Match Thread Ipswich Match Thread (2 Viewers)

Johhny Blue

That's not what people are saying at all. What is being said is if they are at risk of further injury, or just simply are not fit enough, they shouldn't play.

It's not deciding to play an inadequate team, it's saying we might HAVE to play an inadequate team.
You must have a better word than “inadequate”?

Covkid1968#

I’ve decided I’m not going. I’m going to dick around in my loft instead. I want Ipswich to get promoted but not to the point of cheering for the opposition… I’ll just check the score later. First game I’ve missed all season so not beating myself up.

Otis

I honestly didn't realise that Mark Robins was such a bad manager.

Seems he often sets us up wrong, he freezes players out, he makes the wrong subs, or makes them to late, his is tactically naive at times and now he is telling lies about the players being fatigued.

Probably time to sack him to be honest I would say.

Sky Blue Harry H

95% of players are carrying a knock all season. We may be fatigued yes, unavailable due to injury… no.
Players play with knocks all the time. Add in fatigue from the last 3.5 matches in 7 days and you risk serious injury; it's not difficult to understand (MR's already said Torp and Sheaf have injuries)

Otis

Why are you so condescending? Where did I say I would pick those fatigued players?

I know players carry knocks as I have played and managed teams my whole life.

I would not pick anyone who is carrying a knock tonight no.

How do you know who is and isn’t carrying knocks? Because saddle brains told you😭😭😭
Wasn't trying to be condescending.

Just felt you were being a bit pedantic.

Obviously there is out injured and playing injured. We have no idea what knocks and injuries most of the players are carrying. I would also say it's a fine line, because a player can be playing with an injury because there is no-one to replace them. If there was, they might very well be out injured.

We know of some of the players carrying injuries. Robins over the last few weeks has mentioned, Wright, Lati, Sheaf, Kelly, Allen and Godden. We also know that Binks could be now out for the season.

It's a fine difference, but carrying an injury obviously hampers your play

Be interested to know which players are taking painkilling injections.

Otis

Why are you so condescending? Where did I say I would pick those fatigued players?

I know players carry knocks as I have played and managed teams my whole life.

I would not pick anyone who is carrying a knock tonight no.

How do you know who is and isn’t carrying knocks? Because saddle brains told you😭😭😭
And no, because Robins said

Otis

Some absolutely mad takes in here.

Not sure which is worse, suggesting Robins is resting players for the lols or suggesting Robins should play fatigued/injured players.
I can honestly see a meltdown coming tonight if some key players are missing.

Historically, Robins hasn't been the sort to just field the kids anyway has he?

Otis

Not sure if it means anything, but Sheaf and Godden are in the match day photo for tonight.

Be a massive boost if Sheaf plays.

Screenshot_2024-04-30-18-06-49-05_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Most of the U21's and promising U18 played for the U21's today, so not going to see them on the bench. Which pretty much leaves us with the first team, who're fucked.

shmmeee

Two keepers on the bench away where others might not travel I can understand. At home I can’t though, why not stick a kid on for the experience over Wilson?

Brighton Sky Blue

Two keepers on the bench away where others might not travel I can understand. At home I can’t though, why not stick a kid on for the experience over Wilson?
Probably to prove a point like a lot of the other times he’s done it

skyblueelephant76

Because Bell has been with the squad most of the season so is more deserving than another youth player who won't get on anyway

Users who are viewing this thread