it´s up to us (1 Viewer)

hitmanhearns

Are we going to be passive through all of this?, protests in cov city centre on a saturday would bring thousands of fans together and a lot of exposure. Protests outside FL headquarters with mediacoverage would but pressure, A LOT of pressure on the FL no one has ever protested there, protests outside sisu hq etc yet nothing like this is even being considered.

That old club whatever it now is, need us more than ever right now and we are just watching her die. We are handing it´s fate to bureaucracy and hedgefunds without doing a fckin thing.

This is what we have become.... armchair supporters of a once great club.

Last edited:

wingy

Agree with that. We need to all join the trust and get organised.

It has to be said however cynical people may be ,the Trust were very forward thinking to recognise the arising need for a strong fans body ,I tip my hat .

Hadenough

The only way to force SiSu out is to Boycott our Games...If our first 'Home' game next season ..wherever it might be played..was totally boycotted by Coventry fans 2 things would happen immediately
Firstly.We would be all over the media both Locally and nationally...possibly even internationally
Secondly..SiSu would go...

ps, I would buy 2 season tickets the following day:p

lifelongcityfan

totally agree... first home game ---boycott and protest outside, first away game everyone go to prove teh point, and first of timmy's meeting peaceful but noisy protest outside. Time for us all to act together- maybe the last chance to push these bastards out and show them what the majority of us think. I am sure there will be some that say its a waste of time- I wait to hea what there plans is.
ps. everyone to join the sbt as well

brinner

Some fans are on about going to London on. Tuesday 28 th to visit sisu hq and the footy lge offices for a bit of a protest to voice our concerns, be good to get a few down there, some ppl should be off aswell as it whit week

skybluegnome

The only way to force SiSu out is to Boycott our Games...If our first 'Home' game next season ..wherever it might be played..was totally boycotted by Coventry fans 2 things would happen immediately
Firstly.We would be all over the media both Locally and nationally...possibly even internationally
Secondly..SiSu would go...

ps, I would buy 2 season tickets the following day:p

Unfortunately boycotting games is one of the reasons we are in this mess...over the past few years to many 'fans' have been boygotting game for one reason or the other. We all laughed when McGinnity said we would need 26,00 per game to break even, it's looks as if he is being proved right...

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Unfortunately boycotting games is one of the reasons we are in this mess...over the past few years to many 'fans' have been boygotting game for one reason or the other. We all laughed when McGinnity said we would need 26,00 per game to break even, it's looks as if he is being proved right...
We have had mor than 2600 where has all the money gone? 2600 I think is the crwd expected for the Wolves game i Walsall

The Reverend Skyblue

Some fans are on about going to London on. Tuesday 28 th to visit sisu hq and the footy lge offices for a bit of a protest to voice our concerns, be good to get a few down there, some ppl should be off aswell as it whit week

Brinner, let me know the times when you most likely will arrive and i'll get there to

Paxman II

How can you protest about anything if you don't know 100% of the facts?

None of us do I'm afraid. It's a very complicated situation and not at all clear yet.

I have to be more realistic too about fans and their support. It runs counter to conventional wisdom to expect fans would simply not turn up at whatever ground we play at. I'm sorry to say they will. It may not be you or I but a large amount who pay little heed to the back office issues of a football club will care other than they have a fixture and attending to see how their team do. Many of these same fans would not even know who Joy Sappella is.

It's admirable but save your money and wait to see what transpires.
If SISU still end up owning the club and playing at the Ricoh next season I doubt our attendances will suffer for it.

Are we going to be passive through all of this?, protests in cov city centre on a saturday would bring thousands of fans together and a lot of exposure. Protests outside FL headquarters with mediacoverage would but pressure, A LOT of pressure on the FL no one has ever protested there, protests outside sisu hq etc yet nothing like this is even being considered.

That old club whatever it now is, need us more than ever right now and we are just watching her die. We are handing it´s faith to bureaucracy and hedgefunds without doing a fckin thing.

This is what we have become.... armchair supporters of a once great club.

