Is this their plan (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

I am pretty happy it is completely unrealistic and not economically viable for SISU to build a new stadium.

So it leads you to contemplate why are they proposing it.

Is it that they have now accepted that they are going?

They now want the best price for holdings.

By threatening to build a new stadium and holding initial talks with Walsall. Is this all part of a game with two aims :-

Make the other bidders believe that they will bid themselves for Ltd and that they genuinely want to win the bid. Which will drive the price up. Hence they get more of their dubious debt back.

Secondly make people have to also bid for holdings.
They convince people that they want to keep holdings and buy back ltd. Also that if they are outbid for Ltd they will go to court claiming via holdings they are beneficial owners.

For people to believe this you have to believe they are serious about the club in the future ( hence the new stadium idea)

Their real aim is that whoever wins the bid for Ltd
Then have to approach them and buy them out of holdings.

So basically they have no intention of building a stadium. However they need to convince us they do so they get the best price for both Ltd and Holdings?

win9nut

I completely agree and believe this is their strategy.

It's the only way I can see that they can save face with their investors, maximise their returns on a bad investment, and ultimately increase the perceived value of CCFC as a whole...

dongonzalos

It is the only thing that makes sense. Except maybe buying back ltd. genuinely ground sharing with Walsall and hoping ACL collapse. Although that for me is too much of a high risk strategy.

I just hope the likes of Mr Haskell is prepared to buy them out of Holdings.

However by doing so he does not weaken his own ability to invest in the club going forward by giving SISU money.

Ripbuster

Goes back to December 2011 IMO...

Bottomn of league
Sisu out flags
National press run stories "plight of sky blues"
Hoffman hovering
Headlines for all the wrong reasons

January 2012.
Save our city campaign.
More Hoffman.
More Sisu out.
Richard keys "Coventry on brink" interesting interview.
Reports council agree to sell their share to Ricoh and sunrrounding Area to Hoffman group.

February 2012
Haskell named
Owners of CCFC raised in parliamnet.

March
Joy comes to Coventry :thinking about:
Debenture..

May/June
"fundamental restructuring"

Bennets Afro

Does buying ltd mean the debenture to arvo gets paid in full???

If so then there is £10m in Sisu pocket. How much would it take for them to sell holdings???

Another £10m, £20m

Nice return of potentially £30m. How much have they actually put into the club???

ajsccfc

I doubt they're really playing to any kind of plan at this point, even Bond villains don't have plans this convoluted.

Noggin

It does make sense and at the moment SISU's plan is unbelievably stupid financially and while they have made some duff footballing decisions it doesn't make any sense to believe SISU are stupid financially.

dongonzalos

Nothing else seems viable

Unless someone else can explain it. I just can't think what else. Wonder how much they really are prepared to take for holdings?

Last edited:

Colin1883

What is in holdings?

The right to the name
Coventry city fc?
The academy?
Players contracts?
The right to sell tickets?

Would these not have a bigger cash value than a % of the debt in ltd?...

rupert_bear

I sometimes wonder if things have been discussed between certain parties and all this admin. is a bit of a charade to clear a way forward. A murky world big business, there are people in jail for fiddling far less illegally than is fiddled legally

Noggin

actually fisher just said the part of the club in admin is worthless, that doesn't suggest this is the plan

dongonzalos

if there plan is to run up the value of ltd then saying it is worthless isn't a good way of doing it.

It normal circumstances I agree with you.

However he has to convince people that he is deadly serious about building a new stadium.

If he wants to look genuine at that then he needs to convince you that they are buying ltd.

Then he also has to put off competitive buyers.

It's reverse psychology and a double bluff.

They are hoping for a bid for holdings

wingy

It normal circumstances I agree with you.

However he has to convince people that he is deadly serious about building a new stadium.

If he wants to look genuine at that then he needs to convince you that they are buying ltd.

Then he also has to put off competitive buyers.

It's reverse psychology and a double bluff.

They are hoping for a bid for holdings

Highly likely, the more that bid for ltd the Better ,that really is where the value is as once past that hurdle if there is a need to deal with holdings its just one party V one party .

dongonzalos

I am even more convinced now.

