Is this the last season at The Ricoh? (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

Can anyone see SISU agreeing a new rental agreement after this one finishes next May?

Considering Chris's relationship with Wasps right now, it's up in the air... again.

Nick

Administrator
I can see it, it doesn't expire until the end of the 2017/2018 season does it?

It's Wasps that aren't agreeing anything isn't it?

tom88

I'm not sure whats going to happen, I cant see what SISU are going to do. To be honest I doubt they do either

I strongly believe we will be taken over by Wasps in the near future.

bawtryneal

Can anyone see SISU agreeing a new rental agreement after this one finishes next May?

Considering Chris's relationship with Wasps right now, it's up in the air... again.

We are definitely here until end of 2017/2018 season under current deal
I am sure we will be at the Ricoh beyond that as well. No were else to go really !!!

Captain Dart

I'm sure it will go to the wire. Tons of time yet.

I think both parties will be interested in progress of legal proceedings before commitment & I can't see SISU pulling out (yet).

bawtryneal

How do you know what his relationship with Wasps is like. It might be very good.

Skybluenutterman

Based on the shambles off the pitch and the match day experience, I think so. We haven't got 2 brass beans and everything is being stripped from our club!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Should we await the outrage and rumours that we are leaving at the end of this season?

Colin Steins Smile

This will not be CCFC's last season at the Ricoh. It's in Wasps interest to have as many income sources as possible. Why would they turn down money for a minimal disruption to their business. The only reason for CCFC to leave is if they decide it's in the clubs best interest

This will not be CCFC's last season at the Ricoh. It's in Wasps interest to have as many income sources as possible. Why would they turn down money for a minimal disruption to their business. The only reason for CCFC to leave is if they decide it's in the clubs best interest
Like it was when sisu took us to shitfields? From what it looks like to me is wasps have said drop legal crap sisu keep losing and then we could get a better/ new deal

Otis

I'm not sure whats going to happen, I cant see what SISU are going to do. To be honest I doubt they do either

I strongly believe we will be taken over by Wasps in the near future.
Okay, just as a little bit of fun (or nightmare scenario for many), what would be the threshold at which you would no longer support the club if this fantasy was ever to happen?

Let's just pretend for a moment that this is an option.

At what point would you stop supporting?

A. The very point of Wasps simply taking over.

B. Wasps taking over and changing our kit colour

C. Wasps taking over and changing our kit and our name to include 'Wasps' in the title.

And is there anyone who would accept all of the above?

jimmyhillsfanclub

"A" would be shit, but we've already got a set of cunts as owners so it would just be a different set of cunts.

"B" would be a massive kick in the bollocks.....especially if they branded our kit to match their rugby colours which is what I assume you allude to....

"C" would be the final straw......I'd probably go to one final game & attempt to cause as much damage to their ground, pitch & infrastructure I could before getting nicked.....

good job this is hypothetical eh!

Esoterica

Fuck my life. Do you lot not get bored of arguing the arses off each other in the same repetitive circles every day? It's all Mowbray's fault for not signing anyone yet because instead of this, we'd all be scouring youtube and wanking ourselves silly over the video of a backheel our new loan striker scored when he was playing for some random under 15s team. :arghh:

chiefdave

Wouldn't be keen on A but it wouldn't stop me going. B or C for me. I could probably just about put up with B but no so sure I could with C.

When they first turned up and there was talk of the Ricoh being 50/50 between us and Wasps I thought the ideal solution to the seat issue was for Wasps to always have Sky Blue as an away kit and us to always have yellow and black but changing the home kit would go down like a lead balloon.

Otis

Wouldn't be keen on A but it wouldn't stop me going. B or C for me. I could probably just about put up with B but no so sure I could with C.

When they first turned up and there was talk of the Ricoh being 50/50 between us and Wasps I thought the ideal solution to the seat issue was for Wasps to always have Sky Blue as an away kit and us to always have yellow and black but changing the home kit would go down like a lead balloon.
As has already been alluded to, which owners out there are decent? Abramovitch? The Glazers? These Far East companies buying clubs up?

I would take A. Would accept B, but only if it was the away kit I reckon.

C would be a very hard pill to swallow. Coventry Wasps? Arghh!!!!!!!

lifeskyblue

Would be ok with 'a'...couldn't be worse than now. Would accept 'b' grudgingly...I don't count this years kit as worthy of the tag 'sky blue'. As for 'c' wouldn't really want but if it meant we were a well run club (on and off pitch club with real connection with the community), had aspirations to get promotion, to keep and develop the academy, made the fans central to our values etc etc I would live with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rupert_bear

Wasps changing our colours ? That's already happened hasn't it, we now play in white with a bit of sky blue on the front.

Otis

Wasps changing our colours ? That's already happened hasn't it, we now play in white with a bit of sky blue on the front.
You think it is an incredibly subtle change from sky blue to yellow and over the next 50 years we will change one fraction of a shade at a time?

stupot07

Think A would probably be it for me. At a push and I was able to accept A, B would depend on what colour - yes the current one is mainly white but at least has sky blue and clouds are white which fits with thr sky bit, if it was to black and gold I'd be gone. C would definitely be the final straw.

No need to worry, wasps are never going to buy us anyway despite what some think, OSB has outlined on a number of occasions why.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread