Incoming LB? - Chris Stokes (1 Viewer)

kg82

Just read this on twitter. Like you, I know nothing about him. We are light at LB though.

ConnorDevine

I'd love to see us grab a new lb/rb and push Haynes up to the wings, it'd be a true injustice not to try him in an attacking role, with his crossing he could be a real star, so fingers crossed this could make my dream a reality

skybluebeduff

I'd love to see us grab a new lb/rb and push Haynes up to the wings, it'd be a true injustice not to try him in an attacking role, with his crossing he could be a real star, so fingers crossed this could make my dream a reality

I like your thinking, but that means a striker would have to play as a striker, and we know SP don't manage like that... ;)

Sbarcher

Getting ready for a Reda-less few months.

torchomatic

Give him a go, we don't rally have a decent left-back at the mo. Haynes too inexperienced and not that brilliant at defending and Pugh who's always injured.

Nonleagueherewecome

Another step towards us having had an entire starting XI that I'd never heard of before this season!

The last LB we signed out of non-league was the best player in the Conference and he flopped, so I can't see Stokes doing any better.

wingy

Another step towards us having had an entire starting XI that I'd never heard of before this season!

The last LB we signed out of non-league was the best player in the Conference and he flopped, so I can't see Stokes doing any better.

What about the one before him
Or signed by Bobby Gould If that Is wrong ;-)

Nonleagueherewecome

What about the one before him
Or signed by Bobby Gould If that Is wrong ;-)

I knew someone would do that. The week that City signed Hussey, the Nonleague Paper's front page headline was "Doing A Psycho!".

Nope.

ccfcway

i get the whole "lets get behind him, give him a go" etc etc

but something dies a little inside of me to see that we are reduced to LOANING the Forest Green 2nd choice left back.

Astute

Still can't believe we shipped Blair Adams out

Why not? We have got rid of players in the last couple of years that were good enough to put us at the top of this division.

Harranold

Chris was never 2nd choice as left back until the new manager took over and started to build his own team . Chris had spells with Southampton and Bolton ,where he signed pro forms , and learnt his trade. He has played for England at youth , under 18 ( I believe) and England C ( last year) . He is an exciting ,attacking left back ,with a good cross and an excellent shot on him. Given a chance he will make an excellent addition to the club. If you want to know what the FGR fans think of him check out the " Chris Stokes" thread on their fans forum .http://forum.fgrfc.net/.

ccfcway

Give him a go, we don't rally have a decent left-back at the mo. Haynes too inexperienced and not that brilliant at defending and Pugh who's always injured.

so, to confirm, you want to give a 2nd choice conference left back a chance at the expense of our young left back who will more than likely end up a championship player in the near future ?

torchomatic

Yes and in your dreams. Haynes is crap. There, i said it.

so, to confirm, you want to give a 2nd choice conference left back a chance at the expense of our young left back who will more than likely end up a championship player in the near future ?

torchomatic

Harranold

Chris Stokes is definatly NOT a second choice left back! He is a very talented player who has fallen out (allegedly) with a new manager who is intent on bring in his own players to build his own team. Chris has had spells at Bristol , Southampton and Bolton , where he singed pro. forms and learnt his trade. He played several times in Boltons reserves and also won England caps ,at youth , under 17 and England C levels. He is an exciting attacking left back with impressive crossing and shooting abilities. He is good in the air and a very compitant defender. If given a chance he should be a good addition to the squad. Check out what the FGR fans think payout him at http://forum.fgrfc.net/. .

torchomatic

The Gentleman

Yes and in your dreams. Haynes is crap. There, i said it.

I know what you mean Torch, I remember people saying that Cyrus Christie would make a good Championship player..............

With your player spotting talent, I've just sussed out your job. You must be Pressley's chief scout!!

wingy

Bigging the boy up In the CT
Hoping to have another look at him next Thursday
Oddly scheduled for the Ricoh@ 2.00pm

Last edited:

Gazolba

Will be interesting to see how someone from the lower leagues performs. Could be the start of many such signings.

Users who are viewing this thread