International duty (1 Viewer)

CV22SBA

Jamaica v Haiti on Wed 13 Sep. No way Lati & Palmer are making it to Hull in time. They won’t even arrive back until the morning of the game.

CV22SBA

Bet Lati plays v Hull.
I don't see how. Flights back from the Caribbean to the UK are always overnight so he would arrive in London around midday on Friday. No way he would then travel straight to Hull and play. This is probably why Robins was angry the game had been moved to a Friday instead of a Sunday.

Matt smith

Yes Robins said Palmer might not travel after picking up a knee injury, but he is there. Hopefully doesn't make it worse.

Kitching and Sakamoto in for the pair of them v Hull then presumably
They’ll be on the bench

Warwickhunt

Could be wrong here, but I thought Brereton Diaz came on as sub against us on the day he arrived back from international duty. I think it was last season.
Correct! He played like Sh%te

Sky Blue Harry H

If Kitching still has a groin issue, I'd like to see Binks given a run out at LCB instead of Lati. Leave it to MR to sort out the midfield conundrum regarding Palmer's likely absence. Save him/Lati for the Tuesday match at Cardiff.

skyblueelephant76

I don't see how. Flights back from the Caribbean to the UK are always overnight so he would arrive in London around midday on Friday. No way he would then travel straight to Hull and play. This is probably why Robins was angry the game had been moved to a Friday instead of a Sunday.
Robins said they arrive back on the Thursday

Colin Steins Smile

The match for Jamaica is at 1.00 local time, so 6 pm Uk on Wednesday. Additionally the USA are playing at 1.30 local time on the same day, so Hagi is affected. I would expect all 3 to be on the bench. I hope the USA match is in the east of the country rather than west coast, due to time difference.
Hull have definitely adversely affected us by being allowed to schedule the match for Friday night. EFL should not allowed it.

edgy

The last Jamaica game kicks off at 8pm on Tuesday 12th (1am GMT Wednesday 13th). They'll be on a plane on Wednesday.

Last edited:

mark82

The match for Jamaica is at 1.00 local time, so 6 pm Uk on Wednesday. Additionally the USA are playing at 1.30 local time on the same day, so Hagi is affected. I would expect all 3 to be on the bench. I hope the USA match is in the east of the country rather than west coast, due to time difference.
Hull have definitely adversely affected us by being allowed to schedule the match for Friday night. EFL should not allowed it.
Haji was left out the latest US squad.

SkyBlueSoul

Don't make 'em like they used to

On the day of the games, [Mark] Hughes played for Wales in a 2-0 defeat to Czechoslovakia. Then, rushed out of the changing room to a car with its engine revving. After slaloming through the Czech countryside to the airport, Hughes boarded a private jet organised by Bayern Munich Sporting Director Uli Hoeness.

The private jet took Hughes to Munich, where Hoeness’s Porsche was waiting for the plane to land. The forward rushed off the plane, jumped into the car and within minutes was at Munich’s Olympic Stadium for the cup match. Hugues came on as a sub to everyone’s surprise and scored an incredible volley to take the game into extra-time where Bayern Munich won.

Users who are viewing this thread