Is Greggs MIA? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David O'Day

He's raging!

I bet he has smashed a few plates in his squat :)

Astute

The other irony that seems lost on people here is that the poster clearly has some mental health issues. He has. This again was mocked which hardly helped matters either.

Yet we are apparently - according to the majority on this forum it seems - supposed to offer tea and sympathy to a brutal murderer who slaughtered two young students and a loving father grand father

What an odd place of double standards it can be at times
Irony?

Look back to the mental health thread. I bared my soul for all to see. I did it in hope it might help others. You don’t seem to have a clue how much damage you do to people with your stupid comments. That's why I have you on ignore.

But there's one thing I can say. Although I have mental health issues and other problems that affect the way my head works I still know right from wrong. I know how bad racism hurts people. I know I'm not as articulate as others. I'm not thick like you seem to enjoy making out I am. My head just works in a different way.

You however don't seem to have the brainpower to work out the damage your comments make. You may be intelligent in some ways but are bottom in the class in others and refuse to be educated in them.

Darth Robins

One guarantees the other.

So are you trying to say here that Greggs shouldn't be banned for posting racist shit? We should just let people post whatever they want and not care?

Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence, if you get banned from a private web forum for being a twat then that's on you. This place would be a far better if the same 5 people weren't in every thread carrying on their petty spats because they have nothing better to do.

covcity4life

Yes he was against both the R=R Hatred Act 2006 and the Equality Act 2010.

You may not like the law but it is what it is.

Why for someone who claims to hate racism always seem to end up defending it?

You're raging and it's over you defending racism. This is brilliant!

Oh you're done for good here now.
Hopefully others now see him for what he is. No one can deny the pattern anymore.

Love that this is all happening thanks to Kasey Palmer too. Couldn't script it!!

mmttww

I started this thread to check if someone was ok. Someone's confirmed he is. Close thread. Keep the non-football bunfight to wherever you normally have it.

fatso

1) The opening two sentences is emotional conjecture. My opinion is free speech is absolute, and any ideas people hold should be discussed openly so that they can be eradicated intellectually, rather than brushed under the rug to fester, and manifest themselves in ways we as a society dont want (see sheff weds).

2) I am aware that certain speech is illegal, you seem to think I hold institutions and the like as infallible. My point isnt that absolute free speech is legal, my point is that i think it should be.

3) See point 1.

4) I can respond to flippant remarks in kind.

5) I note you dont address his racist remarks against the white male demographic, any reason?

This whole game is a race to the bottom. If the issue is Greggs has made comments about groups as a whole in a negative connotation and that is therefore hate speech, and this forum wants to report him, by the same token Astute should also be referred. All red hot for the former yet the later seems incomprehensible. You lack consistency.
Unfortunately, It's impossible to eradicate hate with intelect or by making it illegal.

And banning topics just stops rational conversation around issues that need to be addressed.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

1) The opening two sentences is emotional conjecture. My opinion is free speech is absolute, and any ideas people hold should be discussed openly so that they can be eradicated intellectually, rather than brushed under the rug to fester, and manifest themselves in ways we as a society dont want (see sheff weds).

2) I am aware that certain speech is illegal, you seem to think I hold institutions and the like as infallible. My point isnt that absolute free speech is legal, my point is that i think it should be.

3) See point 1.

4) I can respond to flippant remarks in kind.

5) I note you dont address his racist remarks against the white male demographic, any reason?

This whole game is a race to the bottom. If the issue is Greggs has made comments about groups as a whole in a negative connotation and that is therefore hate speech, and this forum wants to report him, by the same token Astute should also be referred. All red hot for the former yet the later seems incomprehensible. You lack consistency.

1) racism has been discussed, debated and dealt with intellectually in so far as there are laws in place, constantly evolving laws, to deal with it - talking about the subject is one thing but that discussion categorically should not involve actually being racist - but good try though!

2) I’m not sure what gave you that impression, however you are basically arguing it should be legal for anyone to say anything they like to or about anyone else - is this why you declined to answer my ‘emotional conjecture’, because the answer would clearly be ‘yes I would because
I believe racism is actually perfectly acceptable and should be legal’?

3) & 4) don’t make sense

5) how is the remark describing the poster racist? as far as I’m aware he is in fact a white man, so I’m not following your argument - and before you try to argue there was some wider connotation regarding every white man being racist, it doesn’t work when actually the person’s race is ENTIRELY relevant to the conversation.

you could take your point to the extreme and suggest I’m not consistent for picking up every incident of hate speech, racism, even general petty insults - I am 100% consistent in so far as I believe any hate speech, racist attitudes, acts etc should be called out and dealt with accordingly.

The particular statement you are referring to however is not racist or hate speech, and if you’re trying to turn it that way then, again, you are clutching at straws in order to try and gain back some face.

It sounds to me like you have some not very well thought out beliefs, and you wheel out the same old nonsense in support of these - probably fuelled by what you hear and see in the media. It’s also, again, ironic that you’re pedalling ‘free speech’ and yet you’re happy to shoot down anybody who doesn’t agree with you and says something different 🤔

I don’t think the majority on here want to hear from you anymore (unless I’m reading the room wrong), so I won’t be replying to any more of your posts. It’s not because I can’t, or don’t have the ability to answer any points you may raise, it’s mainly because no matter how hard you try, sometimes you just can’t teach stupid.

