Is it Them or Us? (1 Viewer)

Malaka

Since our demise from the Premier League, we have had numerous managers, surely not all of them have been shit? We berate a manager and demand his dismissal for his clueless approach, tactical naivety etc, just remember it aint always their fault that we have shit players, shit owners, a shit budget, other clubs have better prospects, they have been dragged in as a cheap option (Thorne) etc. Just putting it out there

gouldberg

Let's be fair here, if you work for a company who keep talking of relocating to smaller offices and cutting budgets and not really wanting to put finances/resources in to try and make something great happen, it will have an effect on your productivity. You'll struggle more to be at your best 24/7, 365, because you simply have no idea how secure your job is. If you see no chance of growth, it's easy to grow complacent.

Our owners, in my opinion, are nothing but a cloud of negativity. It surprises me not one bit to see us falling as horribly and as quickly as we are. According to a couple of ex-players I've had the luck to speak to in recent years, the atmosphere from within the club has been flat for a significant amount of years, and yes, I'd imagine CCFC is a very difficult working environment that is set up for failure. Sad really.

Nick

Administrator
Let's be fair here, if you work for a company who keep talking of relocating to smaller offices and cutting budgets and not really wanting to put finances/resources in to try and make something great happen, it will have an effect on your productivity. You'll struggle more to be at your best 24/7, 365, because you simply have no idea how secure your job is. If you see no chance of growth, it's easy to grow complacent.

Our owners, in my opinion, are nothing but a cloud of negativity. It surprises me not one bit to see us falling as horribly and as quickly as we are. According to a couple of ex-players I've had the luck to speak to in recent years, the atmosphere from within the club has been flat for a significant amount of years, and yes, I'd imagine CCFC is a very difficult working environment that is set up for failure. Sad really.

I have never understood how players and managers don't have it built in to want to win everything they do. Whether it is a cup final or training match though.

skybluetony176

The problem with SISU and indeed the club before they arrived was that they employed managers with a proven track record of getting a club from the championship to the premiership and thought that was all they needed to do. What happens off pitch has a direct correlation with what happens in the pitch.

Gazolba

Since our demise from the Premier League, we have had numerous managers, surely not all of them have been shit? We berate a manager and demand his dismissal for his clueless approach, tactical naivety etc, just remember it aint always their fault that we have shit players, shit owners, a shit budget, other clubs have better prospects, they have been dragged in as a cheap option (Thorne) etc. Just putting it out there

It all comes down to the fact that there is no magic formula for success otherwise everyone would be doing it. Only a few teams can get promoted each season so by definition most teams fall short and most managers fall short. Most clubs have their ups and downs. Success is a rare commodity that requires some special combination of owners, manager, players and fans. We have not hit on that combination since the Jimmy Hill years and are light-years away from it now. We are probably one of the least successful clubs in the entire league system in recent times.

Gazolba

I have never understood how players and managers don't have it built in to want to win everything they do. Whether it is a cup final or training match though.

Not everyone has a winning mentality. For most people good is good enough, excellence is always a rare commodity.

Danceswithhorses

The difference between good/expensive players and poor/cheap players is not just skill, it's also desire...some players just don't have that drive or ambition.
Generally, players are cheap for a reason, be that lack of skill, lack of desire, or whatever.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread