Injured FC (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

With Bell going, got me thinking who has creamed the most money out of CCFC due to being injured all the time,

Whats the X1 look like ?

-------------Joachim-------Kevin Kyle---------------

----------Keith O'Neil----Iasias------David Bell---------

----------------Tim Sherwood-------------------------

o'halloran--McPake---Mikkel Bischoff--David McNamee

-----------------Chris Kirkland---------------------------

Cant believe Kirkland only made 24 appearances for us !

Last edited:

TheHellion

Surely there must be room for Iasias in there somewhere?

TheHellion

Didn't Strach sign a totally unused Honduran left back (or 2)?

Oh! Robert Jarni maybe eligible for your team also.

Ivan Guerrero made some 7 appearances in 2 seasons or something like that.

chiefdave

Anyone remember Dougie McGuire? Must have been early 90s as that was when I used to go and see the reserves. Was awesome playing for them but think he got some fairly major illness before he could breakthrough into the first team.

How about Kevin Thornton if you want to class being a pisshead as an injury.

TheHellion

Yeah, i remember Guerrero, but there was also another Honduran who never appeared.

The only other Honduran I know we had on our books was Martinez, but he made even more appearances than Guerrero.

6 Generations

Chris Chilton signed and soon had to retire due to a back injury.

Alan Brazil joined us as part of the Terry Gibson transfer to Manchester United, then retired again due to a back injury.

So you could put Brazil up front?

duffer

Striker, from the North East, I think. Rock hard. Played one game, or half of one game. Scored and went off with a back injury. Best goals to games ratio ever!

Can't rememember his name. In the 1990's, iirc. Anyone help?

duffer

Aha - I've dug it out, thank you wikipedia, but I'm going to leave it as an open question. Played once for us as a sub, scored, was injured and never played again. On the books for 13 months though, according to Wiki.

Supposed to be one of the toughest men in footy, at the time.

Anyone guess?

ccfcway

Aha - I've dug it out, thank you wikipedia, but I'm going to leave it as an open question. Played once for us as a sub, scored, was injured and never played again. On the books for 13 months though, according to Wiki.

Supposed to be one of the toughest men in footy, at the time.

Anyone guess?

Sir Michael Harford ?

kg82

Kirkland? Didn't he basically have less than a season with us though and was only 19! Always find these "he was creaming off us cos he was injured all the time" threads a little confusing, as if most of them wanted to be injured!

duffer

Great header that. I remember sitting in the West Terrace watching that go in

Ha. Me too. Used to sit just to the left of the goal, right at the back. Couldn't see the ball half of the time. Loved it. Great memories. :)

Users who are viewing this thread