So are you trying to say here that Greggs shouldn't be banned for posting racist shit? We should just let people post whatever they want and not care?

Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence, if you get banned from a private web forum for being a twat then that's on you. This place would be a far better if the same 5 people weren't in every thread carrying on their petty spats because they have nothing better to do.
I've said what ive said quite clearly, you just seem desperate to put me in a camp in your mind because you live in false dichotomies of good and bad and lack the scale in your mind to grasp what youre actually arguing for.

And yes, true freedom of speech is freedom from consequences, actually. But again, we dont have that.

To the league one champs guy, cool

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

I started this thread to check if someone was ok. Someone's confirmed he is. Close thread. Keep the non-football bunfight to wherever you normally have it.

depends on your definition of ‘ok’….

why close the thread, get rid of a conversation about an important and very relevant topic? If you don’t want to contribute then don’t, and if it makes you feel uncomfortable then ignore it, but no need to stop others talking about it if they want to

Grendel

harvey098

What's the point?

Should we let people continue saying what they like with no comeback?

no I 100% think there should be punishment for public racism, I’m just saying having to change username on an internet forum is a 2 minute inconvenience and seems pointless

covcity4life

no I 100% think there should be punishment for public racism, I’m just saying having to change username on an internet forum is a 2 minute inconvenience and seems pointless
Think the mods check IP addresses etc so new accounts usually found out

curly_tom

I hope someone has left a quid in one of the trolleys so it's not a wasted journey for you :)
I think that jokes about poverty and loneliness are pretty poor taste too. I agree that those apparently defending racism or at least someone’s right be racist are wrong. This kind of ‘joke’ however undermines the argument. Also, twice recently I’ve seen the word ‘Mong’ and ´mongaloid’ used on here and no one called it out. Is ablism better than racism?

David O'Day

I think that jokes about poverty and loneliness are pretty poor taste too. I agree that those apparently defending racism or at least someone’s right be racist are wrong. This kind of ‘joke’ however undermines the argument. Also, twice recently I’ve seen the word ‘Mong’ and ´mongaloid’ used on here and no one called it out. Is ablism better than racism?
I would agree but as he has many times in the past claimed and acted like he was much richer and more successful than other people where he has even gone as far as mocking jobs he sees as beneath him I can't help but feel he has open the doors on this.

Even the post I replied to was an attempt at such.

DannyThomas_1981

Bernard Manning was an excellent comedian if you're prepared to ignore a lot of his material.
That’s a big if for me Astute and not even going to check on his material to be honest. Jim Davidson - about as far from funny as you can get - and that’s before the racism and reputation.

curly_tom

I would agree but as he has many times in the past claimed and acted like he was much richer and more successful than other people where he has even gone as far as mocking jobs he sees as beneath him I can't help but feel he has open the doors on this.

Even the post I replied to was an attempt at such.
Please don’t get me wrong, I find most of what that guy says on here to be horrible bullying. I think Greggs also. There are a few that stand out as the ones who just put people down and create fights out of nothing. You are always going to get these people in any group. It’s a shame but social media exposes you to them. They’re easy enough to avoid in normal life, for me anyway.

curly_tom

I think defending racism on the grounds of a mental health issue is problematic too. I don’t think mental health problems make a person racist. I have my share and this did not happen to me. That post by Greggs should be condemned. It was vile. Reading the comments below expose that hardly anyone called it out which is worrying (maybe I missed something).

djr8369

Fucking hell that's a scummy post.

Anyone still begging for him to come back? Still a great guy?

Posters gonna say he's not racist and ask for him back whilst saying they care about Kasey palmer being abused. Embarrassing.
Ffs.

As I said, this forum is supposed to be moderated? Too much is let go.

Ccfcisparks

Love Greggs, really great guy and has reached out to me in the past when I was struggling.

Should be brought back.

Despite this that post about Brum wasn’t a great look.

djr8369

The forum is a mess of stupid arguments and dull wind up accounts. I’ve never understand why the mods do fuck all.

It’s why I only use the forum intermittently and mainly only during transfer windows. 90% of it is nonsense.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

a) you started the thread, and b) would you not agree that a thread now talking about racism is completely ‘on’ topic given what has happened over the last week?

that’s two now shying away from the topic rather than facing up to it and calling it out….and that’s the problem - let’s bump the conversation to somewhere it won’t bother me 🙄

@mmttww and @usskyblue both rather turn a blind eye to the issue - anyone else?

mmttww

a thread now talking about racism

All I see is people trying to score points on each other. There's plenty of threads already where racism is being discussed. I've said what I have to on that subject, and I've got what I wanted from this thread. If people show they're capable of debate, I'll contribute. I don't see any of that.

covcity4life

a) you started the thread, and b) would you not agree that a thread now talking about racism is completely ‘on’ topic given what has happened over the last week?

that’s two now shying away from the topic rather than facing up to it and calling it out….and that’s the problem - let’s bump the conversation to somewhere it won’t bother me 🙄

@mmttww and @usskyblue both rather turn a blind eye to the issue - anyone else?
@wingy wanted him reinstated but not said anything since. I like him so I hope he has changed his mind

@Sick Boy very quiet. Usually jumps to Grendel's defence. Has he lost faith in his master?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread