Interest in McNulty (2 Viewers)

Paxman II

Provided we go up he stays. Otherwise he will be poached by a Championship club taking a stab. 500k
If we go up and he stays and performs equally well in league 1 his value will double at least. he has the team built around him here so would not be a good move to go for him unless we are still in league 2

clint van damme

he's scored a few shy of 30 goals, of course there's interest.
If he goes he goes, he needs to do what's best for him and his family but we've recovered from the loss of better players.

BackRoomRummermill

Kenny Daglish was a massive Rangers fan but it never stopped him signing for Celtic.

As for us all . money talks . In my opinion he has been out best player since Robbie Keane , if we keep him what a coo this will be and show intent . He is a class above we all knew he would bury

Gibbo

The thing about McNulty is that he is a completer finisher - he doesn't actually make goals very often - I can remember one against Wycombe and one other. Last night's was classic McNulty - smart enough to get himself into the right place so that he could side foot it into the net. If that is what another side wants then fine, but he has limitations which coaches will spot and may account for his dry spell at the beginning of the season.

Why Biamou is an interesting player is that he does have the ability to make a goal happen from not very much - as did Nazon incidentally. Both last night's goals in different ways were made by Biamou himself. In some ways the second was better - he passed and then ran to take the return, cut across goal, eschewed the easy option to lay it off to Shipley, cut back, and with his left foot slipping from under him, shot it into the corner. How good is that?

PVA

The thing about McNulty is that he is a completer finisher - he doesn't actually make goals very often - I can remember one against Wycombe and one other. Last night's was classic McNulty - smart enough to get himself into the right place so that he could side foot it into the net. If that is what another side wants then fine, but he has limitations which coaches will spot and may account for his dry spell at the beginning of the season.

I couldn't disagree more.

Yes he is an excellent and natural poacher, but he brings so much more to the team than that.

Grendel

Why Biamou is an interesting player is that he does have the ability to make a goal happen from not very much - as did Nazon incidentally. Both last night's goals in different ways were made by Biamou himself. In some ways the second was better - he passed and then ran to take the return, cut across goal, eschewed the easy option to lay it off to Shipley, cut back, and with his left foot slipping from under him, shot it into the corner. How good is that?

McNulty creates far more chances than Biamou

rob9872

In just over a year he'll be playing Championship football with CCFC. Genuinely believe that I'd we win next week we'll go through L1 it's that big a game. Wouldn' change much at all for L1 just use the extra budget to rip up current contracts and ensure players stay.

win9nut

In just over a year he'll be playing Championship football with CCFC. Genuinely believe that I'd we win next week we'll go through L1 it's that big a game. Wouldn' change much at all for L1 just use the extra budget to rip up current contracts and ensure players stay.
My thoughts precisely

ConnorDevine

Oh here we go, more doom. Were you one of the clowns who said we'd be relegated this season?

Hardly doom and gloom, but if we don't go up why would they stick around? Are you saying these players wouldn't have reasonable offers from bigger clubs?

I'm surprised so many have disagreed with this, Im not being negative at all but in realistic terms other clubs will be interested and as per tradition we will be happy to cash in.

ConnorDevine

How optimistic of you the day after we reach the playoff finals...

Our whole team is under contract, Robins has already said he isn't selling McNulty, so it's going to take a big bid to prise him away from us. Moreover, we still have Andreu and Jones to come back too, so I think we're in good stead going forward.

I'm saying if we don't get up, historically we sell when decent offers come in and since we have such a strong squad right now I'd expect many of them to come under offer from comparstivly big teams.

I'm not being negative, I'm fairly confident we'll go up but what makes us think that in the 4th tier we'll be any more capable of keeping hold of our best players than we were in rhe championship?

Gibbo

McNulty creates far more chances than Biamou
But does he ever create something out of nothing?

Nor, incidentally did I phrase the thought as an "either / or". It was a comment on how we should not assume McNulty is the answer to another team's prayers, by pointing out what is a deficiency, by comparing him with Biamou. Subtle I realise.

Grendel

But does he ever create something out of nothing?

Nor, incidentally did I phrase the thought as an "either / or". It was a comment on how we should not assume McNulty is the answer to another team's prayers, by pointing out what is a deficiency, by comparing him with Biamou. Subtle I realise.

Are you serious? McNulty in the first half of the season single handedly created chances for himself and has scored numerous goals entirely from his own endeavour

rupert_bear

The Partnership starting to develop between McNulty and Biamou could become awesome two totally different players, hard to contain. I’ll grant you Grendel Biamou missed guilt edge chances early doors and I can’t see him ever being a tap in merchant, but he’s quality and a significant part of our team.

Terry_dactyl

You’re not the only person to say that. I guess it’s difficult to gauge against lower level opposition but my old man, who has a Pompey season ticket, watched the game and thought we were better than most he’d seen this year...including Pompey. Thought we’d have no trouble getting into the championship if we can reproduce that sort of performance on a regular basis. This is where I stepped in...
He also said we’d have to get rid of Doyle. The man’s an idiot!
Seriously though, Andreu and Jones will be like 2 new signings, whatever division we’re in. Get rid of some of the deadwood and IF we go up, I’m optimistic. We’ve just got to do it!

rupert_bear

My worry is will our owner allow us to develop like I think we could. This isn’t meant as a dig at sisu but to develop into a championship standard team costs money and risk.

Mucca Mad Boys

My worry is will our owner allow us to develop like I think we could. This isn’t meant as a dig at sisu but to develop into a championship standard team costs money and risk.

Let's worry about getting back into League 1 on May 28th first.

I think we could potentially develop into a Championship (even under SISU) under the right management. We came close to the playoffs twice, and I think a combination of cutting the budget and perhaps the wrong manager in dealing with those constraints contributed to our relegation to L2. We've rebuilt from the bottom up and we've got a really good foundation to build on now, regardless of what league we're in next season.

rob9872

That's a different thing though being championship standard and getting there. Imo the biggest gulf now is championship to L1. L1 &2 similar as are the top champ and low prem teams. Much of the championship is strong with serious cash top players and we couldn'the get a budget to compete but I still believe we can get there.

Users who are viewing this thread