Incoming signing - Junior Brown (3 Viewers)

PurpleBin

Recruitment is the number one factor for any successful business. Without the right staff your business won't thrive. There are lots of studies that show this.

Mucca Mad Boys

I'm not sure if you are taking the piss. I very much doubt Joy has rocked up at Ryton with a wedge of cash for Robins to spend.

The owners aren't the ones who should be getting credit, it's pretty much everybody below them who should be. From the people behind the social media to the people like Boddy and Tynan Scope who are trying to increase revenue and doing events and offers.

Not sure if you are on a wind up?

It’s a joint effort. Robins is clearly a good fit for us, and has done a very good job to date. But, the owners have undoubtedly given him the tools to succeed, he made 15+ signing last season and has already got 3 through the door. Allassani was wanted by a host of clubs of an equal or higher status to sign him and Brown came from a team who’s just finished 3rd, and if rumours are to be believed, we’re pursuing their captain too. There has to be backing from the ownership to make these signings to take place. Everyone is pulling together in the same place. Even under Mowbray (particularly his first full season), I’d say there was a degree of backing, but he was generally too optimistic with signings.

If you're praising sisu now then you have to praise them for what they've done over the last 5/6 years because making us self sufficient (with player sales) is what's led to where are now. Their strategy hasn't changed at all since we were relegated from the championship.

It should be self-evident the strategy has changed. The goal really should be to breakeven, and given our position as a club, we’ll always be a ‘selling club’, so we have to deal with the reality that we need to sell players from time to time.

PurpleBin

It’s a joint effort. Robins is clearly a good fit for us, and has done a very good job to date. But, the owners have undoubtedly given him the tools to succeed, he made 15+ signing last season and has already got 3 through the door. Allassani was wanted by a host of clubs of an equal or higher status to sign him and Brown came from a team who’s just finished 3rd, and if rumours are to be believed, we’re pursuing their captain too. There has to be backing from the ownership to make these signings to take place. Everyone is pulling together in the same place. Even under Mowbray (particularly his first full season), I’d say there was a degree of backing, but he was generally too optimistic with signings.

It should be self-evident the strategy has changed. The goal really should be to breakeven, and given our position as a club, we’ll always be a ‘selling club’, so we have to deal with the reality that we need to sell players from time to time.

Absolutely. If anyone believes this recruitment of players and staff who are doing an outstanding job has nothing to do with the owners of the business....those who write the cheques then they are deluded.

Mucca Mad Boys

Absolutely. If anyone believes this recruitment of players and staff who are doing an outstanding job has nothing to do with the owners of the business....those who write the cheques then they are deluded.

People are also forgetting that the owners hired Robins in the first place. So even if was ‘The Robins Show’, the owners would still deserve credit...

PurpleBin

People are also forgetting that the owners hired Robins in the first place. So even if was ‘The Robins Show’, the owners would still deserve credit...

Yes...I'd consider that basic common sense. Employer employs successful member of staff. Employer not allowed credit...? Madness.

Rodders1

If you're praising sisu now then you have to praise them for what they've done over the last 5/6 years because making us self sufficient (with player sales) is what's led to where are now. Their strategy hasn't changed at all since we were relegated from the championship.
I agree - I’ll only praise boddy and robins at the mo. SISU should only get praise when we’re competing to get out of the championship - ie where they picked us up for nothing.

It’s been years of shit. But if they get us back to the championship then that’s par for the course (albeit years wasted).

PurpleBin

I agree - I’ll only praise boddy and robins at the mo. SISU should only get praise when we’re competing to get out of the championship - ie where they picked us up for nothing.

It’s been years of shit. But if they get us back to the championship then that’s par for the course (albeit years wasted).

Out of interest why wouldn't you complement them for the good recruitment of the two people you would praise? They could have gone and got any tom, dick or Harry on the cheap? Genuinely not being funny with you...just curious.

Irish Sky Blue

Out of interest why wouldn't you complement them for the good recruitment of the two people you would praise? They could have gone and got any tom, dick or Harry on the cheap? Genuinely not being funny with you...just curious.
Court case that threatens our future in Coventry continues.
Threat to our training ground still exists.
Years of lies and mis-information.(has this changed? Apart from the plan to break even, do we know what their strategy is? Sisu remain silent. Seppala as far as I know has never spoken to the fans).
Taking the club to Northampton, holding us ransom, breaking the lease, losing our right to half of the Ricoh- all unforgivable.
Taking the club to their lowest league position ever.
Yes they have appointed Mark Robins. So that is one successful manager in how many attempts? A success rate of one in ten or one in eleven is not great.
They have to give us a budget, but as they state, this is based on money the club generate. They are wise enough to let Robins get on with it. Pretty sure Seppala and Fisher don’t direct Robins as to where and when he spends the budget. As OSB has stated on here they will only put money in when it is necessary to keep the club afloat. It would not suit their purpose (whatever that may be) to see the club go under. Do you really think Seppala, Fisher or Coleman has the best interests of CCFC at heart?
I won’t trust them again. They need to go.

PurpleBin

Court case that threatens our future in Coventry continues.
Threat to our training ground still exists.
Years of lies and mis-information.(has this changed? Apart from the plan to break even, do we know what their strategy is? Sisu remain silent. Seppala as far as I know has never spoken to the fans).
Taking the club to Northampton, holding us ransom, breaking the lease, losing our right to half of the Ricoh- all unforgivable.
Taking the club to their lowest league position ever.
Yes they have appointed Mark Robins. So that is one successful manager in how many attempts? A success rate of one in ten or one in eleven is not great.
They have to give us a budget, but as they state, this is based on money the club generate. They are wise enough to let Robins get on with it. Pretty sure Seppala and Fisher don’t direct Robins as to where and when he spends the budget. As OSB has stated on here they will only put money in when it is necessary to keep the club afloat. It would not suit their purpose (whatever that may be) to see the club go under. Do you really think Seppala, Fisher or Coleman has the best interests of CCFC at heart?
I won’t trust them again. They need to go.

Sure. Im not suggesting we forget it all. Just saying that now they are doing things right it seems so credit where it's due.

ccfcway

Out of interest why wouldn't you complement them for the good recruitment of the two people you would praise? They could have gone and got any tom, dick or Harry on the cheap? .

not sure the group of tom ince, Richard wood and harry maguire would come cheap

Astute

Praise for SISU because we have put the money into our club and with FFP SISU haven't put money in?

Last season was partly funded with a trip to Wembley. We got there without Robins. Do we praise them fir our previous managers and also getting relegated?

This season will be partly funded by another Wembley visit. Yeah well done SISU. Good in you for getting lucky.

I have always said I will firgive when we are back in the Championship and having gates we did when they took over. And when we have somewhere permanent to play. But I will never forget.

mark82

Praise for SISU because we have put the money into our club and with FFP SISU haven't put money in?

Last season was partly funded with a trip to Wembley. We got there without Robins. Do we praise them fir our previous managers and also getting relegated?

This season will be partly funded by another Wembley visit. Yeah well done SISU. Good in you for getting lucky.

I have always said I will firgive when we are back in the Championship and having gates we did when they took over. And when we have somewhere permanent to play. But I will never forget.

I think the biggest thing is they've stopped getting involved so much. Boddy seems to have been a good influence since he's come in, Fisher now staying out the press a bit more. The manager was backed last season and created a side capable of promotion, and probably could/should have been top 3 but for the mid-season blip. I think on the club side things are looking better but there is still a very long way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread