Viewer)

The Gentleman

I wonder if Les Reid (being a journalist that is) will now try and look at the supposed new stadium and recent FOI requests and whether Tim Fisher was/is lying to us all.........

Then I wonder if he'll write the article in the Observer..........

Then I wonder if Torchomatic/RFC will put the article up on here...........

chiefdave

I can't understand why at least one member of our local press hasn't asked Fisher or the club for comment on Rugby councils recent statement. Wouldn't that be a fairly simple thing to do, you have two statements that are completely contradictory, why not ask for an explanation. Of course the explanation may well be BS but it would be better than nothing.

Even without announcing a location there's other areas of a new stadium project that can be drilled down on, why not pressure the club for details of how it will be financed, who will own it etc.

skybluebeduff

Worry about our team surviving relegation to a division we haven't seen in over 50 years first and foremost.

Someone in another thread mentioned that we should forget our off field woes until the summer. And they're spot on!

Who cares about Les Reid? He is not CCFC, he writes shit that only a very small amount of people care about. His agenda is obvious, obvious in the fact that he doesn't give two hoots about anything but playing silly games with council workers.

We need a trash bin on SBT, just for Les Reid.

torchomatic

Ah, the old "you only ever put up articles slagging off the council" fallacy. Not true. I put one up on SP (you obviously missed that one :confused:) which slagged SISU off from beginning to end.

Then I wonder if Torchomatic/RFC will put the article up on here...........

Gosford Green

The threat of the club moving out of Coventry again is slightly more of an issue than what might have been said 2 years ago.

OK its bullshit there is no new ground, perhaps LR could pen an article confirming this.

The Gentleman

Ah, the old "you only ever put up articles slagging off the council" fallacy. Not true. I put one up on SP (you obviously missed that one :confused:) which slagged SISU off from beginning to end.

Like a man in orthopaedic shoes, I stand corrected. Your VC is now ready to be collected at the Palace for services in the interests of balance :claping hands:

Oh, I nearly forgot, found where I said Sisu were totally to blame yet you c . Sorry, thought I'd stop there to still give you time to find it.

torchomatic

I guess I'll find it at the same time as you find posts where i say CCC are totally to blame.

[/B]

Oh, I nearly forgot, found where I said Sisu were totally to blame yet you c . Sorry, thought I'd stop there to still give you time to find it.

bigfatronssba

No one is balanced, everyone has an opinion.

The only issue here is between those who admit that they are not balanced, and those who pretend they are.

I am happy to admit that I am unbalanced in that I pin most blame to one side.

Sky Blue Kid

I can't understand why at least one member of our local press hasn't asked Fisher or the club for comment on Rugby councils recent statement. Wouldn't that be a fairly simple thing to do, you have two statements that are completely contradictory, why not ask for an explanation. Of course the explanation may well be BS but it would be better than nothing. Even without announcing a location there's other areas of a new stadium project that can be drilled down on, why not pressure the club for details of how it will be financed, who will own it etc.
One thing for sure Dave, CCFC will never own a stadium while SISU/Otium are in charge. Fisher has been quoted as saying this.

torchomatic

We won't no matter who owns us. Those days disappeared with HR.

One thing for sure Dave, CCFC will never own a stadium while SISU/Otium are in charge. Fisher has been quoted as saying this.

Ashdown

The only issue here is between those who admit that they are not balanced, and those who pretend they are.

Ultimately I blame the problems on footballers/agents being paid and demanding astronomical amounts of money for kicking a football around ! That ridiculous scenario is the beginning of all the other problems !

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
I can't understand why at least one member of our local press hasn't asked Fisher or the club for comment on Rugby councils recent statement. Wouldn't that be a fairly simple thing to do, you have two statements that are completely contradictory, why not ask for an explanation. Of course the explanation may well be BS but it would be better than nothing.

Even without announcing a location there's other areas of a new stadium project that can be drilled down on, why not pressure the club for details of how it will be financed, who will own it etc.

We covered this in January, and did ask, but Mr Fisher didn't want to add anything publicly.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-fc-chairman-rules-8517015

Senior Vick from Alicante

Unfortunately for our Les he seems to have pinned his flag to the Sisu mast ever since his interview with Joy. The problem with getting a balanced view of both sides is that when you are dealing with Fisher you know your better off talking to a brick wall, this does not how ever stop him from looking at other parties involvement. The one I would like to know is who made the commercial decision to distress ACL and leave for Northampton, but that means asking Joy as the council will not have the answer. If you want to further your career Les, stop trying to dig shit on a commercial deal and start looking at the wider things that effect the local community which I believe is what a political journo should be doing. If as has been intimated on other threads that their may be a change at the helm of the club over the summer you will have wasted your time if the new owners get a 50% stake.

fernandopartridge

Les Reid is a political journalist reporting on the local council. Not sure why he needs to balance this against the local football club.

jimmyhillsfanclub

As I said, I did ask Mr Fisher - but he didn't want to comment publicly.

so with this in mind, coupled with the Rugby council denial.....could you not put some pressure on with one of you're "The Telegraph understands it to be the case that Tim fisher appears to be a 2-faced lying c**t"....

.....I know hill83 loves that kind of thing..

Noggin

There is nothing unbalanced about having an opinion as long as that opinion was formed looking fairly at all the available evidence and that you are open to changing that opinion should new evidence come to light.

In Fact not taking a side when all evidence points one way is much more unbalanced in my eyes. It's like if the bbc were to give equal weight to doctors/scientists/researchers and anti vaxxers that wouldn't be balance it would be the complete opposite. Of course Les Reid is even worse than that.

fernandopartridge

Some balance on the political side would be nice.

In what respect? Is it not the case that the council has made what appear to be conflicting statements?

I must admit I do think the headlines are a bit OTT but then nobody would read the story otherwise.

skyblueinBaku

It will happen and I'm sure Les will report on it as soon as the announcements made! PUSB

I assume that Les is a young man as he'll be waiting a very long time to file that report.

hill83

so with this in mind, coupled with the Rugby council denial.....could you not put some pressure on with one of you're "The Telegraph understands it to be the case that Tim fisher appears to be a 2-faced lying c**t"....

.....I know hill83 loves that kind of thing..

yincNU8.gif

shmmeee

In what respect? Is it not the case that the council has made what appear to be conflicting statements?

I must admit I do think the headlines are a bit OTT but then nobody would read the story otherwise.

I dunno, it's the whole screechy "look they must be dodgy" tone that he takes. I know it's his raison d'être as a local "investigative journalist" or whatever, but it's not good reporting. To be honest, he jumps around so much in an article from his opinion to already know facts to a quote from some random that it's hard to follow what accusations he's actually making. A more cynical man might say that's the point, you're just supposed to take away some general feeling of "they're doing something dodgy".

It's like the call for an inquiry into the sale. It's been stated that it will be externally audited and it makes sense to wait for that, but he doesn't state that. Instead he makes out a one man campaign is some great grass roots movement. It's just dishonest with the intention of bigging himself up rather than actually trying to get to the truth of what's going on. And frankly there's enough of that around our club.

I'd have a lot more time for him if there was ever any substance to his shouts of fire, but here we are two years into his campaign and he's yet to uncover a single thing other than "questions" which is journo speak for "I've got nothing, but I'd like to sling some mud".

Users who are viewing this thread