Ipswich Ratings (2 Viewers)

torchomatic

Guy in front of us swearing constantly, steward intervened and the verbal increased. Police by the stairs soon cleared the stairwells on the second half tho

Yeah, our seats were the row at the top of the stairs. All first half people stood in front of us. Stewards stood there second half. Guy near the front having a go and then one twat on the way out getting in the face of a steward.

Everyone has a ticket for their own seat. Its really not that difficult.

Otis

Picking Ayari meant we were playing with 10 men. Everyone knew beforehand we would lose with Ayari playing. Manager, as great as he is, has to carry the can for that unless King forced him to play him due to pressure from Brighton.
It's entirely possible I suppose that Brighton insisted on game time.

He looks well off it doesn't he. Almost like a little boy lost at times.

He undoubtedly has skill, but appears a bit lightweight and disappears for long periods of matches.

Last edited:

Otis

Collins 5 at fault for first goal
MVE 5 offers little going forward with his final ball and today was beaten a few times defensively
Thomas 6 steady. Improving and will be good long term
Kitching 5 at fault for the first goal
Bidwell 8 outstanding today again and more dangerous going forward than MVE ironically
Sheaf 4 dreadful today and seemed to think were were playing in blue
Eccles 6 did nothing wrong, no idea why he was taken off
Allen 6 not his best game but still was everywhere and linked the defence and attack. We are better with him in the side
Ohare 5 might be harsh but just seemed a bit anonymous. Nowhere near the player he was yet.
Ayari 1 Waste of a shirt. Waste of a squad place. He gets a 1 as he managed to put his shirt on the right way round
Wright 7 provided an outlet and got the penalty and caused them trouble at times.

Subs
Latabadieure 5 not a midfielder and nowhere near the player Eccles is in that role.
Sakamoto 7 our most dangerous player. Criminal he didnt start.
Godden 5 poor penalty and sadly the signs are there he is declining.
Simms 6 Looked lost at times and bereft of confidence BUT did score and time for him to have a run as our main striker in the Godden role
Da Silva 5 offered nothing
That's the worrying thing about Eccles. He has been great lately. Really impressed me when I have seen him, so it does make you wonder if he was withdrawn because of an injury.

I certainly hope not. 🤞

MalcSB

He undoubtedly has skill, but appears a bit lightweight and disappears for long periods of matches.
Send him back.

torchomatic

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he does.

Is it a season long loan, or just to Jan?
Season long. And it's going to be a long season.

skyblueinBaku

Collins 6 - Not sure about the first goal but nothing he could for the second, was alright

MVE 6 - Decent, final ball poor

Thomas 7 - Did well aside from a few dodgy passes and touches

Kitching 7 - Solid again, looking a good signing

Bidwell 8 - Really solid as per usual

Eccles 5 - didn’t do much before coming off

Sheaf 5 - Passing really poor today and was caught out of position a few times

O Hare 6 - Obviously not fit but improved as the game went on

Allen 5 - Didn’t do much wrong per say but was a bit absent

Ayari 2 - One word - why

Wright 6.5 - Thought he played well despite being isolated in the first half, pressured from the top and won the ball on a couple of occasions

Godden 4 - didn’t do anything aside from missing the pen

Sakamoto 8 - most lively and creative yet again

Simms 6 - didn’t have much time but proved a handful

Dasilva 5 - didn’t do much after coming on but played a nice ball towards the end

Lati 5.5 - Did alright but he’s much better in defence compared to midfield
* per se

covboy9

Collins 6
Van ewijk 6 a lot to learn just isn’t brave enough or inspiring
Bidwell 7 given a tough time down the left but stuck at it
Thomas 5 Barton was right error prone and headless chicken did improve 2nd half but damage done
Kitching 7 solid both halves
Eccles 6 surprised to see him hooked did ok
Sheaf 5 a rare off day passing way off
Ayari ? You gotta be joking, slow lightweight gutless
Allen 5 first touch and passing appalling can’t fault effort
Ohare 5 gonna take time way off the pace and devoid of any confidence today was not the day to start him
Wright 6 actually good first half, quick but not brave or clever

subs

sakamoto 7 lacks a bit of quality but industrious and pepped up team
Godden 5 worryingly off the pace
Lati 5 not good enough on ball out of position
Simms 5 donkey but tries
De silva 5 does something good then something shit

think robins got tactics right but 1st half we were allover the place but more worryingly poor in possession and passing was terrible robins cudda gone 5-4-1 first half and just soaked up pressure, 1st goal was unacceptable in first ten mins of game

