Is there something brewing? (1 Viewer)

standupforcity

I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't something going on which might just surprise us. There seems to be a just the hint of optimism about this coming season. SP has 'broken ranks' as one thread put it, we seem to be attracting a decent sort of player..why? I'm sure SP himself is a great attraction, but apart from him, why else would anyone want to join a club owned by sisu and which plays in Northampton?!! There must be something going on that makes joining CCFC right now seem like a good idea. Rumours abound of course, but as usual we are kept in the dark. The idea that negotiations might bring us back to the Ricoh is the only thing I can think of that would make the whole thing a different deal for the players SP wants to recruit.

paulw

I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't something going on which might just surprise us. There seems to be a just the hint of optimism about this coming season. SP has 'broken ranks' as one thread put it, we seem to be attracting a decent sort of player..why? I'm sure SP himself is a great attraction, but apart from him, why else would anyone want to join a club owned by sisu and which plays in Northampton?!! There must be something going on that makes joining CCFC right now seem like a good idea. Rumours abound of course, but as usual we are kept in the dark. The idea that negotiations might bring us back to the Ricoh is the only thing I can think of that would make the whole thing a different deal for the players SP wants to recruit.

At the risk of sounding negative and after I posted a prayer. We must not forget the fact that the CT have jumped on the bandwagon and making a campaign of 'getting us back to the Ricoh'. Because they are doing that their questions to 'any' new person coming into the club have change so that they ask 'pro-Ricoh' questions.
I truly believe the club will return to the Ricoh but I do have an annoyance with the CT trying to feed us - we're going back to the Ricoh - articles without them actually quoting the people in the know.

Malaka

I remember saying anything that was necessary to get women to go out with me. I think that the same principal might apply here. Say anything to get them to sign.

ccfcmustang

I must admit, personaly i also think we will be back at the Ricoh. Like people have said, we have got a really decent side. A side after tomorrows game i can leave and believe we can actually get out of this league. There has been little hints flying around that we are going to return, Swansan saying in CET that its looking likely (not quoting him) and the fact that we have actually signed a few decent players, something has got to be there. Now all we need is Jamie O'Hara, another centre forward and a return to the RIcoh. ANyone feeling a promotion party?>

LB87ccfc

I must admit, personaly i also think we will be back at the Ricoh. Like people have said, we have got a really decent side. A side after tomorrows game i can leave and believe we can actually get out of this league. There has been little hints flying around that we are going to return, Swansan saying in CET that its looking likely (not quoting him) and the fact that we have actually signed a few decent players, something has got to be there. Now all we need is Jamie O'Hara, another centre forward and a return to the RIcoh. ANyone feeling a promotion party?>

Your deffo getting way ahead of yourself.

CCFC PimpRail

You think SP is that kind of bloke?

I can't decide whether he's just a SISU stooge, or the person I feel sorry for the most. He stands more chance of getting sacked than walking away and publically criticising his employers to tell his side of the story for the poor results, whereas his team are just a bunch of un-loyal whores that'll do tricks for the highest bidder and can easily go to another team.

rupert_bear

Don't think the telegraph are jumping on the bandwagon as said earlier, I am certain they know a little more than they are letting on and I see their slowly turning the "back to the Ricoh" screw as a positive. The fact there has been very little comment from Fisher and friends I see as another positive. Could do with the CT getting hold of someone in the know in the Northampton area to see if they have been told for definite we are still playing at Shitfields next season, a copper with scrambled egg on his hat would know surely

RPHunt

The owners of Nene Park Stadium are up to something, the local authority expect a planning application in a few weeks. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-28236273

There is a covenant in place that restricts the stadium to sporting purposes, so is the owner going to challenge this covenant or does he have a football club lined up?

A football club, for instance, that might claim it has spent over 12 months and a lot of money trying to find a site to build a new stadium without any success.

J

Jack Griffin

The owners of Nene Park Stadium are up to something, the local authority expect a planning application in a few weeks. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-28236273

There is a covenant in place that restricts the stadium to sporting purposes, so is the owner going to challenge this covenant or does he have a football club lined up?

A football club, for instance, that might claim it has spent over 12 months and a lot of money trying to find a site to build a new stadium without any success.

They probably want to sell the site for housing & make a packet.. the owners are simply being diplomatic in saying they would like footy to return there.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
You know what is interesting is where these stories about a return being imminent are coming from. It seems to me that ACL & CCC have said nothing since the statements a week ago. ACL have made their conditions clear and CCC wont say anything we know whilst under legal threat. Pretty certain that to date there has been no contact made. Only TF is saying anything ............ plus regular little snippets from manager and players............ :thinking about:

There is a growing feeling I have that the fans emotions are being played with........ hope I am wrong. I am waiting for the "they wouldn't talk to us" or they wouldn't give us what we want" and "therefore there are no negotiations"...........

Three weeks until the season starts ..... that's 15 working days to get a return negotiated ..... I just don't see it happening

Last edited:

shmmeee

I wonder how much is driven by the Telegraph's #bringCityhome thing TBH. They seem to be asking everyone for comment.

wingy

You know what is interesting is where these stories about a return being imminent are coming from. It seems to me that ACL & CCC have said nothing since the statements a week ago. ACL have made their conditions clear and CCC wont say anything we know whilst under legal threat. Pretty certain that to date there has been no contact made. Only TF is saying anything ............ plus regular little snippets from manager and players............ :thinking about:

There is a growing feeling I have that the fans emotions are being played with........ hope I am wrong. I am waiting for the "they wouldn't talk to us" or they wouldn't give us what we want" and "therefore there are no negotiations"...........

Three weeks until the season starts ..... that's 15 working days to get a return negotiated ..... I just don't see it happening

Expect to see something next week as their own deadline passes today.

J

Jack Griffin

I can't understand why posters on here think something is happening.. if you look back this time last year I think the same hopes were expressed, .... but no talks were happening then & they ain't happening now.

skybluebal

They probably want to sell the site for housing & make a packet.. the owners are simply being diplomatic in saying they would like footy to return there.

Most likely more profitable than a football club. I am also quite sure that Nene Park is not in the Coventry area , unless I missed the coup :)

Users who are viewing this thread