Is CCFC agreement at CBS still valid under Ashley? (2 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

Council are freeholders... they have to agree any transfer of lease from acl, and have the power to write in whether the conditions of sub lease should remain...
Doug King said:
I have had a look at it (the lease) and yes, I think that it’s really in our option if we walk away, and we obviously have no intention of doing that.

ACL still exists, there is no transfer to be made.

NorthernWisdom

We really need to stop with this automatic 'council bad' batshit conspiracy nonsense, it's as crazy as going all in on the SISU evil line. Sometimes, things just... happen. Sometimes of course, council *can* be bad, but the nonsense distracts from the times when they do need to be held to account, much as it did when Joy Seppala was eating everybody's babies. Over the past couple of days we have had CCFC's new owner admit that SISU didn't have the cash to bid for the stadium, and his deal meant they were late to the party - nothing there in CCC stopping SISU from bidding. We have also had the new owner say the lease is valid and there is no reason it wouldn't be really, as the company it's agreed with is still there.

Meanwhile we have administrators, and stadium company, and Frasers Group all making a point that they want to work with CCFC, and many of those self-same people making a point of thanking CCFC for their co-operation through this process.

Ultimately, the reason SISU don't own the stadium now is because SISU didn't have the cash to own the stadium. That's it, pure and simple.

Nick

Administrator
As it is still ACL and the lease is in place and the other agreements, what I don't get is how the debt is all wiped out and vanishes but those agreements stay?

Surely if ACL owe Dave the signmaker £6000 then that is an agreement which would still stand?

shepardo01

ACL still exists, there is no transfer to be made.
Honestly not sure how it works.. as we know, it is a tangled Web of companies, and two versions of ACL were under scrutiny today...
But this is what I was told.. .. and by somebody who should know...
I did not delve deeper - you/smmee could be right, but think something like this has been said all along!

NorthernWisdom

Honestly not sure how it works.. as we know, it is a tangled Web of companies, and two versions of ACL were under scrutiny today...
But this is what I was told.. .. and by somebody who should know...
I did not delve deeper - you/smmee could be right, but think something like this has been said all along!
If it's the same person who told you SISU were stopped from bidding, then they were wrong there.

shmmeee

As it is still ACL and the lease is in place and the other agreements, what I don't get is how the debt is all wiped out and vanishes but those agreements stay?

Surely if ACL owe Dave the signmaker £6000 then that is an agreement which would still stand?

Doesn’t the Ashley sale basically pay off the bond holders? Was there other debt?

shmmeee

CCFC were a creditor for example.
Compass were another.

Do those agreements all stay in place or are they wiped out?

I assume some kind of CVA will have been part of Ashley’s bid. Even if it offered nothing it would have been deemed better for the creditors than liquidation.

NorthernWisdom

It gets voted through and the option is there to oppose but ultimately, Dave has to suck it up if he refuses as he's a minor creditor in the grand scheme of things, so can get subsumed by the majority. He might be even worse off if he's an unsecured creditor.

Nick

Administrator
I think FG has just acquired the long leasehold shmmeee. ACL is now in administration and will ultimately be dissolved once any other assets are realised and distributions made to creditors

So effectively, once it's not with ACL the agreements go anyway?

NorthernWisdom

I think FG has just acquired the long leasehold shmmeee. ACL is now in administration and will ultimately be dissolved once any other assets are realised and distributions made to creditors
In which case I'll withdraw part of my rant, but certainly won't withdraw the assumption that bad things will happen. Our new owner seems happy it's secure and, if he's wrong, what does that say about his judgement, along with the person who sold him the club?

fernandopartridge

But the terms of the lease will be the same, it's been assigned presumably at the consent of the freeholder

Gynnsthetonic

They'd be due £1800 back not the full 6k

Grendel

If it's the same person who told you SISU were stopped from bidding, then they were wrong there.

I have made a direct purchase of a lease where the council owns the freehold - we agreed the price but had to get permission through assignment from ccc as the freehold owner

fernandopartridge

I have made a direct purchase of a lease where the council owns the freehold - we agreed the price but had to get permission through assignment from ccc as the freehold owner
I've seen some lease terms and assignment consent seems pretty boilerplate in commercial leases

MalcSB

ACL 2006 holds and manages the head lease from CCC whilst ACL is responsible for operational management of the arena business. IEC was majority owned by ACL.

As I understand it, those 3 companies went in to administration and were immediately bought by House of Fraser Group. Assets won’t be realised for distribution, HoF payment for the three companies is the totality of what is available for distribution to creditors from those 3 companies, There is no need for them to be dissolved and it would be in the new owners interest to maintain all current contracts for use of the stadium in place. But hopefully not Wasps!

Users who are viewing this thread