2nd half bit better but we lack quality even tho Ipswich were out on their feet, I don’t think players have belief atm we are a grinding team but not exciting in anyway 4231 doesn’t work with a massive gap between 2 and 3, robins right it was all a bit timid

we are an upper midtable team at best but for for first time in years we have a bench capable of improving team

Sky Blue Harry H

Guy in front of us swearing constantly, steward intervened and the verbal increased. Police by the stairs soon cleared the stairwells on the second half tho
I was on the end of the row in that area (correct seat) and was constantly being barged/leant on by 'aisle dwellers' who tried to avoid stewards by adding an imaginary seat to the end of the row. At least one family of 3 in the aisle who argued/laughed/got gobby with police and stewards. Never once looked like they tried to find their allocated seats. As you say, police helped clear the area for the second half (and got abuse for it).

clint van damme

I was on the end of the row in that area (correct seat) and was constantly being barged/leant on by 'aisle dwellers' who tried to avoid stewards by adding an imaginary seat to the end of the row. At least one family of 3 in the aisle who argued/laughed/got gobby with police and stewards. Never once looked like they tried to find their allocated seats. As you say, police helped clear the area for the second half (and got abuse for it).

Not that anyone sat in their allocated seats before but now we have the points system people aren't getting seats together so are just going to sit wherever with their mates its not going to change.

stevefloyd

I didn't follow the game at all, but have read through the threads.

Lots of comments of us losing the game before we even kicked off because of Robins' team selection.

I did notice though that so many have said that Sheaf had a very poor game today. Well recently he has been brilliant and possibly the MOTM in a game or two

So he had an off day. Robins wouldn't have known he was going to have an off day before the game. Surely if Sheaf had been on his game, we would have played a lot better wouldn't we?

I know tactics can lose you games. But so also can players having an off day.

Or are people saying he had a bad game because of the tactics and formation?
The problem was Eccles and Allen too also had bad games and playing Ayari, as it seems an obligation, even though he hasn't done anything remotely like winning a starting place was very strange, so Sheaf was our only midfield player but probably under that much pressure it was inevitable that he was going to crumble add to that O'Hare isn't fit enough atm to be starting games although just before he was taken off started to play a lot more like the O'Hare pre injury. I would definitely concur that Robins had a lot to do with how we played. We don't know how much or if indeed Sakamoto was injured/tired but he was like a breath of fresh air in the 2nd half and we upped our game. I don't know what Robins actually said after the game but it should (but wouldn't be) "I messed up today with team selection and when I saw it going wrong in the first half I left it until half time to do anything about it" !

covboy9

Heard one bloke say he had a ticket but no seat🤷🏻‍♂️

Sky Blue Harry H

Not that anyone sat in their allocated seats before but now we have the points system people aren't getting seats together so are just going to sit wherever with their mates its not going to change.
Feel sorry for those who have their seats usurped, but at times I felt like the front line of defence for our row, and spent a good deal of the first half having to lean against the aisle dwellers to stay upright, whilst having vape smoke blown in my face as a reward, Don't know why these people hadn't got their seats, but made zero attempts to locate them from my perspective.

Grendel

He’s hardly played - clubs can’t insist on game time and I doubt he will be here next season

clint van damme

He’s hardly played - clubs can’t insist on game time and I doubt he will be here next season

See my earlier post, maybe they can't insist on game time, I wouldnt know, but they can make the loaning club pick up the tab for his wages or part of his wages if the player doesn't play X amount of minutes.

There was a report on 5live about it though Brighton weren't mentioned so that may not be what's going on with Ayari.

Johhny Blue

Collins 5 at fault for first goal
MVE 5 offers little going forward with his final ball and today was beaten a few times defensively
Thomas 6 steady. Improving and will be good long term
Kitching 5 at fault for the first goal
Bidwell 8 outstanding today again and more dangerous going forward than MVE ironically
Sheaf 4 dreadful today and seemed to think were were playing in blue
Eccles 6 did nothing wrong, no idea why he was taken off
Allen 6 not his best game but still was everywhere and linked the defence and attack. We are better with him in the side
Ohare 5 might be harsh but just seemed a bit anonymous. Nowhere near the player he was yet.
Ayari 1 Waste of a shirt. Waste of a squad place. He gets a 1 as he managed to put his shirt on the right way round
Wright 7 provided an outlet and got the penalty and caused them trouble at times.

Subs
Latabadieure 5 not a midfielder and nowhere near the player Eccles is in that role.
Sakamoto 7 our most dangerous player. Criminal he didnt start.
Godden 5 poor penalty and sadly the signs are there he is declining.
Simms 6 Looked lost at times and bereft of confidence BUT did score and time for him to have a run as our main striker in the Godden role
Da Silva 5 offered nothing
Serious question . Did you see the game?

