Investment ? (1 Viewer)

sky blue john

Why do so many think investment has been made in the squad ?
Is it because you all believe Fisher ?
Sisu have made a tidy profit this summer aswell as reduced the playing budget !!!

Out Clingan high earner.
Out Eastwood high earner.
Out Cranie high earner.
Out Mcpake
Out Bigi sold undisclosed.
Out Keogh sold undisclosed.
Out Deagen

In 9 players ln free transfers and less wages
than players that have left.

SonofErnie

Why does that constitute a profit ? Surely it's just a reduction in costs to comply with League 1 regulations !

skybluesam66

and there is nothing wrong with what they have done this summer - something similar last year, and we may have stayed up

I remember clouting in september saying- dont worry that we havent signed anybody, we can still bring in loans - we were just about bottom already by that stage

this year, they have acted early, and at least given us a chance for the division we are in - I go to games now with hope rather than resignation

I am not a fan of sisu, but think they have at least learned part of a lesson

valiant15

Sisu take the piss cos we've got so many happy clappy spineless fans. I can't think of any other club that would put up with such shitty owners. Newcastle fans would be rioting if they were in our boat. Maybe city fans and sisu deserve one another.

Bagsy

I think you'll find we got relegated last season. This means there is less money coming in from the league, which means we have to cut the wage budget to match a league one clubs wage budget.
Plus as with all clubs getting relegated means you lose your better players, as they want to play at the highest level possible (as well as for the reason above).

We have a good squad for league one, that is more than capable of getting promoted. (although 1 or 2 more would be nice).

fernandopartridge

Why do so many think investment has been made in the squad ?
Is it because you all believe Fisher ?
Sisu have made a tidy profit this summer aswell as reduced the playing budget !!!

Out Clingan high earner.
Out Eastwood high earner.
Out Cranie high earner.
Out Mcpake
Out Bigi sold undisclosed.
Out Keogh sold undisclosed.
Out Deagen

In 9 players ln free transfers and less wages
than players that have left.

How can you make a profit when you've made a heavy operating loss already. Jesus.

SkyBlue_Bear83

OP is right, SISU haven't actually spent any more money than they did last year really. Difference is in Waggott and Fisher we have people who look to be working alongside to help the playing side rather than Dulieu who was blatantly working against it

Any cost saving this summer have been done the right away opposed to last summer which was a joke

craigSKYBLUE

Sisu take the piss cos we've got so many happy clappy spineless fans. I can't think of any other club that would put up with such shitty owners. Newcastle fans would be rioting if they were in our boat. Maybe city fans and sisu deserve one another.
Considering our squad seems stronger than last seasons..I don't get you're point

Grendel

Conclusion of this thread;

Sky Blue John is not an accountant.

Perryccfc

I can't think of any other club who has a fan as boring and repetitive as you!

valiant15

For telling the truth that you mugs don't wanna believe? I thought this forum was about opinions? Great debate being told to fuck off just cos some sisu cheerleader doesn't like my post. You lot deserve eachother.

Grendel

For telling the truth that you mugs don't wanna believe? I thought this forum was about opinions? Great debate being told to feck off just cos some sisu cheerleader doesn't like my post. You lot deserve eachother.

Dont worry valiant. Yesterday the insult count was ramped up to record levels. Boring (twice), wired, obsessive all in one thread. Beat that!

valiant15

I'm used to it duffy,i couldn't give a toss what people think of me. It'll be interesting to see what happens in jan if cody has banged in 20 goals and a bid comes in for him. I'm sure he'll be sold and the usual suspects will turn a blind eye.

skybluegod

We've got rid of the passengers but also got rid of some good players but keogh and bigi were alwasy ment for higher leagues!

CUS Wyken

I despise SISU as much as anyone but I personally feel we've done as much as could considering the financial position and league were in.

We've bought in some quality and got rid of players on far too high wages for this league.

Another point, we still have one of the highest wage budgets in the league

sky blue john

Highest wage budget in the league and where does that info come from ?

Does it come from the same sources that tell us we are loseing 500k a month ?

derbyskyblue

To be fair, valiant makes a fair point; re cody. If as we all hope the season takes off cody's banging them in for fun and a bid comes in...would they cash in ??

sky blue john

Sisu have done what they have had to do and i haven't got a problem with cost cutting.
What i have a problem with is cost cutting being labelled investing !!!!

