Is this board infested with SISU? (3 Viewers)

Delboycov

Godiva's entire posting career ;)

Never seen a post from him talking about the football other than of course the 'infamous' championing the 'text a sub' idea! SISU plant or completely clueless! Sorry Godiva, I know you will say you post loads not supporting SISU but I've just never seen it!

DazzleTommyDazzle

Odd memories isn't it?

Mine recall both Darby and Marsden coming in on loan together, Darby signing a permanent contract post-haste (well, you would wouldn't you!) while we cunningly let Marsden play so well on loan, others worked out he might be worth an offer.

And it was only once he'd gone we went for our fallback option, the supreme being that was Sandy Robertson.

I think that Darby was the first signing, then Ally Pickering and then Marsden on loan. You may be right that there wasn't much time between them.

I remember Darby being in the stands to watch us play at Oldham in a League Cup game (we lost and Roy Wegerle was sent off for arguing with the Ref after being given offside). Darby signed a couple of days later - I remember him commenting how impressed he'd been at the away support.

In my memory that was something like late October - I remember it was cold, but it always was at Oldham. I'm pretty sure that Marsden arrived something like late November.

Delboycov

What utter shite, and absolute paranoia. If SISU, as you say, don't give a toss about the fans, why would they go to the effort of planting people on this forum? They couldn't give a flying fuck what is said on here.
My stance is that whilst I don't support SISU (they have made many poor decisions, are partially to blame for the relegation and their communication with the fans is pitiful), I do believe that ACL are as much to blame for the current situation as SISU. The club have never been able to afford such high rent, ACL have known this for the past 8 years, and yet they have never offered to restructure the deal to help the club achieve a manageable method of rent payment ensuring the club's sustainability and future. SISU inherited a mess, and have funded that mess for years.
ACL and SISU have had messy negotiations and now there is no deal to be done. There are two sides to a negotiation (a negotiation which we fans don't actually know a great deal about). I can guarantee it was never part of the SISU plan to organise a ground-share with Northampton.

I think it's quite obvious why they would plant people on the biggest CCFC forum on the internet...revenue! They HAVE to sway popular opinion against them or else they die. However as you can ' Guarantee" it was never part of the SISU plan to organise ground-share with Northampton then you must be part of the inner circle otherwise you would be as clueless as the rest of us as to what the feck they are playing at. Deluded! Also we know the part of the negotiations where ACL climbed down from demanding 1.2Million to £400,000 and TF shook on it only to subsequently renege on the deal....as you say it takes 2 sides to negotiate but unfortunately when 1 side only wants to get their grubby hands on a prime piece of real estate for feck all then it makes 'negotiating' very difficult!

Last edited:

lordsummerisle

Never seen a post from him talking about the football other than of course the 'infamous' championing the 'text a sub' idea! SISU plant or completely clueless! Sorry Godiva, I know you will say you post loads not supporting SISU but I've just never seen it!

He posted for a long time on GMK before Sisu were were a twinkle in Uncle Joe's eye!

Always been supportive of them, though to be fair to him when "transferred" over here he didn't reinvent himself as a frothing anti-Sisu zealot.

lordsummerisle

I think that Darby was the first signing, then Ally Pickering and then Marsden on loan. You may be right that there wasn't much time between them.

I remember Darby being in the stands to watch us play at Oldham in a League Cup game (we lost and Roy Wegerle was sent off for arguing with the Ref after being given offside). Darby signed a couple of days later - I remember him commenting how impressed he'd been at the away support.

In my memory that was something like late October - I remember it was cold, but it always was at Oldham. I'm pretty sure that Marsden arrived something like late November.

Remember Darby was actually brilliant against Spurs away when we won 3-1 second game from the end of the season when we had to win to stay up.

Nifty little back-heel to Strachan(who was superb) who set up Dublin.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Remember Darby was actually brilliant against Spurs away when we won 3-1 second game from the end of the season when we had to win to stay up.

Nifty little back-heel to Strachan(who was superb) who set up Dublin.

He also scored twice when we beat Blackburn 2-1 at Highfield Road to make Man Utd Champions.

NorthernWisdom

His goal record wasn't that bad really considering we had a knack of midfielders who never scored.

Sometimes wonder if we were a bit harsh on the lad, as although crap he could at least stick the ball in the net from midfield.

Delboycov

He posted for a long time on GMK before Sisu were were a twinkle in Uncle Joe's eye!

Always been supportive of them, though to be fair to him when "transferred" over here he didn't reinvent himself as a frothing anti-Sisu zealot.