The administrator sets a deadline of May 31st for bids and suddenly Tim out of nowhere appears on the radio on a Saturday. Just to convince everyone how serious they are about building a new stadium

The deadline for bids is soon. Tim needs to convince people they are going to have to out bid SISU.

So he has to go all out on the PR that they are pressing ahead with their plan.

They were due to tell the FA all about their plans early June.

Funny how the bidding starts just before then.....

They have started talks with Walsall and probably submitted a bid for Brandon.

However they need to bidding for Ltd to start quick before it gets to the stage where they have to start committing to the FA, Walsall and maybe Brandon.

Anyone else think it was strange Tim had to appear today on the Saturday of a bank Holiday weekend.

Don't panic Mr mannering!

wingy

I am even more convinced now.

The administrator sets a deadline of May 31st for bids and suddenly Tim out of nowhere appears on the radio on a Saturday. Just to convince everyone how serious they are about building a new stadium

The deadline for bids is soon. Tim needs to convince people they are going to have to out bid SISU.

So he has to go all out on the PR that they are pressing ahead with their plan.

They were due to tell the FA all about their plans early June.

Funny how the bidding starts just before then.....

They have started talks with Walsall and probably submitted a bid for Brandon.

However they need to bidding for Ltd to start quick before it gets to the stage where they have to start committing to the FA, Walsall and maybe Brandon.

Anyone else think it was strange Tim had to appear today on the Saturday of a bank Holiday weekend.

Don't panic Mr mannering!

that would mean Linnel is Complicit and in their pocket ................Surely not.:p:(

wingy

Another interesting point from the Interviews .

PWKH has said that ACL have had contact from 5-----6 if you assume SISU bid for their own company .............of the potential bidders ........Obviously Haskels one of them............you'd have to assume that they all think they can deal / work with ACL and run a club within the confines of Group,that surely exposes SISU's Agenda of the last 18 months even further.

stupot07

No, not really.

There was a statement from the administrator late last night, ACL released a statement this morning....is it really that strange that the fisher would also make a statement today??????

Btw I see dead people

dongonzalos

No, not really.

There was a statement from the administrator late last night, ACL released a statement this morning....is it really that strange that the fisher would also make a statement today??????

Btw I see dead people

Do you think Tim is often desperate to speak to CWR especially on a bank hol Saturday.

If you saw a dead person walking towards you, they would walk straight through you and you still would not believe it happened.

stupot07

Do you think Tim is often desperate to speak to CWR especially on a bank hol Saturday.

If you saw a dead person walking towards you, they would walk straight through you and you still would not believe it happened.

Do you think ACL are desperate to talk to the telegraph on a bank holiday Saturday?

Do you honestly think it is strange for fisher to make a statement following the administrators and ACLs statement?

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Also whilst we are talking about this sort of thing

Who are the other 8 interested parties pushing the price up?

We go from 3 to 8 over night.

Companies similar to ARVO by any chance?

quinn1971

Also whilst we are talking about this sort of thing

Who are the other 8 interested parties pushing the price up?

I can't see why
We go from 3 to 8 over night.

Companies similar to ARVO by any chance?

Seeing as fisher said that there's nothing in ccfc ltd and he's suprised anyone wants to bid for it his exact words were " id advise anyone who buys it to keep the receipt" id be suprised if avro, holdings or any other company close to sisu are interested in buying it. It wouldn't be fisher lying again would it ?

dongonzalos

Seeing as fisher said that there's nothing in ccfc ltd and he's suprised anyone wants to bid for it his exact words were " id advise anyone who buys it to keep the receipt" id be suprised if avro, holdings or any other company close to sisu are interested in buying it. It wouldn't be fisher lying again would it ?

Ha ha

It does give me comfort his panicking today

quinn1971

Ha ha

It does give me comfort his panicking today

Did you hear it in his voice ? Those weren't the words of someone who is sure of what hes saying to many ifs for me. They need the ground share agreed they need to buy some land get planning permission and find somebody to build it.if any one of those requirements doesn't happen they're plan is over.im guessing it will be nuneaton and beduff council or rugby council they will need permission off.

Users who are viewing this thread