Grendel

When have they not cashed in on a player ?
Look at the juke situation !!!

I really do not understand what your problem is unless it is a prolonged hangover from them finally terminating your friends tenure.

Of course they have a large budget versus most teams in this league. Bell, wood, mcsheffrey and even baker will alone be earning 4 times the league average.

Would they sell players if they had to? Yes as would every league one club.

We are strapped financially but fisher and waggot have some vision. They have stabilised a football club previously.

You snipe but offer no alternative. What would you do if you were chairman?

Yorkshire SB

I'm used to it duffy,i couldn't give a toss what people think of me. It'll be interesting to see what happens in jan if cody has banged in 20 goals and a bid comes in for him. I'm sure he'll be sold and the usual suspects will turn a blind eye.

Well in this hypothetical situation where are we in the league? Because if we're in the top 6, then he would not be sold, as promotion would come with an increased income far greater than Cody's value. If we're 15th, then clearly something won't be right and I'm sure Cody would fetch 1 million plus, which could be used to rebuild a squad.
This club could barely operate, financially, in the Championship, it cannot operate in League 1, we need to get out of it and those in charge understand this.

As for the original post, you claim we have brought in 9 free transfers? Interesting as we have definitely paid for Barton and definitely paid something for Fleck. Not to mention signing on fees for all 9 players and agency fees on top. I would hazard a guess we've spent at least 600k this summer, which funnily enough is exactly the figure we owe in rent!

Colonel Mustard

When have they not cashed in on a player ?

Gunnarsson, Clingan, Westwood? All walked at the end of their contracts which cost the club a very significant amount of money.

Look at the juke situation !!!

Thankfully they did not make the same mistake with the likes of Juke, who was about to enter the final year of his contract. A club like CCFC has to wheel and deal.

sky blue john

Gunnarsson, Clingan, Westwood? All walked at the end of their contracts which cost the club a very significant amount of money.

I meant where we were offered a fee and the only one on your list that an official offer came in for was Westwood from Celtic.

Thankfully they did not make the same mistake with the likes of Juke, who was about to enter the final year of his contract. A club like CCFC has to wheel and deal.

Why do you say thankfully that is probably the fu-cking decision that got us relegated selling Juke.

Colonel Mustard

Why do you say thankfully that is probably the fu-cking decision that got us relegated selling Juke.

"Thankfully" because the club had already bled enough money letting Westwood, Gunnarsson and Clingan walk. It is by selling players that we can actually spend money on the first team; letting players walk for free will only weaken the club.

And the decision to get us relegated was in keeping AT the manager for the whole season. CCFC's results actually improved after the sale of Juke.

sky blue john

And the decision to get us relegated was in keeping AT the manager for the whole season. CCFC's results actually improved after the sale of Juke.[/QUOTE]

So tell me who our top scorer was last season and how many did they get ?

Grendel

And the decision to get us relegated was in keeping AT the manager for the whole season. CCFC's results actually improved after the sale of Juke.

So tell me who our top scorer was last season and how many did they get ?[/QUOTE]

Juke and McSheffery were joint top scorers I believe.

However, as the Colonel correctly observes our points record was dire when he was here.

See you avoided the manager question. Oh of course you will not see this - you ignore my posts.

SkyBlue_Bear83

And the decision to get us relegated was in keeping AT the manager for the whole season.

A number of factors contributed to relegation not just the manager or players or lack of investment or boardroom unrest and not one decision by itself relegated us or would have guaranteed safety. The manager may have been a factor but not the only factor so no one decision would guarantee survival as there was still several other things wrong within the club, it was a combination of mistake after mistake that relegated us

SISU got what they wanted, they got there fall guy to take blame for relegation and they walk away blameless

Thankfully this season they appear to have learned from last season atrocity and are making steps to rectify all of the mistakes from last season. We have seen our academy upgraded, 9 new players in, a new back room staff, a replacement of manager and progress in negotiations over the Ricoh

Not one single decision but several were needed last season which are being done now

Users who are viewing this thread