Fair enough Lord....and fair play to him if so. Do remember him from GMK because I used to spend most of my time on there sparring with him about the relative merits or otherwise of SISU. It has surprised me somewhat to see some of those that were the biggest SISU champions at the start....and I'm not knocking them because they did sell the dream well at 1st....now realising what we were letting ourselves in for!

DazzleTommyDazzle

His goal record wasn't that bad really considering we had a knack of midfielders who never scored.

Sometimes wonder if we were a bit harsh on the lad, as although crap he could at least stick the ball in the net from midfield.

True. Think he sometimes suffered from being seen as "Phil Neal's favourite".

I'm sure there was a story going round that they were related by marriage, but I have no idea if that was true.

We've certainly seen a lot worse wearing the Sky Blue though!

NorthernWisdom

It has surprised me somewhat to see some of those that were the biggest SISU champions at the start....and I'm not knocking them because they did sell the dream well at 1st....now realising what we were letting ourselves in for!

I'd rather they realised late than not at all, it's just the born again fundamentalism that makes it a bit hard to attempt to say anything other than GRRR I hate SISU! that does not a great discussion board make!

NorthernWisdom

We've certainly seen a lot worse wearing the Sky Blue though!

Stick him in the side instead of one of the hundreds of deep lying midfielders we've loved since relegation, who barely dare cross the halfway line, and our seasons wouldb have been so much better!

Is something that whatever their failings as managers (and they had plenty!) both Neal and Gould had, they both realised a side needed certain types of players to function, rather than just play the best footballers regardless.

Paxman II

I think it's quite obvious why they would plant people on the biggest CCFC forum on the internet...revenue! They HAVE to sway popular opinion against them or else they die. However as you can ' Guarantee" it was never part of the SISU plan to organise ground-share with Northampton then you must be part of the inner circle otherwise you would be as clueless as the rest of us as to what the feck they are playing at. Deluded! Also we know the part of the negotiations where ACL climbed down from demanding 1.2Million to £400,000 and TF shook on it only to subsequently renege on the deal....as you say it takes 2 sides to negotiate but unfortunately when 1 side only wants to get their grubby hands on a prime piece of real estate for feck all then it makes 'negotiating' very difficult!

Now there's yet another example of putting something out there that is not accurate. Unless you were in that room you can't possibly know can you? You may believe what one side say and not the other but you were not there. How do you possibly know they want their grubby hands on the Ricoh? Have they at anytime said so or is that once again what everyone has been saying it must be?

What we need now is some clarity with statements from both sides, something each are not doing. pretty despicable tbh.

Delboycov

Now there's yet another example of putting something out there that is not accurate. Unless you were in that room you can't possibly know can you? You may believe what one side say and not the other but you were not there. How do you possibly know they want their grubby hands on the Ricoh? Have they at anytime said so or is that once again what everyone has been saying it must be?

What we need now is some clarity with statements from both sides, something each are not doing. pretty despicable tbh.

Agree with your last statement there Pax but are you seriously saying you believe TF's statement that the handshake was to say goodbye?! I think PKWH said about the meeting and the handshake and what subsequently followed that he would be prepared to take a lie detector test to prove what had happened at that meeting so, yes and certainly on previous form I'm definitely inclined to believe their version of events rather than TF's and deep down, even though neither of us were in the room I reckon you probably do too ;)

*Also no doubt about ACL climbing down from demanding £1.2M to £400,000 as that was apparently acceptable so probably not appropriate to highlight that bit!*

Last edited:

Grendel

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes more empty press releases will have the situation resolved. Holdings could switch the players' registrations back to Limited and hey presto there's no excuse for not accepting the rent free proposal. Still, why would they do anything that obeyed commonsense?

Grendel

That must have been in the first game of the season when he made his debut alongside our other big summer signing - Gary Collier!

The pair cost £600,000 between them. Collier ended up in the states and jones I think went to Japan? Very odd signings

DazzleTommyDazzle

The pair cost £600,000 between them. Collier ended up in the states and jones I think went to Japan? Very odd signings

And Collier was the first player to move under freedom of contract!

I think we at least got our money back on him when he went to the States.

DazzleTommyDazzle

A year or so after we signed Collier I was being interviewed for a job with Coopers, the accountants.

The partner was a Bristol City fan ( well, to be fair, the job was in Bristol) and the whole 90 minute interview was spent discussing Collier's transfer and its ramifications.

lordsummerisle

A year or so after we signed Collier I was being interviewed for a job with Coopers, the accountants.