Brighton Sky Blue

On all the evidence Ayari should be relegated to the U23s as Gyo was to prove that he deserves a first team squad place. If Brighton complain just show tapes of his appearances so far.

torchomatic

Heard one bloke say he had a ticket but no seat🤷🏻‍♂️
Got there about 2.15. Straight to our seats, no problem. A few people sat next to us and then at 2.45 these blokes said to those next to us, "you're in our seats", but they refused to move. Amazing what selfish cunts some fans are.

steve101

I didn't follow the game at all, but have read through the threads.

Lots of comments of us losing the game before we even kicked off because of Robins' team selection.

I did notice though that so many have said that Sheaf had a very poor game today. Well recently he has been brilliant and possibly the MOTM in a game or two

So he had an off day. Robins wouldn't have known he was going to have an off day before the game. Surely if Sheaf had been on his game, we would have played a lot better wouldn't we?

I know tactics can lose you games. But so also can players having an off day.

Or are people saying he had a bad game because of the tactics and formation?
True, there were some under performers. However, due to the changes we looked unsure and the natural connections and understanding which had come together in last couple of matches, were not there. Hard for anyone to be on their A game in these circumstances

Last edited:

Esoterica

True, there were some under performers. However, due to the changes we looked unsure and the natural connections and understanding which had come together in last couple of matches, we're not there. Hard for anyone to be on their A game in these circumstances
I think that was exactly the case for Sheaf yesterday. Thought he actually did very well in terms of interceptions and turnover of the play (first goal aside) but every time he got the ball, there was little movement or natural width in front of him. Ayari, Allen and O'Hare are essentially 2 number 8s and a number 10, all dropping into the same half spaces, very flat as a result and very easy to mark. It left him taking too many touches, playing telegraphed passes, or lumping a ball over the top for Wright to chase, on his own against 3 defenders. Sheaf looked poor because of it, but it was very much a symptom of the personnel in front of him playing in a formation no-one was familiar with.

Calista

Some (nearly all) of the comments about Ayari are excessive (1/10 etc.). Yes, we can all see he's lightweight for this environment, but he was superbly involved in a great move in the first half. I don't think he should be starting games, especially a tough one like yesterday's. But he has talent and to my eyes at least is showing signs of finding his feet a bit. Hope he'll contribute something useful before the season is out, but starting him yesterday was definitely a surprise.

rob9872

Got there about 2.15. Straight to our seats, no problem. A few people sat next to us and then at 2.45 these blokes said to those next to us, "you're in our seats", but they refused to move. Amazing what selfish cunts some fans are.
We had that once. I said ok enjoy the match and stood in front of them. I'm not the smallest and I don't think they enjoyed the restricted view and soon moved.

MalcSB

I think that was exactly the case for Sheaf yesterday. Thought he actually did very well in terms of interceptions and turnover of the play (first goal aside) but every time he got the ball, there was little movement or natural width in front of him. Ayari, Allen and O'Hare are essentially 2 number 8s and a number 10, all dropping into the same half spaces, very flat as a result and very easy to mark. It left him taking too many touches, playing telegraphed passes, or lumping a ball over the top for Wright to chase, on his own against 3 defenders. Sheaf looked poor because of it, but it was very much a symptom of the personnel in front of him playing in a formation no-one was familiar with.
Ayari is more a number 2.

Evo1883

A quiet night for the Godden apologists ……
People don't need to apologise for matty godden , the lad is currently out of form .. I gave him the lowest rating against millwall too I believe .. so who is quiet ? He was the worst player in the team yesterday , I think that's a common opinion .

Fans like you however give him no credit when he plays well or scores but jump on him when he plays like yesterday
. It's best he's taken out of the team before his confidence just falls apart completely

steve101

People don't need to apologise for matty godden , the lad is currently out of form .. I gave him the lowest rating against millwall too I believe .. so who is quiet ? He was the worst player in the team yesterday , I think that's a common opinion .

Fans like you however give him no credit when he plays well or scores but jump on him when he plays like yesterday
. It's best he's taken out of the team before his confidence just falls apart completely
Yep, Godden deserves more respect. A player can be out of form and have limitations (pace) but let's remember how important a player he has been for us. Even with him missing a penalty, I have more faith in him putting an opportunity away in the box than any other player we have. He gives his all and imo doesn't deserve the denigration he gets from some quarters.

Users who are viewing this thread