You would be lucky to get 200 people to turn up IMO

Tonylinc

What has affected our gate is the teams performances and that is all. The JPT semi had 30+k so hardly affected?
It's all about the results of a football team and the success that brings.
Agree with this in part BUT lets suppose that Sisu do find a venue outside Coventry and are successful. Do you think that the fans would attend?

lifelongcityfan

its not true... i know a number of people that have given up or just go to away games. sure some will turn out for thr onr off ( JPT,Spurs, Arsenal), but we have lost thousands since sisu took over. T
SISU have not invested in the side so far,a nd are unlikely to at any time in the future. The majority have no faith that sisu will take this club forward.
Who is really going to watch Steven Pressley and a youth team plus travel 30 mile in the process?:

dadgad

disagree...sisu have already cost us thousands on the gate

Correct. A generation of footballing fans is being lost by the club. This is a scandal the implications of which will take another generation to rectify. We cannot, we must not allow these bastards to get away with it.
The FL too have to accept that the fit & proper rule is there for a reason. They have to act.

Tonylinc

Correct. A generation of footballing fans is being lost by the club. This is a scandal the implications of which will take another generation to rectify. We cannot, we must not allow these bastards to get away with it.
The FL too have to accept that the fit & proper rule is there for a reason. They have to act.
I agree but will they? I really can't understand their problem. The GS has reverted to them and it is now down to them to re-allocate it

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I agree but will they? I really can't understand their problem. The GS has reverted to them and it is now down to them to re-allocate it

Dont think its as easy as that. for years HMRC have been unhappy about football debts have been settled before any other debts football finances have been a very grey area. Football seems to be unlike any other business thats why the FL are running scared because Sisu are taking them on or looking like they will if things dont go their way in my opinion

Tonylinc

The whole point here is that the solution to the problem lies in the hands of the FL. They have the power to appoint whoever they like to hold the GS.

Paxman II

Agree with this in part BUT lets suppose that Sisu do find a venue outside Coventry and are successful. Do you think that the fans would attend?

Outside of Coventry is a different scenario and problematic for SISU for sure but they didn't say that? The quote was 'within Coventry'.
Now the Ricoh is not exactly great if you live the other side of the City is it? Can't see a stadium, at least within the boundary of the city being very much different.
Our performances have suffered and our league position and we are getting what we deserve attendance wise.

stupot07

The whole point here is that the solution to the problem lies in the hands of the FL. They have the power to appoint whoever they like to hold the GS.

It's not an easy decision for the FA. They have to choose between

A) ccfc ltd - who hold the lease to play at the Ricoh and some debt

B) ccfc (holdings) - who holds player contracts, possibly the academy set up, possibly the ticket and merchandise, etc income.

stupot07

Outside of Coventry is a different scenario and problematic for SISU for sure but they didn't say that? The quote was 'within Coventry'.
Now the Ricoh is not exactly great if you live the other side of the City is it? Can't see a stadium, at least within the boundary of the city being very much different.
Our performances have suffered and our league position and we are getting what we deserve attendance wise.

They said in the local Coventry area, not in Coventry.

dongonzalos

In the immediate Coventry area " by the way"

Ones mans immediate is another man's town.

What location does Tim's imagination come under, as that is the only place where this is a realistic option

georgehudson

let us not forget that it's not TF's words, as he passes everything via JS,
who, of course, is 'hands on',
what is that saying about a woman scorned ?

WFC

Mmmm! Easy jet destination definition anyone, London Luton, hear their might be a ground going in Scotland.;)

wingy

Mmmm! Easy jet destination definition anyone, London Luton, hear their might be a ground going in Scotland.;)

More Ryan Air me thinks ,Passengers to stand for example, then pay a Taxi a further £80 to get to the actual destination.
I think Tims been to the Gerald Ratner school of Brand Developement..

DaleM

How can you protest about anything if you don't know 100% of the facts?

None of us do I'm afraid. It's a very complicated situation and not at all clear yet.

I have to be more realistic too about fans and their support. It runs counter to conventional wisdom to expect fans would simply not turn up at whatever ground we play at. I'm sorry to say they will. It may not be you or I but a large amount who pay little heed to the back office issues of a football club will care other than they have a fixture and attending to see how their team do. Many of these same fans would not even know who Joy Sappella is.

It's admirable but save your money and wait to see what transpires.
If SISU still end up owning the club and playing at the Ricoh next season I doubt our attendances will suffer for it.

FACTS
It's 100% clear we are in the worst position out of the 92 football teams that make up the top 4 divisions in English football .
It's 100% clear the club is/has been bled dry.
It's 100% clear the current owners are using the club to get rid of debts they have accrued. imo
It's 100% clear we are fucked.
It's 100% clear that we are going down the pan big time.
It's 100% clear we are the next Luton, remember them in division 1.
It's 100% clear Shitsu , in 6 years,have totally fucked CCFC up .
It'S 100% clear that if Timmy and Co try to move us most fans won' t go to "home" games.

Users who are viewing this thread