The partner was a Bristol City fan ( well, to be fair, the job was in Bristol) and the whole 90 minute interview was spent discussing Collier's transfer and its ramifications.

Did you get the job though??

Grendel

And Collier was the first player to move under freedom of contract!

I think we at least got our money back on him when he went to the States.

Didn't he go to Detroit express? Strangely the club funded by us via jimmy hill?

lordsummerisle

Didn't he go to Detroit express? Strangely the club funded by us via jimmy hill?

How unpopular then was Jimmy Hill as Chairman? Seems strange now, with him deified with a statue, and huge love-ins, but was really hated around that time by an awful lot of fans. He used to go horse-riding in the village I lived in with friends who had the other half of the Vicarage that my best mate lived in(his dad the vicar, he and his sister all had season tickets for Cov, but his sister never wanted to go so I used to use her ticket). All the kids would give him loads of abuse when seeing on his horse, but mostly because of Match of the Day I suppose. To be fair he did get us a tour of the Connexion and to meet the players, I got Tommy English's autograph, just how much is that worth today??

Grendel

How unpopular then was Jimmy Hill as Chairman? Seems strange now, with him deified with a statue, and huge love-ins, but was really hated around that time by an awful lot of fans. He used to go horse-riding in the village I lived in with friends who had the other half of the Vicarage that my best mate lived in(his dad the vicar, he and his sister all had season tickets for Cov, but his sister never wanted to go so I used to use her ticket). All the kids would give him loads of abuse when seeing on his horse, but mostly because of Match of the Day I suppose. To be fair he did get us a tour of the Connexion and to meet the players, I got Tommy English's autograph, just how much is that worth today??

Tommy English? Yes the punk rock striker. His autograph must have been an x.

Hill was not that popular. We lost a lot of money on the American project which could have worked but failed and nearly ruined the club.

After that we had tha all seater shambles and a desperate crowd base. A protest ensued when the crowd invaded the pitch shouting "kill kill kill jimmy hill" against Birmingham I believe and he resigned.

Time is a great healer.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Tommy English? Yes the punk rock striker. His autograph must have been an x.

Hill was not that popular. We lost a lot of money on the American project which could have worked but failed and nearly ruined the club.

After that we had tha all seater shambles and a desperate crowd base. A protest ensued when the crowd invaded the pitch shouting "kill kill kill jimmy hill" against Birmingham I believe and he resigned.

Time is a great healer.

Tommy English had the unenviable task of trying to take over from Ian Wallace.

JH was always a bit ahead of his time. Mostly it worked for him, but sometimes it didn't.

He certainly had his moments of unpopularity while he was Chairman.

He made me cry when I heard that Dennis Mortimer had been sold to Villa.....

Delboycov

Tommy English used to live across the road from me when I was a kid...used to walk round with his blonde girlfriend like he owned the street! My abiding memory of him was when he got his hair dyed blonde and was combing his hair on the pitch as Everton scored number 5 in a 0-5 win! Ended up at Colchester I think and married Sue who was my fit hairdresser at Sweeney Todd's down Gosford Street ;)

georgehudson

in answer to your question NTFC yes, is the answer,
i suspect primarily because they have to be seen to be communicating with the fans,
so plant a few on a forum & no-one will notice,
& the FL will be hugely impressed,
yadda yadda
FOS

dongonzalos

If I am suspicious you guys must surely smell a rat!

Not all :) they will even question you over this opinion. Even though you have spotted it, as an unbiased outsider.
Yet you will still be called a conspiracy theorists.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Lets see:

1. This board is infested with Sisu.

2. Sisu are all Mormons and it's a Mormon plot

3. Conor Thomas mentioning "yo-Yo" on Twitter means that we're going to be playing in Birmingham, as, apparently. "yo-yo" is slang for Birmingham people like "yam-yam" is for people from the Black Country.

4. 911 was all a CIA plot.

5. The Moon landings were all fake and filmed in the Arizona desert.

6. Elvis shot JFK.

7. Shergar killed Elvis.

8. Lord Lucan killed Shergar.

9. John Lennon killed Lord Lucan.

10. Video killed the Radio Star.

I genuinely had not read the rest of this thread when I predictably told the guy from Northampton who is a neutral and was pointing out the obvious, that he was about to be called a conspiracy theorist

dongonzalos

Nobody is infiltrating the board and nobody is trying to manipula- OBEY THE HYPNOTOAD

All_Glory_to_the_Hypno_Toad.gif

Jesus
Don't do that shit
I was happily drinking wine watching Alfie :(
Time for bed

Users who are viewing this thread